21st October 2015, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification required to be a Primary Government Teacher

I have completed my intermediate and discontinued in B.COM from B.R.Ambedkar Open University.I have completed the PPTC course .I would like to know,what is the minimum qualification to be the govt primary teacher.Otherwise any other govt job on my qualification.

21st October 2015, 05:52 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Minimum qualification required to be a Primary Government Teacher

The qualification required for the being a primary government teacher is 10+2 passed with at least 50% marks in it. After that you can apply for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by the CBSE for candidates who want to become teacher in primary government schools.

You can also apply for the Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant Exam conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs and Combined Higher Secondary Level exam conducted by SSC. 10+2 in any stream is required for these examinations.

21st October 2015, 06:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my intermediate and discontinued in B.COM from B.R.Ambedkar Open University.I have completed the PPTC course .I would like to know,what is the minimum qualification to be the govt primary teacher.Otherwise any other govt job on my qualification.
If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with above 50% marks then you are eligible for Primary School teacher exam.

Only Indian citizenship candidate are eligible for this exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 40 ye

21st October 2015, 08:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a government school teacher one needs to clear Teacher Eligibility Test. Basically TET are of two types out of which one is held by Central Government known as CTET and other is held by State Government named as state TET.

For becoming a teacher of primary schools upto Class V you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree ( or a degree equivalent to same ) or must be in the final year of same from a recognized board of education along with two years diploma in education degree ( or any other degree equivalent to same ) from a recognized institute. Also you need to secure a minimum of 50% aggregate in both the degrees.

* There is no age limit for appearing in the same examination.

Since you have completed your intermediate studies and have PPTC degree which is equivalent to Diploma in Education degree course so you are definitely eligible for the same examination.

For more information about different TET you can log on to their respective official links.

21st October 2015, 08:22 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To be a Primary Government Teacher, you must be TET qualified i.e. Teacher Eligibility Test Exam.

TET Exam is conducted at Central Level as well as at State Level.

CTET Exam or Central TET is conducted by CBSE every year.

You must satisfy at least one condition mentioned below to be eligible for CTET Exam.

>> You must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Education.

>> You must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 4 year Bachelor course of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).

>> You have passed Graduation or are in the final year of your 2 year diploma course.

Some of the books that you may refer for CTET Exam preparation are:

CTET Kendriya Shikshak Patrata Pariksha: Success Master Samajik Adhyan Shikshak ke liye Hal Prashan-Patra Ke Sath Paper - 2 (Class 6 - 8) (Hindi) (Paperback)
Author: Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2015)
Price: Rs. 277

CTET Class - 1 to 5 (Paper - 1)
Author: Anil Teotia, R.P. Singh
Publisher: Unique Publisher (2015)
Price: Rs. 218

CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Practice Workbook Social Studies Social Science Paper - 2 (Class 6 - 8 Teacher) (Paperback)
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2015)
Price: Rs. 111

21st October 2015, 08:34 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

CTET is the Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by CBSE.Exam is conducted to appoint teachers for class I to V and class VI to VIII.
- Paper I : For class I to V
- Paper II : For class VI to VIII

Eligibility
- You must have completed 12th with atleast 50% from recognized board.You must have passed or appearing 2 year diploma in elementary education/4 year bachelor in elementary education.
- You must have passed B.A/B.sc/B.com and passed or appearing 1 year B.Ed.

Syllabus
- Child Development & Pedagology
- Language I
- Language II
- Specific Subjects such as Maths , Science & Environment Studies etc.

Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.ctet.nic.in
- Click "Apply Online"
- Fill the detail online
- Upload the scanned Photo & Signature
- Make a payment fee
- Submit the application

Important Dates for CTET
- Start Online Application : 30/07/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 19/08/2015
- CTET Exam : 20/09/2015

22nd October 2015, 11:55 AM
Roja kaki

A candidate must have some qualities to teach in primary school. which are listed below.
->It is Essential that one must complete first degree is Bachelor of Education(Bed) or Bsc/BA with Qualified Teacher Status(QTS), or Teaching Qualification(TQ), In order to teach in some primary school.
below are steps we can QTS/TQ
->PGCE (Post graduate certificate in education) it is available in many collages.
->School Direct- School based training will go on and work in school gives training and experience.
Above one is enough to teach in primary school.
->primary teacher is open to graduates in all subjects ,but a degree in curriculum subjects ares Eg: maths ,Science ,Social.

22nd October 2015, 12:31 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become primary teacher in Government schools, candidates need to qualify TET.
TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test.
Both state and central government conducts TET to recruit at the post of teacher in primary as well as in secondary and higher secondary.
Eligibility to appear in TET for primary teacher are
-Candidate must have passed higher secondary examination or 12th or equivalent from a recognized board .
-Candidate must have Diploma degree in teacher education course or have completed B.Ed from a recognized university .

