25th July 2015, 07:25 PM
archith999

Eligibility for lateral entry in B.Tech colleges of Tamil Nadu?

Sir,
I am doing 3 year diploma course under latral entry provision so i directly got admitted to second year in a polytechnic college of tamilnadu affiliated to A.I.C.T.E and D.O.T.E . My stream is instrumentation and controll engineering. So am I eligible for lateral entry to btech. If so which all states and colleges have this provision?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join B.Tech through lateral entry colleges of Tamil Nadu?
  2. Details for difference between BCA and BCA lateral entry?
  3. What is the procedure for appearing lateral entry exam in Tamil Nadu?
  4. Lateral entry in Tamil Nadu engineering college? From where to get the form?
  5. How to apply for post diploma lateral entry in engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu? Can I apply to IIT Madras?
  6. Am I eligible to attend lateral entry counseling to join B.E in Tamilnadu Engineering College? I have completed diploma in Production Engineering
  7. Required Cut off marks to get admission in Engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu through Lateral Entry?
  8. Can I be eligible for lateral entry in Bangalore after completing schooling in Tamilnadu?
  9. Best course for Diploma in Mechanical holder?
  10. Lateral entry colleges in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility for lateral entry into B.Tech?
  11. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  12. How to take lateral entry in 2nd year in WB colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to apply for diploma lateral entry exam for engineering in Tamilnadu while in ECE diploma?
  14. Which college can I get for counseling after scoring 27.091 marks in TANCET exam
  15. List of colleges in Tamilnadu taking admission through lateral entry for diploma holders? I have finished my diploma course and expecting 83-89% marks in my diploma
  16. Can I get admission in 2nd year in NIT after completing diploma
  17. Can I do AMIE course if I am a ITI fitter student?
  18. List of colleges I can join for engineering in Tamil nadu? I've completed my diploma with 80% marks in Tamil nadu
25th July 2015, 11:40 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for lateral entry in B.Tech colleges of Tamil Nadu?

Eligibility for Lateral Entry in B.Tech College:

You should have passed three years engineering diploma from an institution, recognized by board of Technical Education.

You must consist at least 45% marks

40% marks in case of SC/ST candidates
25th July 2015, 11:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

You have completed 3 years diploma course so you are eligible for Lateral Entry exam. You are eligible for get admission in B.Tech college in Tamil Nadu.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
26th July 2015, 12:45 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Now a time , You are doing diploma engineering in IC(Instrumentation & Control).After completion of it , you are eligible to get lateral entry in B.E (IC Engineering) in 2nd year directly.You will get lateral entry on the basis of your diploma engineering course.Generally ,Most states allow lateral entry in 2nd year of degree engineering for diploma engineering candidates.

Best IC Engineering Colleges/Universities In Tamilnadu
- VIT University , Vellor
- Thiagarajar College Of Engineering , Madurai
- SRM University , Chennai
- SASTRA University , Thanjavur
- PSG College Of Technology , Coimbatore
- Anna University , Chennai
- Amrita School Of Engineering , Coimbatore
- SSN College Of Engineering , Kalavakkam
- Madras Institute Of Technology , Chennai
- Karunya University , Coimbatore

Career Scope In IC Engineering
In IC Engineering , You have a great job prospects in Manufacturing Companies.Manufacturing Company recruits to maintain Instrumentation System & Automated Process to increase Efficiency , Stability & Safety.
You can get job in Thermal Plants , Chemical Companies , Cement Companies , R & D Organization , Teaching Institute & Other Manufacturing Company.
17th May 2017, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in mechanical engineering (2016 Pass out). I have tried to apply lateral entry through online, it shows UNDER AGE error.

My date of birth is 15/04/1998.(19 years old)

What I have to do..?????
27th July 2018, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my diploma in mechanucal in APTC nelmaruvathur. I wish to apply for lateral entry in B. E Marine what is procedure. Do i have to appear for any entrance exam or can i apply with any college in T. N. Under DOTE.
29th June 2019, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 3 year diploma course under lateral entry provision so i directly got admitted to second year in a polytechnic college of tamilnadu affiliated to A.I.C.T.E and D.O.T.E . My stream is Chemical Engineering. So, am I eligible for lateral entry in the University of VIT/Anna University at Chennai.
15th January 2020, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the entrance exam for polytechnic students to do B.tech in thamil nadu state
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?