8th November 2009, 08:31 PM
kavithabio

M.Sc biotechnology student, I couldn't find job in Biotech :(

Sir/Madam,I have completed M.Sc Biotechnology on 2008... Now am in chemical industry nearly for one year ... I entered into this field as I didn't find job in biotech.. but I dont like to be in this.......i hadn't concentrated on my studies during these period. I hav intest in biotech rsearch field... Wat should I do now to get into that and wat all d chances for me to get into biotch....I dont want to lose my 5 years studies. plz guide me

Related Questions:
  1. Should I go for a job or Msc Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? What are the chances for job?
  2. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  3. How to do MSc Biotechnology from Abroad?
  4. M.Sc biotechnology student, I couldn't find job in Biotech :(
  5. How to get a job in biotech field after passing MSc Biotechnology?
  6. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA and M.Tech in Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology? Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  7. How to do MSc Zoology or MSc Biotechnology after completing graduation in Zoology
  8. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotech), either M.Sc(biotechnology) or M.Sc(microbiology)?
  9. Where can I get a job after MSc Biotechnology? How much will be the basic salary after completing the course?
  10. How to apply for a job in Biotech company after completing MSc in Biotechnology
  11. Job opportunities in Biotechnology after passing MSc Biotechnology in Aurangabad?
  12. Which post graduation course should we prefer after B.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  13. Which is better to do MSc Biotech in Abroad or in India? Is MSc Biotechnology from Canada a good choice?
  14. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which is better M.Sc Biotechnology or M.Sc Medical Biotechnology?
  16. Future options for life science students?
  17. Which institutes are better to do M.Sc. Biotechnology course?
  18. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
30th November 2009, 08:02 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Default Re: M.Sc biotechnology student, I couldn't find job in Biotech :(

Dont leave ur hope 1st.... U ll definitely get a good job... U r just waiting 4 ur turn.... So search 4 a good job till u get it.... Definitelybio technology is the booming course... u dont feel for u present position.... Upload ur resume in monster.com,naukri.com,timesjobs.com
30th November 2009, 08:14 PM
dipaleeknyn

You can try for Agri based industries, food and beverages, drug industries, digonostics, pharmaceuticals, forensic, marine etc.
You can take the "Employment news" news paper, it contains most of the jobs related to biotechnology field.
register yourself in naukri.com or monster.com, they will send you an alert message.
don't worry you will get it.
Good luck
2nd December 2009, 01:13 AM
anuja
Senior Member+

http://www.clickindia.com/search.php...otech+Freshers

http://hyderabad-jobs.com/biotechnol...hyderabad.html

http://delhi.click.in/classified/job...ts/214734.html

submit your resume here i m sure that you will definitely get a good job for you. all the best.
2nd December 2009, 03:41 PM
navkirankaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavithabio View Post
Sir/Madam,I have completed M.Sc Biotechnology on 2008... Now am in chemical industry nearly for one year ... I entered into this field as I didn't find job in biotech.. but I dont like to be in this.......i hadn't concentrated on my studies during these period. I hav intest in biotech rsearch field... Wat should I do now to get into that and wat all d chances for me to get into biotch....I dont want to lose my 5 years studies. plz guide me
Hi........ kavithabio,I am a student of+2, aspirant of doing biotechnology.I m totally confused about my choice. Many advised me not to think of it, as they said future of boitech in INDIA is still bleak.After knowing your condition,i think,i have to think again about my choice.

wish you GOOD LUCK.
2nd December 2009, 05:29 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

future of biotech in india is still bleak,just because of lack of good and deserving candidates and professionals in india.

however,gov.is investing crores to make the whole infrastructure more attracting,but no body want to join,research or any other gov.job in this field

just because of money matter,in these conditions,any field will decline.

every year 5lakhs of students pass engineering,but only 1lakhs get jobs,instead this number of engineering aspirants is increasing day by day.

dont worry about job just study if you want to study biotechnology.

