24th July 2019, 02:21 PM
Anindita Adak

Is M.Ed compulsory to apply for NET examination?

I have complete B.Sc in Pure Science and thereafter B.Ed from Calcutta University and now I am doing M.Ed from West Bengal University of Teachers' Training, Education Planning and Administration. Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of M.Ed?

27th July 2019, 08:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Ed compulsory to apply for NET examination?

NET is National Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted for recruitment as lecturer in government colleges.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university. There is no age limit to appear for the examination.

So, it is not necessary to pursue the M.Ed course but you need to pursue M.A course.
28th July 2019, 08:43 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindita Adak View Post
I have complete B.Sc in Pure Science and thereafter B.Ed from Calcutta University and now I am doing M.Ed from West Bengal University of Teachers' Training, Education Planning and Administration. Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of M.Ed?
Education eligibility for NET examination is given below:
(1)candidate must have scored 55% in master's degree.
(2)candidate should not be more than 28 years.
(3)Ph.d holders will be given relaxation of 5% aggregate marks.
Thus, it is not necessary that a candidate should hold M.ed degree.
29th July 2019, 04:44 PM
mani98

You can appear in UGC NET Exam having M.Ed degree. ... You must have secured minimum 55% aggregate marks in post-graduation to appear in UGC NET. 5% relaxation is available for SC/ST/OBC/PWD aspirants. If you want to appear in UGC NET for JRF then your age should be minimum 19 years and maximum 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?