3rd October 2010, 06:12 PM
athirah

Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

hi,friendz...............

i am a new to posting such questions,but i hope i would get an answer for my question:

meaning of word OBC(non-creamy layer) in filling the form of gate application form and year of degree

please i need answer to these questions.....

Related Questions:
3rd October 2010, 07:58 PM
v.charan

Post Re: Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

i think
obc means other backward class
obc means orginal birth certificate
thank you
3rd October 2010, 08:07 PM
Mansi Gandhi

Default Re: Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

there is nothing such a meaning taken in a bad sense it is just that for the other backward classes........it is just a more no. of opportunities given to the OBC's so that in case if they couldn't clear it in the first chance do to some reasons because of money they could do that the next time...
4th October 2010, 01:10 AM
mseetharamster

Default Re: Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

OBC mean other backward castes
non-creamy layer mean your parental income between Rs.1,00,000 to 3,00,000.
4th October 2010, 11:22 AM
averulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by athirah View Post

i am a new to posting such questions,but i hope i would get an answer for my question:

meaning of word OBC(non-creamy layer) in filling the form of gate application form and year of degree

OBC is other backword class. There are basically Open, OBC , and sc,st,nt such type of classes available.
Open category or general category do not have any reservation while for others there are reservations like 20% , 30 % etc,
4th October 2010, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

im an obc candiate but i dnt know about NON CREAMY/CREAMY LAYER.PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP
4th October 2010, 05:50 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

OBC (non-creamy layer) means the other backward class who's annual income is less than 5 lakh. If the annual income of of a OBC is more than 5 lakh then he comes in creamy layer and he is not eligible for the reservation given by indian government in the field of education and public services.

Best of luck
10th October 2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

is there any official website giving information about this ,...
11th October 2010, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

hello please help me ,,,, as am OBC CANDIDATE SO AM APPLYING FOR THE POST OF HPCL,HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED, I NEED EXACTLY DIFF B/W CREAMY & NON CREAMY LAYER
12th October 2010, 11:51 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

OBC means other backward class.

there is some reservation for OBC in every institution. after GATE examination like SC and ST Obc candidate will also get some reserved seat. but for form fill up of GATE the examination fees is less in case of SC and ST but OBC has no deduction in the fees. they have to pay the full money. that's why you do not have to give OBC certificate if you are OBC long with your application form. you have to show it at the time of admission to get the facility.
18th October 2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

is 3B category belongs to obc
24th October 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I have put general instead of OBC in gate application form and sent it.. how can i change it now?
24th October 2010, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

non-cremy means
25th October 2010, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

do 2B COMES IN obc
30th October 2010, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

how can i change category
13th November 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

How can i change item no:7(category) i have marked "general" insread of obc.............
please reply me at the earliest............
24th November 2010, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

for applying IIT what is the income limit for non creamy layer and for creamy layer and how and where can i get this certificate.my father is a junior lecturer in the state govt. of Andhra pradesh.his total income for the year is below 4.5 lakh.shall i come under creamy or non creamy layer.kindly help me.
26th November 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

OBC (non creamy layer)
28th November 2010, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

sorry!i dont know.
8th December 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

I wan to know the the difference between OBC A ctegory and OBC B category.
13th December 2010, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know the difference between OBC A ctegory and OBC B category.
13th December 2010, 11:17 PM
lavanyaratala

It is for the other backward classes.......don't worry about it
14th December 2010, 02:39 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

Hello dear

OBC means other back ward classes if you have certificate for OBC than tick the option it will get a reservation of 27 % on your exam non creamy layer means the one whose income is in the range of 1 lac - 3 lac .

all the best
14th December 2010, 02:57 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the relatively wealthier and better educated members of the Other Backward Classes (OBCs)

OBC (creamy layer) means those candidates who are from the backward class & whose income whose income is more than Rs. 4,50,000.

