28th October 2010, 09:40 PM
vishal verma

Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

i heard cs and iT haveing 2 books different but cs gets more salary than it is it true

14th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

dear friend,
My friend, both the streams are good..
The syllabus covered by both the courses are very similar..
If you want to go for a software sector in future then you can opt. for any of them..

You can say computer science as a core field of software sector..
If you want to become a software developer then you can go for computer science stream..
if you want to get a job in data encryption , information security , information technology infrastructure then you can go for IT stream..
But now a days students of both the streams are working in the same field..
So, you can go for any of them.
All the best.
15th September 2011, 04:23 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal verma View Post
i heard cs and iT haveing 2 books different but cs gets more salary than it is it true

Computer Science or Information Technology

Though IT is also a very good branch but yes,what you are asking is true as whatever you study in IT is already a part of the CS course..so if you take CS then you cover both IT as well as CS

CS is a much wider branch than IT and covers a lot of topics together..hence finds much more scope than IT even if job opportunities or further scope is also concerned..

IT industry was a huge success during the past 5 years but now the scope for IT industry has drastically gone down and it seems that the people coming up with IT engineering are roaming jobless or finding it very hard to find one..whereas CS students are quite at ease in these issues..

Moreover,in the preference list of students..Computer Science Engineering is ranked above Information Technology Engineering..

Well..this is just a personal opinion..rest is up to you to decide..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
15th September 2011, 06:14 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

Dear friend,
Both the streams are quite similar.
The syllabus for both the two streams are more or less same.
Even after completion of study the students from both the stream are placed in the same sector.
Basically Computer science is the core field of software.
If you want to become a software developer then you can go for computer science.
if you want to get job in information security or information technology then go for IT.
All the best.
27th June 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I am an IT engineer and my experience with IT is very good because of it's comprehensive nature in technical,management as well as corporate sector. students in IT can get jobs in different fields including banking sector as well as defense. so in my opinion stream of IT in reputed college should be preferable
15th January 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i done BS(it)... now i feel bit confusing in MS(cs) and Ms(IT) what i will chose for my further master studies for the current situation of computer world... i am also not good in programming...
15th January 2013, 10:30 PM
denwer1

dear friend,
My friend, both the streams are good..
The syllabus covered by both the courses are very similar..
If you want to go for a software sector in future then you can opt. for any of them..

You can say computer science as a core field of software sector..
If you want to become a software developer then you can go for computer science stream..
if you want to get a job in data encryption , information security , information technology infrastructure then you can go for IT stream..
But now a days students of both the streams are working in the same field..
So, you can go for any of them.
All the best.
15th January 2013, 11:19 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal verma View Post
Hi

Yes I would agree on this fact that CSE is much more better than the IT Stream. As you may be knowing that both these Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology are Engineering courses of 4 years duration. So the duration is same in both.

But the main difference lies in the fact that CSE deals with both the hardware and software level programming but the IT deals with only Software level programming. With this I mean to say that CSE is a much vast in terms of studies, subjects, detailed analysis, and other programming languages as well whereas the IT deals with software testing, programming languages, networking, etc and other internal circuitry related studies.

So I personally feel that IT is a sub branch of the CSE. This is being said in terms of scope as well. No doubt that IT is the boom in the sector but since all the CSE Engineers are already knowing IT, so they are like a complete package to offer for any particular company. I am attaching a file which has a detailed comparison between the two streams. Please download and look through for more info.

All the best
Regards
RANJEET
Attached Files
File Type: doc Difference between IT and CSE.doc(30.0 KB, 657 views)
20th January 2013, 05:28 PM
Anuradha M.S

Smile Re: Which one has a better scope, Computer Science or Information Technology?

Hi,
CS is better option than IT because IT forms a part of CS.So even as knowledge wise you can opt for CS.Even during placements CS guys will have much preferences than IT's so my suggestion is to take CS only.You will also have more job opportunities in CS rather than IT.
All the Best
30th June 2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

what is IT
16th August 2013, 12:02 AM
Anuradha M.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is IT
Hi,
IT basically means Information technology...it is one of the branches of engineering ...it is otherways called as IS which is Information science...this branch is almost same as computer science....after completing engineering in any of these branches you will be called as software..engineer...so that you can work in IT or softeare companies.
All the best
5th May 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I think both the stream are good.... The syllabus cover both quitly same... No dout cse is the main branch of these. But i want to say just one think u can known ur intrest what u can do or what u can do better? Both are too good for job purpose . So u can go ur intrest which field u can do too good. Thanks
9th August 2017, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

What are the higher study options in information science in engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?