17th January 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Master of Design(Product Design/Industrial Design) after B.Tech. in ECE

i will be completing my btech in electronics and communication in may 2011 and wish to get a masters degree in design (product design/industrial design and the like)
i would like advice on the following queries:
1. what other design courses i can opt for considering i have a btec degree
2. where all can i join for such a course and what type of exams do i need to appear for,eligibility and cut-off of the exams ?
3. what is the scope of such a degree?

30th January 2011, 06:40 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Master of Design(Product Design/Industrial Design) after B.Tech. in ECE

The minimum eligibility criterion for M.Des. [Master of Design] program is Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture or Design or Interior Design or equivalent.
Two most reputed institutes offering M.Des. are IIT [Indian Institute of Technology], Mumbai, Delhi, Bangluru and Kanpur campus. For admission, candidate has to qualify through AICEED [All India Common Entrance Examination for Design]. This is followed by another Entrance test conducted by IDC [Industrial Design Center]. Successful candidates are called for interview. Only top 45 to 50 students get admission to the course. The scope is excellent. Most candidates will be recruited through campus interview itself. They get good compensation packages in the field of Landscape designing, Architectural design, Interior design and Structural designing field.
30th January 2011, 06:42 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Default Re: Master of Design(Product Design/Industrial Design) after B.Tech. in ECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i will be completing my btech in electronics and communication in may 2011 and wish to get a masters degree in design (product design/industrial design and the like)
i would like advice on the following queries:
1. what other design courses i can opt for considering i have a btec degree
2. where all can i join for such a course and what type of exams do i need to appear for,eligibility and cut-off of the exams ?
3. what is the scope of such a degree?
Design is very good field for ECE student for future aspect as well as technical aspect. Product design is very high level senerio for that you must have very good knowledge of desiging issue.
You can go for MTech in the same field of design .
Mtech is PG but practical exposure is most important in it so must visit manufacturing companies you can also go for intership that will help alot to you in this field.
31st January 2011, 06:14 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Master of Design(Product Design/Industrial Design) after B.Tech. in ECE

I think the best option would be to write GATE exam conducted by IITs and IISC.
12th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

how to join in this course and where to join
23rd March 2011, 11:09 AM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

The minimum eligibility criterion for M.Des. [Master of Design] program is Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture or Design or Interior Design or equivalent. Two most reputed institutes offering M.Des. are IIT [Indian Institute of Technology], Mumbai, Delhi, Bangluru and Kanpur campus. For admission, candidate has to qualify through AICEED [All India Common Entrance Examination for Design]. This is followed by another Entrance test conducted by IDC [Industrial Design Center].
3rd July 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i have done btech in computer science n engineering can i do any interior designing course?

and where can i do the course?
2nd October 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

wat kind of jobs will a master of design do ??
27th December 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

I had done y b.tech with computer engineering .can i pursue the masters in Interior design???
1st May 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

what kind of courses are available for mechanichal engineering students in Mdes??????
24th September 2012, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

are there any other institutes offering M.Des..??
3rd February 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

what kind of a job profile is generally offered to an Industrial designer (Interactive design)? what are available remunerations for that?
2nd February 2014, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a fashion designer...and due to some problems i'm not able to do that..after completing b.tech(ECE) can i do m.tech in fashion designing......and can i become a fashion designer?
12th June 2022, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 3 year diploma in tool and die making and also having 2 years of industrial experience.. am I eligible for m.design in any college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?