BEST OF LUCK
2nd December 2009, 06:20 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

don't worry ,you can apply for Phd in iit's or some other reputed institute.the chance to get good job will be more from such platforms
30th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Senior Member+++

dont get worried in my view the best way for you is this that you should submit your resume on various job providers by registering with them such as
www.shine.com
www.naukri.com etc
then they will provide you all notifications of the vacancies that will suit you the best
........best of luck
16th February 2010, 07:45 PM
priyankagarg

dont worry you will definitely get a job in the field you are interested in. you just need to do some efforts. just check for any projects regularly on biotechnika.com site or in newspaper. get yourself enrolled in some project in some good institute like IMTECH..by doing this you will get back into your line and will gain experience also.side by side try for JRF and eventually you will get enrolled in Ph.D and after that try for PDF in which you are of a scientist level. OR you can try for different biotech companies. they will definitely consider your experience.
if you have cleared NET then you can try for lecturership also.

all the very best.. just be determined and focussed.. i wish to see in you a good biotechnologist doing wonders.
15th April 2010, 10:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
the competition for jobs are tough due to various reasons.
The first reason is a huge population and the second reason
is the limited resources available, Biotechnology is one such
way which gives us a different path to meet to various
opportunities and Government is taking extra interest in
carrying out of these researches and thus the researches
are carried out in greater scale, employing several people.

ok
all the best.
31st May 2010, 06:04 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

you can try for different biotech companies. they will definitely consider your experience.Biotechnology is one such way which gives us a different path to meet to various opportunities and Government is taking extra interest in carrying out of these researches
15th July 2010, 06:40 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

then you should apply for gate:
gate score from this year is taken out of 100.
from any department,minimum score is 25/100.
you have to score that to get a seat in biotech
16th July 2010, 12:14 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Biotechnology is one such way which gives us a different path to meet to various,opportunities and Government is taking extra interest in,carrying out of these researches and thus the researches,are carried out in greater scale,
24th May 2011, 09:44 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Biotechnology is progressing in india slowly but surely. Biotech is completly based on research sector, every biotech company needs experienced employees. Before applying in any biotech company you should have 1-1.5 yrs. Of work experience, don't worry your job in chemical industry will be beneficial for you in future, you should collect your work experience certificate from your current company which you can produce at the time of interview. If you need more experience then you can join any biotech company, for the training purpose.
After training you can apply for R and D wing of any research based company. After adequate experience you will have chance to work in designated companies like BIOCONE, BIOWORLD, BRAINWAVE, MPHASIS, METAHELIX LIFE SCIENCES, BIGTECH etc.
If you wanna to groom your career more then Ph.D will be best option for you. Various scholarship programs are organised to complete Ph.D for biotech P.G. students.like-
*CSIR-Nehru science post doctoral research fellowship scheme.
*CSIR-JRF, forms are available in the month of august (generally online), and exam in december.
For more information on scholarship you can visit-www.indianscholarship.com and www.a2zscholarship.com
If you wanna to garnish your future in abroad then you can appear for GRE (Graduation Record Examination), after qualifying in the exam you will have chance to get your shining Ph.D from best university in abroad.
If you have more query then you can contact me [email protected]
Remember "if there is will, there is a way".
Ok, best of luck.
8th June 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i have a dought i am biotech fresher if i w prefer marketing job . after one year i need to do work r&d then i will considered as fresher
19th July 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

im, sreelekha.. i have completed msc, animal biotechnology,, in which field i can choose job
12th September 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam
iam swetcha. present iam studying 2nd biotech.iam wrote gate exam in this year my gate score is 88 .this score is useful for any jobs plz tell me.
thank you
13th September 2011, 12:24 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

http://www.clickindia.com/search.php...otech+Freshers

http://hyderabad-jobs.com/biotechnol...hyderabad.html

http://delhi.click.in/classified/job...ts/214734.html

submit your resume here i m sure that you will definitely get a good job for you. all the best.

Thanks
4th June 2012, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

I DID MY INTER LEVEL IN PCB GROUP FROM CBSE AND SECURED 83 % MARKS WITH 95 % IN BIO THIS 2012 YEAR. I APPLIED AND GONE THROUGH ALL ENTRANCE EXAMS OF MEDICAL VIZ AIPMT, AFMC, AMU, AIIMS, UP CPMT. MY PHYSICS SUBJECT IS LITTLE BIT POOR, SO I'M NOT HOPING ANY SUCEESFULNESS IN THESE EXAMS. ALSO I BELONG FROM GENERAL CATEGORY.
IN FUTURE ALSO I DO NOT ANY HOPE IN MBBS FIELD.
PLZ SUGGEST ME BETTER LINE IN MEDICAL RELATED FIELD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?