For teacher at secondary level i,e for 6 to 8th standard, B.Ed degree is compulsory.

23rd October 2015, 12:19 PM
H Rimmy

Minimum Qualification Required for Govt. teacher:- You have to apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test which is conducted by CBSE for various Central Govt. Schools.

To apply for CTET you should have to do B.ED course which is 2 years duration period, without B.ED you cant apply for CTET.

For getting admission in B.ED course you must have graduation with 50% marks.There is also an entrance exam for getting admission in B.ED course.

30th March 2017, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I have post graduate degree in English. l want to know that I may be the primary teacher in private school or need more degree to fulfill this job

24th May 2017, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bcom what type of teacher post available for me in government school after completing related course

25th May 2017, 12:21 PM
help100%

Quote:
I have completed my bcom what type of teacher post available for me in government school after completing related course
Look with this degree you are eligible for only primary school teaching at certain state govt schools varying from state to state. So, better pursue B.Ed or Post Graduation with B.Ed, so that your opportunity to apply in various schools gets widened.

Now if you have the above degree then you need to apply for CTET and TET and qualify in that exam and accordingly you will get teaching schools and location.

Hope the above mentioned information helped you, for further query please do let us know.

20th June 2017, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I do have diploma (polytechnic) after 10 now I did 12 and pursuing graduation from ignou in English hons If I will do B.E.D from regular college. Am I eligible for teaching in Primary school.Please reply me Thank you for your advice in advance.

19th July 2017, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my post graduation degree in maths.i want to know That I m eligible for primary teacher or not???

17th August 2017, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

My 10th marks is 52 percent and 2 mark is 43 percent and 3 mark is 49.92 percent so i can apply any primary teacher post or not .

14th September 2017, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation(B.A) ,ECC.ED, Diploma in school Counseling Diploma in computers . Completed 10 years working as primary and pre primary teacher.
At present working as a preprimary teacher. can i do D.ed or appear for TET or CTET exams.

15th September 2017, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I am working as primary assistant teacher . My date of appointment as PAT is April 2006 . Working under himachal Pradesh elementary education department in govt school. In service i have completed my diploma in elementary education (2 years ) in july 2016 from nios. I have B.Com . Degree. I haven't 50% marks in 10 2 . Please tell me , Is it necessary to me to improve my 10 2 pass percentage.

8th December 2017, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am graduate in Sanskrit honors with 53%. And I have Montessori teachers training certificate. Now can I give TET exam for primary school level.

10th December 2017, 07:59 AM
rajnikant1993

Dear Friend,

In order to become a primary teacher you must have following qualifications-

1- Passed 12th class with minimum 50% marks.

2- Passed graduation .

3- Passed B.Ed examination of two years.

After all the above educational criteria you must clear a teacher elligibility test
known as TET.

After passing TET whenever vaccancy arrives you must apply for it and if you are
in merit list as alloted by govt. you must become a primary teacher.

Thank You.

3rd January 2018, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I haveBSc degree and DELED but don't have 50%marks in HS( 2). Am I able to apply for Primary TET (Tet -1)?

21st July 2018, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in B. A. If i do post graduate diploma in pre primary teacher training course. After that can i eligible to give any government exam which help me to make teacher of government school.

8th February 2019, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed 12th 43% and CTET qualified and I am ex-Man from Indian Army , Can I apply for government teacher?

5th March 2019, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I have dine master in commerce,B.ed with 7-8 years of experience in teaching. Now I want to apply for lower primary deficit post in the same school. Do I qualified for the same ??

14th March 2019, 08:58 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

The minimum qualification for become a teacher is as following.
1. Candidate must have 10+2 qualification.
and graduation with atleast 50% marks from any recognised university or institution of India.
2. Candidate must have BACHELOR OF EDUCATION(B.Ed) OR BTC degree.
After that you have to appear in TET and CTET exam which is conducted by State Government and Central Government of India respectively.
Exam pattern is as following
1.Child development
2.Language Ist
3.Language IInd
4.Mathematics.

20th October 2019, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a Hindi diploma (Dled) student can I apply the Up school teacher.I have passed the ktet 4 th category.

20th December 2019, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I am complite my h.s with 65% marks can i apply the primary teacher of school

9th January 2020, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Qualifications required for appointment as a primary school teacher in English medium

27th January 2020, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

I passed ACE modules for foundation phase at TUT I'm struggling to find a n on line application form for TUT graduation

20th September 2020, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

BA degree students can apply for KTET examination

13th December 2021, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I have completed by 2nd year BSc in CBZ.. Final year I didn't continued.can I be applicable for primary school teacher in government school by attaining CTET

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?