21st January 2011, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

i am persuing 3rd year in hotel management,am i eligible for the exam of ias and ips.

thankyou

21st January 2011, 08:45 PM
ragin

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

Everyone pursued a graduate degree from a recognized university is eligible to write upsc civil service examination.Hotel management degree is also enough to write it.Hard work and determination is essential to qualify civil service
21st January 2011, 08:57 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

Yes,your eligible for the CSAT examination which is conducted by the UPSC board when your in the final semester of the graduation course.If your in the final semester then definitely you can go through the examination part.

You can get the application from the central/head post office of your city.
22nd January 2011, 01:11 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible.

You should have age between 21 to 30 years.
You have complted your graduation.
Final year students can also apply.
Maximum of 4 attempts can be made for IAS exam.

It is conducted by UPSC.
For mored details logon to official website:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Best Wishes........
22nd January 2011, 03:11 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, of course you are eligible for becoming IAS or IPS officer if you are doing bachelors degree course in hotel management.

IAS & IPS officers are recruited through civil services exam(CSE). The eligibility criteria for CSE is as follows:

Educational qualification - Candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the CSAT.

Age limit - A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases.

For more details visit: www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2011, 02:43 PM
akumar06

Dear Friend,
The Exam for IAS and IPS is conducted by UPSC by the name of Civil Services Examination.
The eligibility criteria for this exam is
Educational Qualification : A graduate in any discipline or a final year student waiting for the result.
Age Limit
21 to 30 Years
Good Luck.
22nd January 2011, 04:11 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend
If your course is equivalent to graduation then you can apply for civil services
examination during your final year of course. You should be able to produce your
certificate at the time of main examination.
e.g. if your graduation is going to complete this year in May-July, you are eligible
to apply for UPSC examination to be conducted in 2011.
For further information you can visit: www.upsc.gov.in
Thank You
22nd January 2011, 04:39 PM
Maxsteel

Any graduate is eligible for giving the exam of IAS or IPS.You can also give the exam after completing your degree.

But it will be better if you will give 1 full year for its preparation because it is not a very exam & for general there are only 4 attempts
22nd January 2011, 04:43 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

If you are a graduate and it is the last year then you can sit in the UPSC exams of 2011.
You can go to www.upsc.gov.in for further information.
All The Best
22nd January 2011, 05:32 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am persuing 3rd year in hotel management,am i eligible for the exam of ias and ips.

thankyou
Yes,you can join for IPS exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.
and hotel management is equivalent to a degree....

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

According to last year Ias exam the dates for 2011 can be expect on

Last date of submission of application form: 1st week of February, 2011

Date of Examination: third or last week of May, 2011

But since this time the pattern has been changed and there is no prelims and main so we can expect some change in dates too

so better to be update with site itself Website: www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2011, 07:51 PM
vskkarthick
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post

Thankyou
all indian nationalities who have completed or going to complete any graduation course they are eligible to write civil service examinations.
The questions will be about general knowledge and related to our indian histories.
So prepare well and succeed
all the best
22nd January 2011, 08:29 PM
benz

Dear friend
As said by my friend vike a bachelor degree in any coarse makes you eligible of going for UPSC examination which after qualifying you can go in Indian administrative or Police service.

Apart from this a point to be noted is this that you can select any subject out of the specified subjects like history , public administration etc.Unfortunately there is no subject in the list matching the main subjects that you would have studied in your hotel management.

Thank you
23rd January 2011, 09:33 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You can write IAs exam only after you graduation or i the last yr of your graduation.
18th March 2011, 07:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

For IAS or the IPS, you need to appear for the CSAT exam which is conducted by the UPSC.

According to the UPSC guidelines, the minimum eligibility criteria for CSAT is as follows:

Educational Qualification:

Graduation in any field from a recognized university.Final students of the degree are also eligible to apply.

Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the the year of exam.
Upper age limit is 30 years(Relaxations:SC/ST 5 years, OBC 3 years)

Maximum Attempts:

*General:4
*OBC:7
*SC/ST:No Limit

So, when you come in the final year of your Hotel Management course, then you can apply for the exam.

