26th March 2016, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech Mechanical in Karnataka State Open University being a Diploma holder?

Hello Sir,
I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and now I want to do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. So can I do this from Karnataka State Open University?

28th March 2016, 03:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech Mechanical in Karnataka State Open University being a Diploma holder?

Yes, you can very much opt for it. You just have to appear for LEET examination and after successfully clearing the exam, you can very much get admission in 2nd year of the course mentioned above in the above mentioned University.
28th March 2016, 06:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech Mechanical in Karnataka State Open University being a Diploma holder?

The B.Tech degree offered by KSOU is not approved by AICTE. You need to get admission in a regular course for a recognized B.Tech degree which will make you eligible for government jobs.

If you are just looking for private jobs then you can surely go for KSOU recognized B.Tech degree. Admission is not a problem in KSOU if you have passed class 12th with PCM stream.
29th March 2016, 02:04 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you can do so as in Karnataka State Open University there is the Lateral Entry course for B.Tech.
You need to appear for the Lateral Entry Entrance Examination of Karnataka State Open University.
Once you are able to get clear the Entrance Examination of Karnataka State Open University you will be eligible for the course of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka State Open University.
13th October 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I got admitted in KSOU through Study Centre in West Bengal under Algol India in the Session 2012-2014 in M.Sc. (Maths) and completed the degree in 2015. Am I eligible to get any Government job? Please help me confirming the fact.

Prasanta Kumar Biswas
West Bengal.
7th March 2017, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am complete 2 year diploma in mechanical in haryana state and clear LEET exam so. Can I apply for KSOU..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?