5th October 2011, 02:36 AM
zihaan

Job Opportunities after completion of Engineering in Information Technology?

I have done my Engineering in Information Technology(I.T.) from Mumbai University,
I want to know what are the job opportunities and what kind of job can I get?
I heard that Top companies like IBM, Accenture, TCS, Patni, etc. require 60% or more but i only have about 55% in final year and aggregate percentage is also nearly same, I am confused as to what and where should I find a good job.
I tried the Jobs Sites like naukri.com, etc, but they don't seem to help all they provide is back office/call center opportunities/BPO, etc. Also i could not appear for campus placements due to pending subjects and percentage restrictions. Are there any possibilities for me to get a decent Job? Or will i have to do Masters in Engineering?
I actually need information as I don't really know much about jobs in IT industry
and I don't know where should I apply for an appropriate and decent engineering job...
also what is the initial pay for an I.T./Computer Engineer?
Thanks in advance,
Zihaan

Related Questions:
  1. What are the job opportunities available after completion of B.Sc medical lab technology?
  2. What are the job opportunities after computer science engineering
  3. What are the job opportunities available after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How can I become an IT professional and what should I do?
  5. List of job opportunities available in state and central government sector after completion of B.Tech Silk Technology?
  6. What are the job opportunities available after completion of BCCA course? -- [New]
  7. Information regarding Government Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  8. Available job opportunities after completion of Diploma in IT? What are the job opportunities for diploma holders in Railways?
  9. What are the job opportunities after completing diploma in Information Technology?
  10. Job Opportunities after completion of Civil Engineering? Will there be more Job Opportunities for me after completion of Civil Engineering compared to Computer Science Engineering?
  11. What are the opportunities of job available after completion of B.Com course?
  12. Job opportunities for 3 years Information Technology Diploma student?
  13. Information regarding Government Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Textile Technology?
  14. What is the difference between Computer Engineering and IT? Can a person with aptitude and interest in Computer Engineering opt for IT? What are the job opportunities in both?
  15. How to get a government job after completing three year diploma course in Information Technology?
  16. What are the job opportunities available after completion of 12th Bio-Maths?
  17. Possible jobs in private sector after B.Sc in Agriculture?
  18. What should be done after diploma in EEE?
12th October 2011, 11:31 AM
prabakar23

Default Re: Job Opportunities after completion of Engineering in Information Technology?

hi zihaan,
Im Prabakar, what my suggestion is, if u decided to go to job means first try to stick on one job, weather its IT/BPO or unrelated to ur studies. If u get a job related to u degree means its ok and u can grown up with that, but otherwise u stick on job what u get ,then search for other job related to ur studies,because in job u could meet lot of people then u wil get some idea what to do next in future..etc
At the same time u decided to do higher studies means choose the best college in ur city or outside the city and select which college providing good placements ,coaching..etc and join in that college. Past is Past so do hardwork try to get more marks in that.

All The Best
Prabakar M
21st October 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Job Opportunities after completion of Engineering in Information Technology?

hi sir i am raj kumar yadav. i am completing my b.tech from information technology in 2011. i want to know what are the jobs comes in rural areas ex.(block level) for information technology student.
thanks......
23rd October 2011, 02:02 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
what can i do after completion of btech in instrumentation & control ... What are the career options after B.Tech(Instrumentation & Control Engineering)? .... information technology or instrumentation and control engineering ...
3rd November 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

how to write a resume for debut interview please prepare resume
5th November 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

What are the jobs available for information technology students in Indian railway?
8th November 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech(i.t) from a central university with 55.40%.i got 80% in ssc and 74% in hsc. my question is if i do m.tech in it from iit bombay,can i get job in google, morgan stanley, infosys...etc?

from suraj pathak
19th November 2011, 09:24 PM
brijesh2970

Dear friend,
After doing M.tech from IIT Bombay you can get job in following company:-

1. Google
2. Microsoft
3. Oracle
4. Morgan
5. Stanely
6. Moserbare
7. infosys
8. Wipro

Best of Luck!
15th December 2011, 07:30 PM
tuntunia

hi zihaan,
Im Prabakar, what my suggestion is, if u decided to go to job means first try to stick on one job, weather its IT/BPO or unrelated to ur studies. If u get a job related to u degree means its ok and u can grown up with that, but otherwise u stick on job what u get ,then search for other job related to ur studies,because in job u could meet lot of people then u wil get some idea what to do next in future..etc
At the same time u decided to do higher studies means choose the best college in ur city or outside the city and select which college providing good placements ,coaching..etc and join in that college. Past is Past so do hardwork try to get more marks in that.
All The Best
29th December 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

