25th June 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

my OBC AIR is 8000. Which nit can i get? can i get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get NIT Trichy with CS after scoring 8918 AIR? -- [New]
  2. List of top NITs in India? Can I get admission in M.Tech in top NITs after scoring 538 GATE score and AIR of 3633? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get any IITs or NITs after scoring 305 in GATE with 53% in Electrical and Electronics engineering?
  4. Which NITs would I get after scoring 93000 AIR and state rank of 15000? Which are the top private institutes?
  5. What is better between NITS, JECRC and SKIT?
  6. How to prepare to get into top 5 NITs? Cutoff marks to get admission in top 5 NITs?
  7. Can i get any NITs after scoring 46233 AIR? I belong to OBC category
  8. Any chance to be selected in IIT and NIT after scoring 45/100
  9. How can I get admission in NIT Kurukshetra after scoring state rank of 11261 and category rank of 8000
  10. Which institutes offer quotas for Nepal students in India? Do IITs offer admission?
  11. Can I get any NIT after scoring AIR of 4 lakhs?
  12. Which NIT can I get after scoring 150 marks in AIEEE? Can I get into top NITs or good government colleges? am from OBC category
  13. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT after scoring 54.79% aggregate in B.E Electrical
  14. Is there any counseling to attend for GATE to get selected in M.Tech?
  15. Can I get government colleges after scoring AIR of 93,000 and state rank of 15000? NIT's in which I can get? List of top private colleges which I can get?
  16. Can I pursue M.Tech in NITÂ’S after scoring 202 in GATE? I am presently working in a company
  17. Am I eligible to get any NIT after scoring 95.35 percentile, 41 marks, 430 score, 7239 AIR
  18. Cut off marks for NIT colleges in electronics and electrical branch?
26th June 2011, 12:06 AM
RAJENDRA KUMAR SINGH
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

Your Rank is good.Taking Into Account the cutoff list 2010 of various NIT.You could try for ollowing NITs for ECE & EEE-
NIT Calicut
NIT Durgapur
NIT Hamirpur
NIT Jamshedpur
NIT Rourkela
Sardar Vallabhai Patel NIT

ALL THE BEST.
26th June 2011, 02:16 AM
amitranjan.nitt

Default Re: Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

Yes you can get elctrical in top NITs like nit trichy, nit warangal ,nit suratkhal,mlnr...
but it will be approximaely impossible to get electronics in top NITs.

BEST OF LUCK...
26th June 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

my all india aieee overall rank is 74766 and all india category rank is 53163 could i get better college and suggest me some???
26th June 2011, 02:58 PM
Sidsahay

well, it is difficult to get electronics in a good nit but u can definitely try for branches lyk industrial or textile or metallurgy in some decent nits lyk silchar,srinagar or jalandhar....
26th June 2011, 06:41 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

dear friend:-
your aieee rank is very good. and it is enough to get admission in nit
since you are a obc candidate then it is very good. because there is a obc quota ,
and about your branch you will surly get any one seat in electrical or electronics. because for an obc student it mainly takes rank upto 50,000

good luck
26th June 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

no. try for diploma courses...
26th June 2011, 07:21 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

With this category rank it is very difficult to get such a good branch in top NITs.
I would suggest you to take admission in a good NIT in any branch which is
presently available at your rank.

There is a provision of changing branch after the completion of 1st academic year
of your B.Tech.

There use to be some eligibility criteria and some rule regulation for that but at least
top 1% students get their branch changed according to their grades in 1st year and
their choice.

If you work hard to achieve your goal you will finally have a good college with a branch
of your choice after the completion of 1st year.
26th June 2011, 09:10 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hello,
After scoring 8000 AIR you might not get good NITs but as you have mentioned that you are belonging to OBC categories then there might some chance to get into the NIT Durgapur, WB.
So, you can choose the option for the NIT durgapur.
Good luck!!!
26th June 2011, 09:34 PM
nikhilpatidar

First of congrate for your sucess in AIEEE .
You get admission in NIT according to your choice filling.
You also get admision in electrical or electronics in top NITs.
You must remember during choice filling first fill elctrical branch colleges then fill other branches.
26th June 2011, 11:21 PM
322raj

Arrow Re: Which NIT can I get after scoring 8000 AIR? Can I get electrical or electronics in top NITs?

hi friend,

you got a high rank, i am sorry but there are very less chance to get good branch. but if you want to other branch then you may be get good college.

there are a chance to change you branch in 2nd year but it is very risky. If you are ready to take this risk then go for councelling .

these risk are:-
no any backlog
min 60% marks in 1st year
student should be greater than 40 in number which branch you leave out of 60 student
and some other rules like as empty seats etc

if you want, you may try in uptu at AIEEE reserved seats.(10%).

for more information contact us on my e-mail id [email protected]

best of luck
27th June 2011, 11:10 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my OBC AIR is 8000. Which nit can i get? can i get electrical or electronics in top NITs?
I am surprised to say that you hold a very good chance of getting into an NIT.

I have checked the opening and closing ranks in different NITs and there is a chance you can get admitted to your dream NIT and branch.

You can check the same at the below AIEEE link:
http://ccb.nic.in/ccb2009/aieeecouns09/orcr/SelectStream.aspx

Try in last rounds also as I have seen in the best NIT that is NIT Warangal students are getting admission in the last rounds with ranks around 9000.
27th June 2011, 10:32 PM
kartavya99

Quote:
yes you can get nit with this rank.
27th June 2011, 11:10 PM
ayush30

Yes you can definitely get top nit's since you are
obc.for more details of opening & closing rank in
the last 2 years , you can visit www.ccb.nic.in
28th June 2011, 02:54 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi
to get admission in nit in electrical or electronic is very difficult
so you take admission in nit in any branch which is available at your
rank .

good luck............
30th June 2011, 11:56 AM
siddharthkathuria

Quote:
my all india aieee overall rank is 74766 and all india category rank is 53163 could i get better college and suggest me some???

from your ranks...i conclude that you are definitely from general category....and at this rank...you will not get into any nit....you can however try for jaypee guna or manav rachna faridabad,...they are good colleges...
1st July 2011, 06:34 PM
fazlu
Member+

as your concerned marks is not eligible for this level.you can try once time exam again.
you can go for this exam once again after that you can go for this exam.
1st July 2011, 06:46 PM
fazlu
Member+

as your concerned marks is not eligible for this level.you can try once time exam again.
you can go for this exam once again after that you can go for this exam.
26th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

which college i get my gate2012 (cs) score 193 marks 23 rank 56455 and i am belongs to ST category please suggest me
11th June 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

i live in west bengal. mystate rank in general category is 9000. can i get admission in nit durgapur (west bengal)
25th April 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i'm getting around 210 in jee mains 2013, and also above 90% in my boards(karnataka)..will i get mechanical in any good nit?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?