8th February 2014, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA best or M.Com?

is MBA is best or M.COM....Please tell me the details

9th February 2014, 08:01 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is MBA best or M.Com?

M.Com stands for Master of Commerce. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. Both the courses are 2 year Post Graduation courses being offered by many of the colleges in India.

The admission for both the courses will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

For M.Com course, each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam for the candidates.

But to join MBA course, you have to crack any of the following Entrance Exams
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

From my side, I always suggest candidates to opt for MBA course rather than M.Com course.

The reason being you can gain good subject knowledge and strong communication skills by the time you complete your MBA course.

In addition, there will be good number of job opportunities for the candidates who have completed MBA course in variety of business sectors.

The first year of MBA course will be common for all the candidates. But in the 2nd year of MBA course, the candidates have to opt for specializations.

Some colleges will offer single specialization to be chosen by candidates where as other colleges will offer dual specializations for the candidates.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your Graduation.

Opt for the specializations in MBA course in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

You should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in your Graduation in order to be eligible to join MBA course.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?