22nd December 2016, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D with 54.50 percentage marks in M.Com?

Hi, It's nayan here. I just want to ask what is the minimum marks required to get qualified for appearing Ph.D. I got 54.50% marks in M.Com (1 and 2) so i can apply for Ph.D or not please revert me? Can you please provide me the details soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for M.Com? Percentage required, admission fees and subjects available?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  4. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  5. Can I go for doing Ph.D after M.Com? Is it good to do or not?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university? How will be the entrance exam?
  7. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  11. Procedure of becoming CA after M.Com?
  12. How much percentage of marks is required in M.Com to do M.Phil?
  13. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Steps to do PhD after M.Com? Subjects available in PhD entrance exam?
  15. Can I do B.Ed after graduation and PG in food science?
  16. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  17. Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?
  18. List of universities where I can apply for Ph.D in English if I scored less than 50% marks in MA?
23rd December 2016, 05:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D with 54.50 percentage marks in M.Com?

The minimum percentage required to appear in PHD entrance exam or after qualifying your masters degree is minimum 55% marks where as 5% relaxation is given to SC, ST, disabled persons. There are some universities which offer admission to those students who have scored less than 55% marks also so you have to contact those universities.
23rd December 2016, 09:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D with 54.50 percentage marks in M.Com?

No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.
Since you have scored only 54.50% of marks in M.Com which is below the cut off level, so you cannot apply for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
23rd December 2016, 11:40 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, It's nayan here. I just want to ask what is the minimum marks required to get qualified for appearing Ph.D. I got 54.50% marks in M.Com (1 and 2) so i can apply for Ph.D or not please revert me? Can you please provide me the details soon. Thanks!
Sorry, to say that you are not eligible for PhD with 54.50 percentage of marks. In order to secure admission, the candidates need to complete their Master degree with at least 55% of marks from a recognized university. The candidate who has completed equivalent course can apply for the PhD course.
24th December 2016, 09:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.Com degree with 54.50% marks from a recognized University so you are not eligible for Ph.D course as per marks criteria.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?