9th February 2010, 08:26 AM
harshala deshpande

MBA entrance exams, how to apply and where to get the books from?

hi, i am very confuse abt the mba entrance exams,dont know how to apply for this? i am B A student,whr will i get the books ? can u help me ? plaese tell me wht is the procedure of entrance exam and whr i hv to apply?

9th February 2010, 08:11 PM
sj_420

Default Re: MBA entrance exams, how to apply and where to get the books from?

there are various MBA entrance exam like CAT,MAT,XAT,SNAP,TISS any many more all of them have different criteria so please mention which exam are you targeting.
10th February 2010, 12:23 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

You can get the information related to the MBA entrance exam from the below site:
www.indiaedu.com/entrance-exam/mba-exam-date.html
www.indianmba.com/Entrance_Test/entrance_test.html
MBAUniverse.com
www.successcds.net/mbaentranceexam/
10th February 2010, 11:29 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dont worry there are several exams for mba, you may apply for mat , cat exams. mat exams are held on may 2010 and cat exams are held on dec 2010, visit the sites for more information or read newspaper.
16th February 2010, 02:54 PM
abhi013

Lightbulb Re: MBA entrance exams, how to apply and where to get the books from?

Dear friend,
There are various colleges and diffrent exams to get admission in these colleges if you are a good memorizer then you should go 4 cat with a good educational backround then you can go 4 cat if not these then you shall try for mat as it is an average peformers area where test are esay but your competition will be big in numbers next is every college has their own entrance exam you can check every college and their websites for that and their are few colleges which do not have ugc or aicte approval but they have great value in the international arena as isb hyderabad ,iipm,and many if you need any further help then you can contact me on [email protected] or call me on 9999020542
16th February 2010, 06:10 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

hi,
you can join time institute and prepare for the these exams next year as the exams for 2010 is over
they will provide you with all the required material and good coaching also
all the best
28th March 2010, 05:19 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
there are lots of exam for MBA for example CAT ,XAT ,MAT.each have their own time of conducting exam.
generally the exams are held in may and december.

and if you talk about the books ,again i will say a lots of books are there in the market.
for details visit the link:
www.indianmba.com

good luck.
31st March 2010, 07:18 AM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend,
there are so many mba entrance exams like cat,mat,xat,snap and also there are different criteria for different exams.if you want to looking for best books for mba than you just visit-www.a1books.co.in/scitems.do?scId=12-47-239-8-67-151-93... ,
www.successcds.net/mbaentranceexam/.i suggest you for buy the question bank of mba exam.

all the best.
15th September 2010, 06:21 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for MBA there are so many entrance examination like CAT, MAT. XAT. the date of application form will available in leading newspaper or in website. in two way form fill up is possible. offline and online. you should choose the better one for you. also the examination will be in two way offline and online. you will get many books from market for this type of MBA entrance examination. you may take admission in private institution where they provide coaching for MBA entrance examination.
29th November 2010, 11:40 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
The most popular exam for MBA entrance is CAT.Online exam conducts every year in the month of october-november. admit cards dispatched to candidates in the month of august-september.there will be multiple choice questios,every question carrier 5 optional answers,4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer & 1/4marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.for more information you can logon at-www.catiim.in
30th November 2010, 04:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

To get admission in India's no.1 management institutes i.e. IIMs you should appear in CAT. The CAT score is also considered by many other top management institutes for admission to their mba course like BIT,Mesra; MDI, gurgaon; IMT, ghaziabad etc.
The CAT exam is held in the month of november. For detailsgo through the CAT notification.

You can also appearin a no.of other management entrance exam like:
XAT foradmission into XLRI,jamshedpur & others
SNAP for Symbiosis, pune
UPCAT for management institutes in UP
25th December 2010, 12:45 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: MBA entrance exams, how to apply and where to get the books from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshala deshpande View Post
hi, i am very confuse abt the mba entrance exams,dont know how to apply for this? i am B A student,whr will i get the books ? can u help me ? plaese tell me wht is the procedure of entrance exam and whr i hv to apply?
these are the information that you are searching for.

these are the list of MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS.

