6th April 2014, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Education loan for 30 years old physically challenged girl?

my cousine is 30 yrs old, female,physically challenged and she want education loan an amount of rs 3 lakhs, she is not doing any job or business.kindly reply as she is urgency of amount?

28th April 2014, 07:42 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Education loan for 30 years old physically challenged girl?

Hie, It is a matter of proud that despite being a physically challenged person your cousin has the courage to do something on her own. Regarding your concern I have a good news. You will be feeling happy to know that there is a national level organisation who is helping such physically handicapped students build their lives on their own strength by helping them financially with loan limit upto 25 lakhs and with low interest rate also.

The name of the institution is National Handicapped Finance and Development corporation. It is a government of India organisation comes under the Department of disability affairs under the Ministry of Social Justice & empowerment. So you can ask your cousin to apply for loan here under the scheme Concessional credit for self employment.

If at all she specifically wants study loan only then you can apply at any nationalised bank and will get it approved in Physically handicapped category. so that even your interest percent is lower than general category loans. But you must know that here also you can get study loans, loans for self employment and training. at low interest rates i.e. only upto 5-8% per annum. for more information visit the website www.nhfdc.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?