4th June 2012, 12:47 AM
Sweetjosh

Importance of Information Technology in Library?

Importance of information technology in library....please provide to me the info

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do diploma in Library and information and doing Bachelors in same? -- [New]
  2. IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science-Fundamentals of Information Communication Technologies Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science-Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. IGNOU, Master of Library and Information Science-Academic Library System Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Which are the best books for NET preparation?
  6. Best books for NET exam for LS?
  7. Role of Information Technology in Library Science?
  8. How can I study B.A Inf and Library Sciences?
  9. List of diploma courses through correspondence -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which is the best PhD college in uhs,Karnataka? I'm B.Sc graduate of aphu with OGPA of 8.5 and interested in entomology and breeding
  11. Application procedure for Bachelor of Library information science through distance learning? Fee details, duration and last date to submit the form for the same?
  12. Courses which can be done after 10th?
  13. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
  14. Detailed information about PET for Library & Information Science postgraduate?
  15. What are the jobs available after Polytechnic?
  16. Best books to prepare for UGC NET computer science and application paper I, II and III?
  17. Eligibility to do diploma in library science through correspondence from Bangalore from after passing 10th?
  18. How to do BSc IT from government college in India? I have just cleared 12th examination this year
17th July 2012, 02:27 AM
nikhu99

Default Re: Importance of Information Technology in Library?

Dear friend ,
I have given importance and need of information technology in library in pointwise manner...................

Need..................
1.Education is a life long process therefore anytime anywhere access to it is the need
Information explosion is an ever increasing phenomena therefore there is need to get access to this information

2.Education should meet the needs of variety of learners and therefore IT is important in meeting this need

3.It is a requirement of the society that the individuals should posses technological literacy

4.We need to increase access and bring down the cost of education to meet the challenges of illiteracy and poverty-IT is the answer

Importance.................

1.access to variety of learning resources

2.immediacy to information

3.anytime learning

4.anywhere learning

5.collaborative learning

6.multimedia approach to education

7.authentic and up to date information

8.access to online libraries

9.teaching of different subjects made interesting

10.educational data storage

11.distance education

12.access to the source of information

13.multiple communication channels-e-mail,chat,forum,blogs,etc.

14.access to open courseware

15.better accesses to children with disabilities

16.reduces time on many routine tasks

17.Information Technology in Education

good luck..............
17th July 2012, 02:45 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Importance of Information Technology in Library?

hello dear..!!

importance of IT is given as follows:-

-->access to open courseware

-->reduces time on many routine tasks.

-->information technology in education.

-->multiple communication channels -e-mail.

-->educational data storage.

-->distance education

-->access to online libraries.

-->authentic and up to date information.

-->acts as a reference for future.

thanks....all the best...go ahead...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?