12th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Is KSOU approved by government?

Sir we want to know is ksou is approved by govt....please tell me if it is approved

24th August 2011, 06:49 PM
vishuraj2007
Member+

Default Re: Is KSOU approved by government?

Dear Friend

The Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-known organisation:

The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi

Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi

Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK

Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China

Commonwealth of Learning (COL).

But it is not approved for conducting B.Tech./B.E./M.E./M.Tech./Diploma in Engg & other technical/professional programmes through distance mode.
1st December 2011, 08:17 PM
rk6030

RECOGNITIONS

The Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-known organisation

The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi,
Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi,
Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK,
Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China,
And also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
National – International Recognition
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent of His Excellency Honorable Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academic year 1996 vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 (KSOU Act – 1992). The act was promulgated with the object to incorporate an Open University at the State level for the introduction and promotion of Open University and Distance Education systems in the education pattern of the State and for the Co-ordination and determination of standard of such systems.

With the virtue of KSOU Act of 1992, Karnataka State Open University is empowered to establish, maintain or recognize Colleges, Regional Centers and Study Centers at such places in Karnataka and may also open outside Karnataka at such places as it deems fit.

Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, has accorded recognition to Karnataka State Open University, Mysore for offering Programmes / Courses approved by the Statutory bodies of the University. Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) (Revised notification F. No. DEC/OU/Recog./2008).

Karnataka State Open University is a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi since 1999 (No. EV/11(80)/99/203935-4172).

Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, United Kingdom since 1999. Its member code is: ZKASOPENUINI.

Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China since 1999.

Karnataka State Open University has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Vancouver, Canada since 2003. COL is an intergovernmental organization created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning / distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.

Recognition Policy of DEC (Distance Education Council)
9th January 2012, 11:39 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir we want to know is ksou is approved by govt....please tell me if it is approved
HI,
Yes K.S.O.U is approve by govt of India.
It is approve by Distance Education Council(D.E.C)
27th January 2012, 05:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

>>KSOU is UGC approved

>>But not approved by AICTE

If any university is approved by UGC , then it will not create any problem to your future.So the degree is valid.Don't worry about this.

I have attached the UGC approval letter.

6th February 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir we want to know is ksou is approved by govt....please tell me if it is approved i studied in ksou in diploma in mechanical engineering it's certificate is valied or not, can i applay for governaments secectors job as like apgenco,armey navay, airforce& mec
6th February 2012, 06:58 PM
monis83

Quote:
Sir we want to know is ksou is approved by govt....please tell me if it is approved i studied in ksou in diploma in mechanical engineering it's certificate is valied or not, can i applay for governaments secectors job as like apgenco,armey navay, airforce& mec
Yes you can apply......
2nd April 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Is Sikkim Manipal university in distance education approved one?
14th May 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,,
now i have ksou in b.tech second year.pleas tell me ksou is ugc approval...?????
because,after 3year i want going in out of country any where in engineering plant.
then i have selected in that type of componies or not,
now i have doing job in engineering plant.
pleas give me clear anser.
17th June 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

is M.tech via distance education approved
17th September 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY JOB FOR M.TECH-IT STUDENT FROM KSOU?
15th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

is the government of maharashtra eligible for promotion of diploma civil engg. distance learning ??
17th April 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am fresher my question is electrical diploma open approved any private sec like brpl and bypl plz tell me
16th July 2019, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have complete my diploma in E&C in the year 2014..because of some personal reasons I couldn't continue my studies.. Now I want to do B. Tech in KSOU.. Will it be OK for me to apply for government jobs or will there be any issues if we do in distance learning r if we do it in KSOU please let me know
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?