12th April 2018, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

MCA or MBA, which one is better to study for BCA(H) student?

Dear Sir, I am doing BCA(H) and studying in final semester. I want to do MBA but my parents are suggesting me to do MCA. So, I am little confused now. Please advice me which one I should do in my Master's Degree?

14th April 2018, 10:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MCA or MBA, which one is better to study for BCA(H) student?

According to me you should pursue MBA as because it is in demand now a days as well as career oriented.

Some of the demanding streams are:-
Finance
Marketing
HR

But you should choose your stream as per your interest.
15th April 2018, 09:38 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my suggestion you can do MCA course after completing BCA course rather than MBA course.

=> M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course.

=> The duration of this course is two years.

The name of best jobs for you after completing MCA course are given below.
  1. Database Management Companies
  2. e-Commerce Companies
  3. Schools and Colleges
  4. Security and Surveillance Companies
  5. Government Agencies
  6. Networking Companies
15th April 2018, 11:06 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As you have done bachelor's degree in computer application, Master of Computer Application would be the best post graduation course for you. However, if you do not like to study computer application then you can go for Master of Business Administration.

NIMCET and IIT JAM are two exams through which you can get admission in IITs and NITs for MCA course. For admission in MBA, you can apply for exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP etc for admission in management institute like IIMs etc.
15th April 2018, 01:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications and MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. If you are interested to enter into software field then, it is best to go for MCA or if you are interested to go towards Management side, you have to choose MBA course. So, based on your interest whether you are interested to go into software field of Management sidd, you can choose MBA or MCA course for pursuing your higher studies.
15th April 2018, 01:50 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Changing stream after bachelor's degree will not be a proper choice.

A candidate should continue his master's degree in continuation with same stream at bachelor's degree level.

Avoid any confusion and go for Master of Computer Application. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject at 12th level to pursue this course.

IIT JAM is exam for pursuing MCA from IITs.
18th April 2018, 05:39 PM
iamssuhana

MCA would be better. you may have to qualify entrance exam but there are a few college which give direct admission to students.Colleges prefer students those who have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduation .So if you have studied Maths and computer at graduation and have marks between 45-60%( as per universities requirement).

Some good colleges that you can consider for doing MCA are:Christ University K.J. Somaiya Institute-Mumbai, Lovely Professional University- Punjab , VIT University Tamilnadu, Jamia Millia Islamia University Delhi,NMIMS Mumbai, Anna University Tamil Nadu, University of Mumbai, University of Kolkatta,NIT Warangal,Institute of Technology Kothrud -Pune, Pune University, University of Hydrabad,JNU Delhi, Delhi University,Maharaj Sayaji Rao University, Banaras Hindu University, MS Ramaiah University, Anna University, Jadavpur University,Birla Institute of Technology and Science,Amrita University, Annamalai University,Osmania University,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?