29th January 2018, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Lateral entry in 3 year B.Sc is better or to opt in lateral entry for 4 year B.Tech or BE?

I have completed Diploma in Electronic and Communication and have also completed my Higher Secondary with PCM and Biology. Now, I'm planing to continue my education. However, I'm bit confused. Whether I should try for lateral entry in B.Sc program which is normally of 3 years or should I try for lateral entry in B.Tech or BE program which is normally of 4 years. I want to continue my study in Electronic Science. Please advise.

2nd February 2018, 03:54 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Lateral entry in 3 year B.Sc is better or to opt in lateral entry for 4 year B.Tech or BE?

For diploma candidates, Bachelor of Technology or Engineering is always the best option in terms of higher studies. Without any doubt and confusion in mind, you should proceed towards B.Tech course.

About Bachelor of Technology course:

Bachelor of Technology is a professional course of four years duration. But for diploma candidates, through lateral entry it is only of three years duration. You can apply for LEET exam if you have 60% marks or more in diploma to get direct admission in second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?