sir,i will compete my B.E. in computer engg. next year.What type of preparations i should do to get a good job?
27th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Btech in Information Technology, 2011 passed out. I secured 72% but I'm not getting any job opportunities in mean while I have done sap course also but no use. I have updated my resume in many websites but no one of the website is showing me a correct job I want to do IT software job but im getting chances in BPO,telecalls etc. there were no campus placements at my college, so now after coming out of college really i was very tired in searching a relevant job thats suits to my profile
please any one help me and take me out this situation
clarify me where i'm going wrong and in which way I should go to reach my destiny
Regards,
Priyanka
1st March 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i am in final year engineering(IT), what to do to get the best job in company ? should i take admission for MBA ?
9th March 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

what are the job opportunities for IT engineers in bank sector
plz reply
13th March 2012, 10:34 AM
jobsick

If u get a job related to u degree means its ok and u can grown up with that, but otherwise u stick on job what u get ,then search for other job related to ur studies,because in job u could meet lot of people then u wil get some idea what to do next in future..etc
At the same time u decided to do higher studies means choose the best college in ur city or outside the city and select which college providing good placements ,coaching..etc and join in that college.
16th June 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

sir....i want to know dat nowadays which field is good with respct to future....(career opputunities)....
i m confusd between b.arch and b.tech...
which corse shud i chooese???
corse will be more helpfull to me after completion of my studies...
good job...good salary...n job security///

plzzz reply soon..as..i m vry much confusd..and need to decide it vry soon
as my aieee prefernce form filling round and cet cap rounds are almost started..:(....plzzz help...

my email id [email protected]
plzzz i need ur help....
thnking u....bidita hazarika
24th June 2012, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Hy...This is pARTH..i JUST completed my B.E IT....In June-2012.....! i want to know that how many are there field after IT....& How can i go throgh...?
24th June 2012, 05:01 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hy...This is pARTH..i JUST completed my B.E IT....In June-2012.....! i want to know that how many are there field after IT....& How can i go throgh...?
Hello Parth,

You have completed your B.E. in IT sector so you will be eligible for the IT sector jobs. You can apply for the off-campus jobs of companies such as TCS, Infosys, Wipro, etc. You will have to wait for sometime now and then when their hiring process starts you can apply.

You can also look for job n your own though walk-ins and job fair.

You can apply for exams such as e-Litmus, etc which conduct campussing after you clear their exam.

If you want to go for higher studies then you can start preparing for MBA. You can join MBA institutes like T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, etc that will help you prepare for the same.

If you want then you can prepare for the next GATE examination clearing which you can pursue M.Tech.
24th June 2012, 05:03 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i will compete my B.E. in computer engg. next year.What type of preparations i should do to get a good job?

Hello Friend,

You need to prepare for the placements.

Generally there are 3 rounds in campussing.
1. Written Test or Aptitude Test.
2. Technical Interview.
3. HR Interview or Personal Interview.

The process of campussing varies from company to company. Some Companies also have Group Discussion round while others don't.

You need to follow these two books very nicely:
1. R.S. Agarwal Quantitative Aprtitude.
2. R.S. Agarwal Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

Aptitude questions come from these two books only. So prepare it nicely.

For the Technical Round, you need to prepare on your basics of the subjects that you like in Engineering.

Once you clear the Aptitude and Technical Round, then HR Round is supposed to be formality in most companies as candidates don't get rejected in this round.

You can also go through the placements papers of the company for which you are going for placement. You need to know some detail of the company as well as they can ask question about the company as well.
24th June 2012, 05:23 PM
padhakudkt

To get government jobs you should appear in the UPSC( Union public Service Commission),SSC(Staff Selection Commission), Bank, Railway, Defense ,IES(Indian Engineering Service) etc.
Those post you can apply which are as follows:

Civil Services (IAS ,PCS,IFS): You can appear in UPSC entrance exam for this. To join this job you have to pass three exam preliminary, mains and interview.

Bank jobs(PO,Clerk) : You can go in Bank jobs through IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Seletion). 19 banks include in this exam. You can apply online for this exam. It has two stages written exam and Interview.

Railways : You can go in railway through SSC exam.SSC conduct several exam for different posts like technical or non technical.

Defense : you can go in defense through Enrance exam like CDS(Combined Defense service, UES (University Entry Scheme), TES (Technical Entry Schem) and OTA(Officer Training Academy) conducted by UPSC.

You can also apply for the entrance exam of government companies like
GAIL
SAIL
BSNL for JTO
DRDO
ISRO
BHEL
BEL
IOCL
NTPC
ONGC
ETC.