• CAT AND MAT= COMMON APTITUDE TEST AND MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
    these above are the all India based common entrance Examination..
  • ATMA - AIMS Test for Management Admissions ATMA Entrance Exam...
  • AMU - Aligarh Muslim University AMU MBA
  • AIMT - Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam AIMT Entrance Test...
  • BIMTECH - Birla Institute of Management Technology BIMTECH Exam...
  • Bharati Vidyapeeth University - All India Entrance Tests Admissions to Management Courses Bharati Vidyapeeth University MBA Pune...
  • Asia Pacific Institute of Management

good luck.
13th January 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

i m pursuin my b-tech( 2 nd yr.) n i dnt have any idea about mba exams. i wish u can give me any info how to preapare n when to prepare fr it. i also wish to know what kind of newspapers n magazines (also name them) will work fr me n tell me on what things i should start focusing rght nw.plz help me.
9th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

how many marks we have to score in previous graduation?
9th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

If pending students will get this benefit?
25th July 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

please tell me which book i should read for all mba enterance exams?
28th December 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I am studing in 12 can i give mba exam as trial base..
17th March 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I don't have really any idea abt mba exam i know we have to give cat,mat, etc.which books i should refer..plz guide. i'm bca frm gujarat.. Plz help me
4th May 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

what type of questions are basically asked in GD after cracking mba entrance of AMU?How to prepare for it?
5th May 2013, 02:46 AM
Topper 1
Junior Member+

hello friend,
see there are different types of exam for MBA such as CMAT,CET,CAT,ATMA,AMU
You give which ever you like to give 1st take information about the syllabus of this exam and then as per your capability you choose exam!
5th May 2013, 03:35 AM
vkghanghas

Common Admission Test (CAT) is one amongst the largest MBA entrance exams conducted by Indian Institute of Management every year. Through this examination, prospective management students are shortlisted by six IIMs - IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, IIM Indore, and IIM Kozhikode. Besides these IIMs, the score card of this examination is also accepted by more than 102 other institutes. Cracking CAT examination is one of the biggest dreams of MBA aspirants and to make it true one has to do a lot of efforts. Jagranjosh.com has jot down some tips on how to prepare for CAT exam:
Be focussed on Exam Pattern: As the test will consist of two sections - (a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, the candidates must focus on these two sections only. Aspirants must not go beyond these sections while preparing for CAT examination.
Set a Time Table: The first step to start the preparation must be setting a time table as it will help the candidates to devote proper time in the daily routine jobs along with the study. Not only setting a time table will help but the aspirants must follow the same to get some fine results.
Systematic and meticulous study: Candidates must ensure that they are very systematic in their approach as it will help them to wind up their topics according to their time table. The best way to furnish this is to choose a topic first and decide the required number of days for concluding that topic. Try to resolve all your confusions regarding various concepts, formulae and reasoning on that topic within the stipulated time period decided by you.
Know your strength and weaknesses: Candidate must thoroughly study the syllabus of the examination and do smart work rather than hard work. In CAT examination, the candidates are judged on conceptualized knowledge, analytical skills and decision making capabilities. So, try to know your weaknesses and work hard on that and brush up your strengths to excel in examination.
Practise Mock test papers to develop speed and accuracy: As there will be 30 questions in each section and time allotted to each section will be 1 hour and 10 minutes (that is 70 minutes), so the candidates must practise mock test papers to develop speed and accuracy. It will also help them to know their pitfalls and mistakes by the time to overcome that.
Healthy Diet and Proper Sleep: Just study, study and study will not lead a student to crack the exam but the healthy diet and right amount of sleep along with the study will show the good results. Both are very necessary to keep the mind fresh and to improve concentration power.
Revise before the big Day: On the Examination day, aspirants should remain calm. Revision of the studied topics is very necessary. One should not start studying new topics on the examination day.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?