27th August 2017, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Minimum marks required in 12th to apply for NDA?

Sir/Mam, I have got 294 marks in 12th. Am I eligible to apply for NDA? Can you please provide me the details on this? What are the minimum criteria followed? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on this as soon as possible. Thank you!

28th August 2017, 09:40 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required in 12th to apply for NDA?

NDA ( National Defence Academy ) and UPSC conducts entrance examination for recruitment in defence services.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Only male candidates are eligible.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy 12th with PCM is mandatory. So, if you have passed 12th you are eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 10:33 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum criteria followed for National Defence Academy entrance exams:

1. You must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board. You should have studied Mathematics and Physics for Air Force and navy.

2. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

If you have passed in all subjects of 10+2 then you can apply for NDA I of 2018. Notification is yet to be released.
28th August 2017, 02:08 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for applying NDA exam.

NDA (National Defense Academy) is an entrance exam conducted twice every year for getting into Indian army, navy and Air Force.

There is no minimum percentage requirements for applying NDA exam. The eligibility requirements is the candidate should have done their 12th class from any recognized university.
28th August 2017, 08:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and same is an academy meant for providing education and training to those who managed to qualify NDA entrance examination with an ambition to become a defense commissioned officer.

Further to join NDA one needs to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by by UPSC twice every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th or going to appear in the Class 12th board examination in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement norm for sure.

Now as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks requirement in Class 12th to appear in NDA entrance examination then there is no such requirement unless you have not qualified your Class 12th and hence even by managing 294 marks i.e; nearly 59% marks in your Class 12th you are eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination on the educational requirement ground.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 10:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA exam is that candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing for board exams. As mentioned in notification of UPSC, you should have at least passing percentage of marks to apply for this exam.

The age criteria for candidates is 16.5-19.5 years. You should be unmarried male Indian citizen to apply for this exam. The examination of NDA consists of Written test and Service Selection Board.
28th August 2017, 11:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice in a year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

iv) You must satisfy the certain fitness requirement norms which is notified in the notification released for the same examination.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with 294 marks then as per the above mentioned criteria you are eligible to appear in NDA entrance examination ( on the educational requirement ground ) as there is no requirement of minimum marks in Class 12th to appear in the same examination.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 11:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA ( National Defence Academy ) and examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services ( Army, Navy and Air Force).

The required eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing from a recognised board. The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years.

There is no minimum required aggregate in 12th board examination. But, only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you have passed 12th you are eligible to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as :

Written.

SSB.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 01:01 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No,minimum required aggregate in 12th board examination to appear in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th.

Army - any stream from a recognised board.

Air Force or Navy - with PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. But, you have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 10:13 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to apply for NDA exam-

A candidate must be an Indian citizen.

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects.

A candidate must have minimum 16.5 years of age and maximum 19.5 years.

A candidate must be an unmarried male.
3rd May 2019, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam, I have got 286 marks in 12th. Am I eligible to apply for NDA? Can you please provide me the details on this? What are the minimum criteria followed? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on this as soon as possible. Thank you!
29th June 2019, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I have 59 marks in physics then i will select in NDA exam
9th August 2019, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I am failed in chemistry , but overall I have 67prcnt. Am i eligible for ssbe
26th March 2020, 10:49 AM
Sudhakar@143

Sir I have scrored in Twelth Maths with 94 marks out of 200 can I apply NDA Exam
29th March 2020, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir 35% Mark for 12th I'm join NDA
8th July 2020, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I was completed my 12th class with PCM and i got only 52.6 %. So could I eligible for NDA exam??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?