4th August 2015, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required for IPS if I have done my intermediate?

i have done my intermediate now im planning for ips but i dont no what qualifactaion required for ips

4th August 2015, 03:35 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification required for IPS if I have done my intermediate?

IPS :- Indian Police Service .
* This is the one of the essential and
very complicated , most wanted position.
* Police protecting people from brutal incidents and many flaws did my cunning fellows .

Eligibility Criteria :-
-> successful completion of graduation
from well reputated recognised university
-> Have to appear in UPSC exam.
UPSC:- Union Public Service Commission -> Intially there will be
a) written test :-
This is composed of :-
a) Quantitative aptitude
b) Current affairs
c) Basic English grammer ..
After qualifying in this you are permitted
to participate in physical test
* It is the most complicated and fate deciding test . Be careful ..

-> After the successful completion of both tests.
-> personal interview will be there
* There the higher officials in the department tests you in various ways .
* This is the procedure to become an responsible IPS.
4th August 2015, 04:38 PM
rrooxx

Default Re: What is the qualification required for IPS if I have done my intermediate?

**Educational Qualification==>

-You must possess a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

-Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

**Age limit==>

-You must have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.

-The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The upper age limit is also relaxed in favour of Defense Services Personnel.

**Attempts--->
>General Category-4 times
>OBC-7 times
>SC/ST-Unlimited times.
4th August 2015, 05:03 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service which is a executive Post , The candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam for this post , This exam is conducted through UPSC every year , There are some eligibility criteria for this exam which are as follows :

The candidates should be a Citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize University.
The final years students can also apply for this exam.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years, There is a age relaxation for this exam.

For more details visit website of upsc.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2015, 07:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for the Indian Police Service and the to become an IPS officer you need to qualify in the UPSC Civil Services Examination.

No, you are not eligible to appear for the examination at this qualification. You have to wait till the graduation to appear for the examination.

The eligibility to appear for the Civil Services Examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the graduation in any discipline from the recognised university.

* Candidates age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates.

The examination is among the toughest to qualify as there are very few vacancy every year. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all these stages for the final selection.
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

To get the information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2015, 07:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done my intermediate now im planning for ips but i dont no what qualifactaion required for ips
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
4th August 2015, 09:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for the Indian Police Services. It comes under the Civil Services of Indian Government. Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance exam for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc called Civil Services examination.

This is one of the toughest entrance examination of the Indian government. The eligibility criteria for the Civil Services exam:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit for the Civil Services exam for general category candidate is 21-32 years and upper age relaxed for the candidates of reserved category.

So, its good that you have taken an early initiative that you want to become IPS officer. Start your preparation right from first year of bachelor's degree. Starting reading NCERT books for getting fundamentals clear of subjects like Civics, Economics, Geography and History.

Work on general awarness, read daily newspapers as it will develop a habit of reading, you will become familiar with new words. You can prefer The Hindu.

This exam has three stages:

>>Preliminary exam.

>>Mains examination.

>>Interview.

You can visit the official website of UPSC for any more information www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2015, 10:51 AM
NAVEEN GOWTHAM
Junior Member+

UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exams,you have to clear it to become an IPS Officer.

Minimum Educational qualification to apply to UPSC Civil Services Exams is Graduation in
any discipline from a UGC recognised University.

So,you should complete your graduation first.You can start preparations from now
onwards to clear it in first attempt.

Age Limit is 21-30yrs for general category ,OBC 21-33yrs,SC/ST 21-35yrs.

The no. of attempts are 4 times for general category,OBC 7 times and SC/ST Unlimited times.

UPSC Civil Services Exams consits of :
1.Prelims/CSAT-consists of Paper 1 & Paper 2 each of 200 marks i.e.Total 400 marks
2.Mains Exam-select any 2 optional subjects at this stage.
3.Interviews-is the test of pesonality of the candidates.

-Clear the UPSC Prelims /CSAT now to become eligible for Mains Exam.

-Appear in Mains Exams and clear it,to get an interview call.

-Clear the interviews & secure a good rank to become an IPS Officer.

For more information visit www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2015, 11:21 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

**Educational Qualification==>

-You must possess a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

-Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

**Age limit==>

-You must have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.

-The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?