29th September 2017, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Minimum criteria required to apply for B.Ed course? Do I need to complete Ph.D or equivalent to apply for B.Ed?

If a candidate is having PhD and Equivalent qualification from abroad has to do B.Ed. or there is an exemption? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria followed? It will be helpful if you can get back to me soon. Thank you!

29th September 2017, 08:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum criteria required to apply for B.Ed course? Do I need to complete Ph.D or equivalent to apply for B.Ed?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor in Education and it is two year ( four semester course ). The course deals with study of method of teaching.The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, there is no need to have PH.D or equivalent certificate to appear in entrance examination to get admission in the course.
29th September 2017, 08:37 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Minimum criteria required to apply for B.Ed course? Do I need to complete Ph.D or equivalent to apply for B.Ed?

Bachelor of Education is compulsory for candidates to become teacher in government schools at secondary and senior secondary level. There is no exemption for any candidate no matter whatever your academic qualification is.

You will have to pursue B.Ed if you want to become teacher. The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education course is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum of 50% marks required for B.Ed course.
29th September 2017, 08:44 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for bachelor of education 2 years course is that a candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognised University with minimum 50% of marks. One who has completed graduation can appear for the entrance exam in order to get admission in B.Ed course. B.Ed course is not equivalent to PHD course because B.Ed is a educational course where as PhD is a professional course which can be pursued after masters degree course.
29th September 2017, 10:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to pursue B.Ed must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University. Graduation is the minimum qualification which is required to join B.Ed course and this course is of 2 years where as to pursue PhD candidate must have completed Masters course from a recognised University. PhD and B.Ed courses are two separate courses which are not equivalent to each other.
29th September 2017, 10:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Doctor of Philosophy is not considered as equivalent to Bachelor of Education.

Even if you have done Phd then also, you will have to pursue Bachelor of Education for becoming teacher.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Ed course is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for B.Ed course is 50%.

SC/ST candidates need to have minimum of 45% marks to apply for B.Ed course.
29th September 2017, 11:08 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a candidate is having PhD and Equivalent qualification from abroad has to do B.Ed. or there is an exemption? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria followed? It will be helpful if you can get back to me soon. Thank you!

Minimum Eligibility Criteria for B.ED (Bachelors of Education) Course:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for B.ED course is Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Science from government recognized institute.

>> For B.ED course applicant must have scored at least 55% marks in bachelors degree, Relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidates.

>> For B.ED course you must have to appear in entrance exam is conducted by various state governments as well as independent universities and entrance exam is mainly conducted in month of June-July. Written exam is mainly based on subjects like English, Aptitude, General knowledge, Basic arithmetic teaching.

>> Duration of bachelors of education course is 2 years.
29th September 2017, 11:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education and it is one of the most important and benefical course for candidate who want to get recruitment as teacher in schools.

The required minimum qualification to get admission in course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50%.

Yes, Ph.d or other equivalent course is not going to be beneficial course wherever required qualifcation is B.Ed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?