31st July 2015, 04:54 PM
Prince Kumar BM

Which job is better for me in Indian Railway?

Sir,I have completed std.12(commerce) with 49%, I want to know which job is better for me in Indian railway because Now I want to addmit in F.y B.com so please tell me a right way...

Related Questions:

31st July 2015, 08:17 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which job is better for me in Indian Railway?

Indian railway is one of the largest rail network of the world and it offers many type of jobs every year where you can apply according to your qualification as you are only a 12th pass out candidate so you can apply for -

>> Ticket collector

>> Ticket examiner

>> clerk

>> Assistant station master

>> Guard

>> peon

>> Track man

>> Swipper

31st July 2015, 08:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no suitable jobs in the Indian Railway after 49% in the board examination. You are not eligible to appear for the SCRA, TTE etc.. conducted for the recruitment in the Railway.

But you can join the services in the RPF where you have to clear the examination along with best physical fitness.

But you can continue your graduation as after the graduation there are many recruitment in the railway through the SSC examination for this the minimum eligibility is graduation passed candidates in any discipline.

31st July 2015, 08:49 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# As per your current educational qualification, you are advised for following posts in Indian Railway which are:

* Junior Clerk
* Reservation Clerk
* Billing Clerk
* Ticket Collector
* Ticket Checker
* Junior Stenographer

# Few useful tips regarding Railway Recruitment Examinations:

* First of all, make yourself aware with syllabus, pattern and mock test.
* Focus more on numerical aptitude, reasoning ability, general awareness, general studies etc.
* Allot equal time for each and every section of examination.
* Fix some clear and specific study goals and try to achieve it in stipulated time.
* Make such arrangements in your study room that there should be no any interference while studying.
* Always study in short sessions or intervals. Do not study for long periods. Take short rest after every interval/session as it keep your brain active and fresh.

# Names of few useful books regarding railway examinations are:

* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Upkar's Railway Recruitment Board by Khanna & Verma
* Verbal and Non-Verbal Books by R. S. Aggrawal
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
* Arihant's Objective English
* Arihant's General Studies by Tarun Goyal

31st July 2015, 09:27 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

As now you are going to admit in B.com which is a graduate degree course , after completion of this course you can apply in any post in railway department is a better option for you.

The best option for you which you can apply for are as follows :

Indian Railways Personnel service

Indian Railways Traffic Service

Indian Railways Store service

Ticket collector

Clerk of typist deparytment

Junior acountant assistant

31st July 2015, 10:00 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kumar BM View Post
Sir,I have completed std.12(commerce) with 49%, I want to know which job is better for me in Indian railway because Now I want to addmit in F.y B.com so please tell me a right way...
You can apply for the SCRA exam (Special Class Railway Apprentices) and there are eligibility criteria's which you need to satisfy and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification

# The Candidate should be a citizenship in India
# Age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a age between 17–21 years.
# The candidate should have copleted +2 from a recognzied school board of education with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as subjects with at least 50% aggregate

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the SCRA exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

21st January 2016, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a bengali medium student so please tell me some usefull books(in bengali language) for ticket collector exam preparation.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?