17th July 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

IAS eligibility if I am physically challenged - both legs polio affected, use walking sticks

I am a physically challenged (both legs are affected by polio & walking with the help of walking sticks). i am studying M.E. Am i eligible for IAS?

17th July 2010, 11:06 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IAS eligibility if I am physically challenged - both legs polio affected, use walking sticks

Dear friend
You might be eligible for other UPSC posts but as far as civil services is concerned you won't be able to appear the exam.
Thank You
17th July 2010, 11:13 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: IAS eligibility if I am physically challenged - both legs polio affected, use walking sticks

hello friend,
don worry each and every citizen has rights to enter into civil service under central government
and come across with this website to know something about civil service exams

http://rausias.wordpress.com/

i think physically challenged person can do everything.. hope so you can also do and visit this website you can gain some details atleast

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/390-rejected-ias-due-disability.html

all the very best dude..!!!
18th July 2010, 08:18 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Default Re: IAS eligibility if I am physically challenged - both legs polio affected, use walking sticks

hello friend,
you don't have to worry because physically challenged persons are also eligible for IAS.
so prepare hard and go for a bang.
31st July 2010, 03:06 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
for the ias examination the minimum qualification is graduation,and this exam is conducted by the upsc.and there is some re leaf in the no. of attempts and the maximum age limits.
15th August 2010, 09:39 PM
Sathishkannan

There are some special options for the physically challenged persons in the entrance exam.
15th August 2010, 09:41 PM
Sathishkannan

There are seperate seats are available under the physically challenged quota.
17th August 2010, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a physically challenged (Hearing Impaired,can not use hearing aid). Am i eligible for IAS as PH candidate?in Website it is written that "deaf and mute" will come in PH category?if a person is deaf only then he/she will not be eligible as PH candidate?
17th August 2010, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

hi brother i am also challenged person thank you for giving suggestions sunil
7th October 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

how is the competation for ph people
29th November 2010, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i have defect in eye does it matter about ias exams
5th December 2010, 06:55 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey you can attend the Civil service examination conducted by the UPSC.You can attend the exams if you had complete your graduation course and if your age group is between 21-30 years.Hard work pays.

all the best
6th December 2010, 11:47 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

Yes if you have dedication and will, nothing can stop you.
You are definitely eligible for the IAS under the functional classification
BL:Both legs affected but not arms

All the best Dear
19th February 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm physically challenged people, i want to place in good govt job. What can i do.
24th March 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

i have a question which might be out of contest,,,
1.can We adjust to the circumnstances after qualifying
2.how can i preapre ia m visually disable,,plzzzz help me out;;;;;
12th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit & how much time a physical handicaps appeared the exam
31st May 2011, 10:53 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

each and every citizen has rights to enter into civil service under central government
and come across with this website to know something about civil service exams

http://rausias.wordpress.com/

i think physically challenged person can do everything.. hope so you can also do and visit this website you can gain some details atleast

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/390-rejected-ias-due-disability.html
12th June 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I completed EEE in april 2011 with 76% ,

I lost my left eye Vision at the age of 2. The Eye look like a normal eye having a white dot in it but have no vision. But I have good vision of right eye and can perform all kind of tasks too .Doctors gave a medical certificate of 30% Disability. Many Government jobs ask 40% disability to apply in PH.

My question is ::Is , I elligible to apply for Government jobs or Bank jobs or Engineering posts or not.
If so ,in which category I need to apply. Is in General or PH.
Also suggest engineering job oppurtunities based on merit.
27th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

my name is p. ankamma raju i am from andhra pradesh, my final aim is i want be an ias officer in my life i want be an example to others, i was born in poor family, that will made me challege in my life...now i am living only on dream of ias please make me real person with your good sugestions
26th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi friend i am also a challanged person affected with my both legs
26th August 2011, 08:32 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend, IAS exam comes under CSE, as you are physically challenged,you can be an IAS officer , but there are many other jobs with CSE , you can not avail all of them,But you can be an IAS.Best of luck.
5th June 2014, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

which faculty is to choosed for my daughter who is physically handicapped (One leg and One hand), pl guide
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?