Best of Luck…
6th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

hi sir
I am charan .recently I completed my engineering in IT with 66% but i did nt get the job in placements IT/BPO.Than i started going to my career to higher study MS in aboard but another shocking is i am not qualified in entrance test of IELTS in oct.my dad told me to attempt the exam 2nd time but I am nt coz I want to go for the software .I decided to join in basic computer programming c,c ,java/.net etc ,, course with 100% placement in bangulore .guide me which is the best insitute duration 1year and 8 hours per day. plz guide me
Am I right becouse I am hyderabadian rpl me

[email protected]
27th December 2012, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
Rohit here, I am the student of final year Information technology from North Maharashtra University. I need a guidance, where to go after completing my Engineering. What are the better choices available?
Regards.
13th March 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

does college plays a good role in placement ?????
13th March 2013, 10:12 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

IT Students have a great Scope in India.

You may Apply in a large no. of areas.

For further studies, you may apply for Either GATE or MBA/MCA.
The gate score further helps in not only pursuing M-tech, but also it helps in the getting recruited in various PSUs.

Also IT Engineer is in a huge demand by a large no. of IT companies.
Some of the best companies in India are as follows..

Infosys
Wipro
TCS
Oracle
Accenture
D-Link etc..

All The Best
22nd May 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi, i am mamatha, i have completed my 2nd puc with 58%. plz tell me some courses tat i can choose....!!
30th June 2013, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my BE in IT. I am planning to go for my masters in MIS fall of 2014. In the meanwhile, please suggest if I should aim for an internship or do a few certification courses. I am interested in databases. Do let me know what courses I should pursue. SQL or MySQL or any other. Thanks in advance.
1st August 2013, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i have completed engg. from IT ,now i am pursuing M.tech From Embedded System and computing .is there any problem in Job at Govt.sector?
1st August 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my BE in IT. I am planning to go for my masters in embedded system and computing ,is there any problem for applying in Govt jobs. Thanks in advance.
19th August 2013, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.E in Information Technology in 2012 from Gujarat University with 75 % and Now I am trying to search job in Mumbai areas but still i can't get any call .I have take guidance from many people but they just advise me to do Classes on specific programming language.so I planned to do any course then in which language should i learn .I have interested in asp.net with C#.net .so how the job security and salary would be after going into .net side .Many of my friends suggest me to do Java but I don,t know about java technology much more. some suggest Database courses like sql ,oca ,ocp etc .so according to you what should I choose to start my career in IT .I am Very Confused Please I need your advises ...please suggest me i am boring ....??
thanks ...smith
29th September 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have completed my BE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN 2006 but right now i didn't get any job related to my field what can i do at that time ? i have already lost 7 years ,so i will get a job in my field? please tell me some suggestion for giving me job
18th January 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

My son has completing his M. Tech in June 2014. Apart from campus selections, is there any further course/job that can be recommended for his career.
24th March 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

In future which type of job or where or which type of place can i get in this field?
28th November 2014, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi I'm Shruti I completed my engginering in 2014 I'm fresher,I'm searching jobs from past 3months but all I found is tech support jobs and my % is 55% b.e in all top MNC company they are asking 65%.so now I'm thinking that join a ccourse(Java) so I'm confuse to joining a course is better or up to Dec I hav
e to search job?? So plz tell me which one I have to choose
5th April 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I will be highly obliged if you plzz suggest me a way ahead.

I have completed my B.tech in Information Technology.
But, I had always a deep interest in Electronics. I need to apply for a job as I can't go on for regular courses with my present financial condition. I want to pursue M.tech in Computer Science later as a regular course. But, to get a masters degree in the meanwhile someone has suggested me to pursue MBA in Finanace/International Relations from sikkim manipal university distance learning.

Sir, I have a technical temperament and I seriously want to go for higher studies in some technical field only.

But,my problem is that I can't pursue M.tech regular right now,because I cant give up my job for atleast next 2 years.
Plzz suggest me a way so that I may get a correspondence masters degree which is related to my interest as well as passion (Electronics) and also it might be related to Information Technology in which I have done my B.tech.

Plzz help me sir.....m very very confused.. !!!!

My Email address: [email protected]. contact no. 09999094865
19th February 2016, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I have completed my B.E(Info SCE) in 2012 and worked in Tcs for 2.5 years due to personal reasons I left the job and now its almost one year career gap I dono what to do please help me how can I build my career. Can I do some course which course would be useful pls guide me
15th April 2016, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.e.I.t. in 2013. N I got married in same year and due to my pregnancy I didn't anything due to bedrest. Now my baby is around 2 yr and want to start my career and also done software testing course recently but it will become very difficult to get job.. So sir plz tell me what are the different ways to become self independent bcoz nw my age is abt 30
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?