6th August 2015, 03:00 PM
Erdheeraj@2015

BE in Mechanical is sufficient to do M.Tech or MBA?

I have completed my BE in mechanical then is sufficient or go for mtech or MBA or from both of them which courses give me lucrative package and which branch should. I have to do my PG

6th August 2015, 05:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BE in Mechanical is sufficient to do M.Tech or MBA?

The selection of course after bachelor of technology should be done keeping in mind your career interest and goal. Both Master of technology and Master of business administration have immense career and job opportunities with handsome salary. So there is nothing to worry about stream. You can choose any one of the them.

However from my point of view being a candidate of mechanical engineering, you must go for Master of Technology. You can appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to get admission in M.Tech in top colleges of India like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges.

Some of the best specializations for the Master of Technology for candidate who has done bachelor of engineering in mechanical engineering:

>>Applied Mechanics.

>>Mechatronics.

>>Engineering Mechanics.

>>Automotive Engineering.

>>Referigeration and Air Conditioning.

>>Industrial Automation and Robotics.

>>Thermal power Engineering.

>>Mechanical System Design and Dynamics.
6th August 2015, 07:15 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have expressed the wish to join either MBA or M.Tech. As both of these courses are equally rated and equally important. We neither under-estimate any of these course nor exaggerate any of these course.

# I would like to recommend for pursuing MBA after B.E. in Mechanical discipline. The details regarding MBA is briefly given below.

# MBA stands for Master in Business Administration.

# MBA is two years master degree course. Candidate can opt any of specialization as per their interest, potential and career prospect.

# Minimum required educational qualification in order to get admission in MBA, the candidate must have any bachelor degree with good percentage marks.

# It is mandatory that candidate must have appeared and score well in any of following examinations:

* Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
* Combined Management Admission Test (CMAT)

# In many cases few universities have their own admission examination and selection process.

# Most of the universities also offer the opportunity of pursing MBA degree through distance/correspondence mode such as IGNOU, SMU, DU etc.

# Names of top MBA colleges/institutes:

* Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
* Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
* Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
* Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
* Indian Institute of Management, Mumbai
* Indian Institute of Management, Indore
* Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
* Department of Management Studies, IIT, Delhi
* Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
* Shailash J Mehta School of Management, IIT, Bombay
* Department of Management Studies, IIT, Chennai
* XLRI -Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
* Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
* S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
* National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
* Indian Institute of Management
6th August 2015, 08:30 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

In Mechanical Engineering , There are numbers of Industries hire a B.E(Mechanical) students.So , You may have great job opportunities.If you have good knowledge , then job is waiting for you.

Career Scope
You have job opportunities in private as well as government sectors.You can get jobs in Machine Designing , Production , Machine Development , Manufacturing , Service Industries.
You can also apply for Competitive exams such as DRDO , ISRO , BHEL , NTPC , Coal India , Defence Services , Bank , Railway & hired in such a well reputed company by cracking the examination with good score.

Top Recruiters
Essar , Reliance , L & T , Tata Motors , Mahindra & Mahindra , SAIL , Leyland , Ford , Honda etc

Higher Study In M.tech OR MBA
You can also continue your study in M.tech OR MBA & seek for high salary package.

M.Tech In Mechanical engineering
For M.Tech Admission , You will have to clear GATE/State level Entrance Exam with good score.You can do your M.Tech in any specialization such as Mechatronics , Acoustic , Nanotechnology , Biomechanics , Thermodynamics , Structural Analysis , Design & Drafting etc.You can also work as a Professor in teaching field after M.Tech.

MBA
For MBA Admission , You will have to clear CAT/MAT/XAT/State Level Entrance Exam & can do MBA in specialization such as Finance , Operational , HR etc.You may have chance to get Management post by doing MBA after engineering.
6th August 2015, 08:47 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes, to apply for MBA or M.tech the bachelor degree in engineering is sufficient. it is valid as a graduation degree and to apply for the master in technology you have to qualify the GATE (Graduate aptitude test for engineering) and if you want to get the admission in master of business applications then have to pass the CAT entrance test (common entrance test) for MBA admission in any reputed institute and it is the toughest one exam.

>> Only the basic difference is that after the MBA program you have the both options to apply for the management or technical department of a company while after master in engineering you will be a professional in your field and can join a multi national company as chief engineer in any department or as a project manager in the company.
6th August 2015, 10:50 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BE is a graduation degree which you have & this is sufficient for Good job with High salary but if you are interested to go for M.Tech then it will also increase your salary .

M.Tech is a post graduation course which is course duration of 2 years having 4 semesters, & at last you have to prepare a Thesis under a professor on which you are doing your m.tech i.e on Specialization subject.

The salary & jobs are depend upon you if you are talented & you hard worker then no doubt you will get a good job with a high salary.
6th August 2015, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdheeraj@2015 View Post
I have completed my BE in mechanical then is sufficient or go for mtech or MBA or from both of them which courses give me lucrative package and which branch should. I have to do my PG
After completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering, you can do M.Tech course but you must have GATE score.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

You can do also MBA degree but you must have valid CAT score.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.
7th August 2015, 12:18 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you have to do post graduate course then master of technology course will be the best for you as you are an engineering candidate. For getting admission in master of technology, you need to qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT.

After getting good rank in this exam you can do master of technology from top engineering college of India. You may also get a chance of Jo opportunity if you have good rank in Public Sector Undertaking with handsome pay and perks.

There are so many streams like machine design, automotive engineering, mechatronics etc. You can choose any one of them
15th August 2015, 11:19 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

Yes, BE is a graduation degree which you have & this is sufficient for Good job with High salary but if you are interested to go for M.Tech then it will also increase your salary .

M.Tech is a post graduation course which is course duration of 2 years having 4 semesters, & at last you have to prepare a Thesis under a professor on which you are doing your m.tech i.e on Specialization subject.

The salary & jobs are depend upon you if you are talented & you hard worker then no doubt you will get a good job with a high salary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?