12th February 2011, 12:19 PM
rohan123sachdev

IIT JEE - Which will be the best approach towards the preparation?

Hello,
I will be entering class 11 and want to crack the iit exam . I am not joining any institution as i have been advised that self study is important in 11th and that an instituition can be joined in 12th.
I want to know that if i am beginning iit prep, how should i go about it. Should i do 1 chapter, then its Rd then mcq practice Sums and then move on to other chapters. Or should i solve ncert of all chapters first and then do rd and iit sums later.
Also , i want to know which chapters are of greatest important in maths, physics and chemistry. And in maths should i follow a particular order ( like trigo first, then binomial ...) or should i follow the order of chapters in ncert and school.

Pl help.

12th February 2011, 11:47 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: IIT JEE - Which will be the best approach towards the preparation?

Keep in mind 3 points regarding IITjee
1. strong determination i.e. consistency in you studies
2. strong concepts
3. Do yoga to increase concentration.
3rd March 2011, 09:16 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,

It all depends on your decision and tendency. If you think that you are quite capable to write the IIT-JEE entrance by your self preparation, you can surely do so.

IIT-JEE is one of the toughest entrance tests for admission to prestigious engineering institutes i.e IITs,IIST etc.

Competition is also much higher in comparison to other tests ,so you have to prepare yourself that kind of way to crack the exam.

Make strong concepts about the topics covered in the syllabus of the entrance test. You may leave one or two chapters though for releasing some pressure.

But make sure that you can cover rest of the chapters as much as you can. Just practice from the model papers and practice papers of IIT-JEE.

The much you practice the solved examples the more you will be stronger in concepts and fundamentals.

If possible,take some tips from teachers and the students who had earlier given the exam.

In this test, no priority is given to a number of chapters in the syllabus ,rather it covers maximum chapters randomly.

So practice a lot with keeping the time in mind as this matters a lot in competitive exams like this.

Give your best! Best wishes!!
25th March 2011, 01:02 AM
rocking_indian

hi friend
in order to crack iit jee you have to be focused from starting ,
most important is to clear your concept of a particular topic and than refer to its related problems.
you can bring study material from various coaching institutes like bansal or allen or resonance

if you are able to solve the given problems them u will be definately able to solve iit jee question papers
25th March 2011, 08:35 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: IIT JEE - Which will be the best approach towards the preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan123sachdev View Post
Hello,
I will be entering class 11 and want to crack the iit exam . I am not joining any institution as i have been advised that self study is important in 11th and that an instituition can be joined in 12th.
I want to know that if i am beginning iit prep, how should i go about it. Should i do 1 chapter, then its Rd then mcq practice Sums and then move on to other chapters. Or should i solve ncert of all chapters first and then do rd and iit sums later.
Also , i want to know which chapters are of greatest important in maths, physics and chemistry. And in maths should i follow a particular order ( like trigo first, then binomial ...) or should i follow the order of chapters in ncert and school.

Pl help.
Hello friend

I will explain you clearly in the form of your question and my answer read carefully..

Quote:
I will be entering class 11 and want to crack the iit exam
its a very good decision...and one should always aim like you...I appreciate your decision.

Quote:
I am not joining any institution as i have been advised that self study is important in 11th and that an instituition can be joined in 12th.
the advice is okay but not upto the mark of your aim..

the joining of any coaching institutes must not be done on advices of elders or seniors or your parents

you should measure the necessity of institute by these factors
  1. are you confident in your basics
  2. if you're not then go with institute ...there you can learn a lot of basics with some eminent professors
  3. are you confident that you can really crack JEE as you know it is tough to get seat in IIT in your desire stream
  4. are you above average student if you're so self study may not fetch you the result what you're expecting
  5. do you have good environment in your home if you don't take my advice to join in a good institute

you should decide the necessity of the institute in this way...

Quote:
yeah you are absolutely right..

in the first two lines.

next coming to your dilemma i suggest you to first have perfect basics then solving your sums

Quote:

if you want to get a seat in IIT's then you should not get this doubt in your mind..

for a ranker everything is important

so concentrate equally in every part..