If you belong to creamy layer then you are not entitled for any reservtions or benefits in the GATE exam meant for BC candidates.
15th December 2010, 01:40 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
there are a lot of meaning for obc in different area and in different field but i only three
obc means other backward class
obc means orginal birth certificate
obc means non-creamy layer
16th December 2010, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

i want to know difference between OBC-A category and OBC-B category
27th December 2010, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

Hey,

Thanks dude for this non-creamy meaning God Bless U.........
9th January 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

is any cut off mark for OBC catagory in GATE exam ?
10th January 2011, 01:22 AM
rihhu
Member+

hi OBC means other backward classes
there basically categories in it like obc-a,obc-b, like that till e
and there is special seats or oppurtunities are given to them

in all government colleges ,sectors,or exam
they get extra facility
15th February 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

What is non creamy layer
23rd February 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the relatively wealthier and better educated members of the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) who are not eligible for government sponsored educational and professional benefit programs.
OBC children belonging to any family that earns a total gross annual income( from sources other than salary and agricultural land[2]) of Rs. 450,000 (the income ceiling for creamy layer raised from 250,000 to 450,000 in October 2008) belong to the creamy layer.
It's mean Family income less than 450000/year = Non creamy layer
if more than 450000/year= creamy layer
26th February 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

hi, this is Dev. I am non creamy layered obc one, but still I appeared Gate examination with general(becoz of confusion of non creamy and creamy layer). Now can I get benefited while the time of iit(m tech) counselling. Plz tell me.
15th March 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

hello evryone... i belong to obc non creamy layer.... but in my gate application i hav written as general...... and i got 24 markz but the qualifying markz for general are 25 and for OBC it is 22.5..... i hav income certificate and caste certificate.... im i qualified for gate...??????
plz give me ans fa my question...
28th March 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

As electrical engineer, if i give GATE exam then howmuch salary of my per month?
28th March 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

As electrical engineer, if i give GATE exam then howmuch salary of my per month?
13th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I am working in a Public Sector Company, My Gross salary per annum is >Rs.450000/- I belongs to BC-D group. Can I apply OBC for my child for getting admission in AIEEE/IIT.
6th July 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

The creamy layer is a term used in Indian politics to refer to the relatively wealthier and better educated members of the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) who are not eligible for government sponsored educational and professional benefit programs. The term was introduced by the Sattanathan Commission in 1971, which directed that the "creamy layer" should be excluded from the reservations (quotas) of civil posts and services granted to the OBCs.
21st July 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

how can i proof i am a non-cremy layer catagory?
25th August 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I've applied fo sail.. Mine s obc wt s mean by non creamy layer
7th September 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

please tell me documents for obc certificate rajasthan
12th September 2011, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

what is the meaning of year of degree in gate application?
15th September 2011, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the meaning of year of degree in gate application?
year of degree means which year you have passed out your B.E / B.TECH.for final year students mention 2012 as the year of degree.....
19th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

do i have to post the certificate to prove the obc non creamy along with gate application 2012 ?
20th September 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SHALL I WRITE FOR YEAR OF DEGREE IN GATE 2012 FORM ?
22nd September 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

please tell the meaning of 'year of degree' in filling GATE application form
3rd October 2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

i belong to non creamy layer but i ve enrolled myself in general category in the gate online application. how can i change now. reply me as early as possible..
7th October 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Rs 80,000 per month minimum...
10th October 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

me too did the same mistake i am belongs to obc but put as general....i have contacted the iit madras help line he gave the suggestion as to write a letter to iit madras chairman that we have done the mistake in case of category...hope for the best comfort.....
12th October 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

sir.i have done in filling the application.i am fill in the blank of category OBC instead of general.how to modify.please reply me sir
12th October 2011, 11:51 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Meaning of word OBC (non-creamy layer) in filling of GATE application form

Quote:
Originally Posted by athirah View Post

OBC (Non Creamy Layer) refers to the category of students whose parents' overall income is not more than 3 lakh..

If the total income of your family including all the resources and your father's and mother's income accounts for less than 3 lakh per annum then you shall be counted in the OBC-NC (Other Backward Class Non-Creamy Layer)

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?