Also, if you want, you can apply after completion of your course, but please keep in mind the maximum number of attempts and the criteria for age.

For details, please visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i'm student of IIHM,kolkata,persuing BHM from NAPIER UNIVERSITY,SCOTLAND at kolkata campus...i wiil be given bachelor degree of napier university..so can sit for IAS with this degree?
24th March 2011, 10:44 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS & IPS exams are conducted by UPSC.
To appear in these exams,you should have Graduation degree from a recognized university.

So after completing your Graduation degree you are eligible for IAS & IPS exams.

Your Age should be 21 to 30 years.

Number of attempts are allowed:
04 attempts for open, 07 for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

For more details,please refer to the website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
Kapila
11th June 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I am per sowing the hotel management course, what i can perform the PIS exam . please advice me.........
my ID is- [email protected]
13th June 2011, 08:59 AM
stranger351

Post Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

The eligibility criteria for Civil services exam i.e. IPS and IAS are :
Passed Graduation from a Indian govt recognized university or College
3 year relaxation for OBC
5 yr relaxation for SC/ST in upper age
No. of attempts:
General Candidates -4
SC/St-No limit
OBC-7

For more information
You can visit: http://upsc.gov.in
15th June 2011, 03:27 PM
SUMITRA_M

Yes you are eligible for writing ias or ips exams. The hotel management course is also a degree course. The required education qualification is a bachelor course from government recognized university.
9th July 2011, 04:07 PM
naveen_sharma

dear friend
as you have said that you are a dedari holder therefore you are eligible for
joining BSc hotel management as lateral entry.
so get admitted to some college and study hard.
all the best.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/eligibility-join-bsc-hotel-management-lateral-entry-721.html#ixzz1RbCTBYjO
9th July 2011, 04:42 PM
naveen_sharma

hiiiiiiii i am Naveen kumar frm goa now i m posuing hotel managment [Bsc HM CTT ] frm Heritage institute of hotel & tourism goa compus and my two semster is the lept so pzz give me advace about my job .....
14th June 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

do know some one from hotel management background and cracked upsc exam in his 1 st or 2 nd so on i just wanted list so i can personally call or may be search for myself to get motivated

sagar 21 done HM 3 year From IHM and wanted to be IPS pls reply soon

i will also like to know the success rate from hm background and overall success rate too
14th June 2012, 01:26 PM
sagar1063114a

Question Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

i wanted to know who have cleared ips exam after doing hotel management or some name list so i can contact them or search about them for self motivational
and i wand success rate also from doing hotel management for my reference so i know where i stand
sagar 21 (IHM 2012) wanted to appear for upsc next year
1st January 2013, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

me too ihm student..
If anybody knows about d person who have cleared d ias exams having HM as background.. Plz specify,,,,

kaddy
2nd January 2013, 12:06 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

Yes, you are eligible for IAS officer,

Qualification required for IAS is any bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

IAS aspirants, first crack the Civil Examination, Civil Examination is conducted for IAS/IPS by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones.........

for Civil Examination some eligibility criteria are there, i.e. educational qualification, age limit, nationality, physical standards etc,

if you satisfy above eligibility you are eligible for Civil Examination

Required Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates, age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Personnel Interview

No.of Attempts

Max 4 for General candidates

Max 7 for OBC candidates

No restriction for SC/ST candidates

2nd January 2013, 01:50 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?

Quote:

thankyou

hi friend,

If you join IAS and IPS ,you have most passed graduation Degree......

Final year students are also applicable.........

Citizen of India........

Age limit :- 21-30 years.....

No. Attempt:- General - max. 4, OBC - max. 7, SC/ST - No limit.........

all the best..........
1st March 2013, 10:51 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:

thankyou
Yes you are eligible for the IAS and IPS and the age limit for the exam is:

21-30 yrs

for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2018, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

I completed hotel management distance degree in anu and failed in inter is am eligible for groups and bank jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?