ATB

regards

~aditya~
5th April 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

hello. my son karthik is studying in mirs sriperimbudur in 12th fiitjee he needs advice he will be having 7 hours of time for study and he asked me to ask rankers in the net to advice him howmuch concentration need to be given for ncert and for iit preparation kindly advice
8th April 2011, 05:17 PM
kartavya99

you should both but must have deep concepts.
30th May 2011, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11 with PCM and Comp.Sc subjects. I am not an above average student but aspire to clear IITJEE exam. I wanted a guidance as to should i take tuitions and concentrare on only NCERT for these two years and then drop a year to prepare for IITJEE exam or should i start the coaching-the two year plan for entrance preparation right from now?
5th June 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

How many seats are there in iit
15th June 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

is there any eligibility crieteria for iit jee2012
21st June 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

ive joined an institute i could not understand any thing and i could not even ANSWER a single question in the material they have given . what shall i do to join in IIT JEE ???. just now i completed my 10th std
12th July 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

best books to consult for jkcet
2nd September 2011, 12:20 AM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

the best to prepae for iit-jee is

firstly, study the concpets well and then making clear of the concepts go for solving the

problems.

prepare for the exam very sincerely and confidently.

refer the books:

FOR MATHS:

R.D.SHRAMA,

TMH,

FOR PHYSICS;

H.C.VERMA,

ARIHANT SERIES,

FOR CHEMISTRY:

O.P.TANDON,
3rd October 2011, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

i am in class 11th in hindi medium. i want to preparation iit-jee entrance exam. so i believe in self study.so which book i should buy......
13th October 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

tell me some books for proper thoery of chemixak kinetics
13th October 2011, 11:48 PM
Nanaoba Thounaojam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan123sachdev View Post
Hello,

Pl help.
First of all ,the first thing you should keep in mind is that IIT is not a tough exam but a very tricky one.So the basic element to crack IIT is to catch the basic concepts .Don't take too much time in a chapter just clear up the basic concepts and then analyes some past year questions of that chapter.Concerning the doubts with teacher is a much for cracking IIT.If you can, coaching is also a good part for preparation of IIT exam.
Go thoroughly the ncert books .You should also get some good books for instance- TATA MACgraw hill for Maths, Resnik and Haldy for Physics,mtg for chemistry and so on....don't keep too much stress while preparing for exam ,be always cooled
25th October 2011, 11:02 AM
SUBHO010

Smile Re: IIT JEE - Which will be the best approach towards the preparation?

For preparation of IIT two things should always be kept in mind:
1. Its not the fact that how much you read.

2 Its actually what you read and how you read it.

Here are a few tips on how to start your preparation forIIT:

1. Try to give equal importance in all subjects.

2. As you are going for self study you will have to work a bit more harder than others. You should have someone to whom you can clear your doubts.

3. Try to solve a completely a single chapter completely from all books.

4. Revise what you have already learnt in regular intervals.

5. Try to solve as many problems as you can on paper rather than just reading its solution.

6 Books to refer

Physics: NCERT, H.C.Verma
Chemistry: NCERT, O P TANDON, PRADEEP OBJECTVE CHEMISTRY.
MATHS: NCERT, R.D.SHARMA, ARIHANT Series

All THE BEST
7th November 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Is there any solution book for hc verma
12th November 2011, 03:44 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Am I eligible for Bank Clerk positions having completed Diploma in CSE?

Yes , definitely you are eligible for bank clerical post .
or appearing in bank clerk examination , one only need atleast 10+2 or equivalent degree and you have already completed diploma means you have cleared the eligibility criteria so don't worry and apply for it .
Generally questions that are asked in bank clerical examination is not very tough but still students fails to get good marks due to negative marking and failure in time management so give special focus on these .Please don't attempt those question in which you are feeling insecure.
For getting latest information about any bank exam please visit http://www.bankexamsindia.com
23rd June 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm an IIT aspirant !!! please tell me how to prepare effectively for iit jee when i have just 6 months with me ?
24th June 2012, 06:40 PM
aatif1

Since you have decided that you are going to do self study then better stick to it and i will guide you in that area only.
First of all you need to keep in your mind that IITJEE attracts about 5 lac students every year out of which only about 10000 students get selected. That means that the competition is going to be intense and your preparation is going to be of that level.
Take the help of these books:-

PHYSICS
H.C.Verma(both the volumes)-for easy study
Halliday/Resnick/Walker-for more complex study

CHEMISTRY
K.L.Chugh(for class 11 and 12)
O.P.Agarwal
R.C.Mukherjee

MATHEMATICS
M.L.Khanna

Apart from these books also subscribe for the magazines 'physics today', 'chemistry today' and 'mathematics today' at 'www.mtg.in'. These magazines are published monthly and contain the best problems along with the correct solutions.

If you are doing self study, then start from the very first day of class 11. Give equal 3 weightage to all the 3 subjects. Complete each and every chapter with detail and always do a healthy amount of numericals to gain your confidence. First gain your concepts and then focus on sums. You will take time to complete chapters because the syllabus is vast, but you need to complete it without worries so that you don't forget it a later time.

Important chapters for maths are calculus, coordinate geometry and algebra
physics- mechanics and electricity
chemistry-organic chemistry

best of luck!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?