16th February 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE in computer science and information technology?

I m electronics and telecomm graduate ,i want to do my m.tech in Computer Science.Am I eligible for gate 2013 in computer science and information technology.And will I get admission in master degree in CS?

17th February 2012, 02:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE in computer science and information technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m electronics and telecomm graduate ,i want to do my m.tech in Computer Science.Am I eligible for gate 2013 in computer science and information technology.And will I get admission in master degree in CS?
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board.

This examination is Conducted every year and to apply for this examination you have to fulfill these given Eligibility Criteria :

~~ You have to complete your 4 Year Graduate degree course in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture

OR

~~ You have completed your Master degree course in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for GATE Examination

But you have to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of your qualifying degree.

If you have completed your Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication then you have to choose this subject in GATE.

This examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of only objective questions.

~~ There will be negative marking for each wrong answer, except for the numerical answer type questions.

~~ Each GATE paper shall have a General Aptitude component carrying 15 marks.

You are free to choose any paper according to your admission plan, But once you Opt paper, you cant change it after Submission of Application form.

If you need more information about GATE Examination then please check official website :

http://gate.iitm.ac.in
17th February 2012, 04:03 PM
chandler8161

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE in computer science and information technology?

You have great future with global RMG. Think about long term career options before you like RMG Program Manager, Project manager, Director RMG, senior consultant and many other positions. Complete PMP and other TQM certification while working in Global RMG team.

Resource management is an important area of big companies. Get good exposure in important areas like technology risk, information security, outsourcing issues, operational risk, due diligence, business continuity etc. You can get knowedge and experience from assigned projects, case studies, certifications and short term courses. After 2-3 years of quality work experience, sky is the limit for you.
30th May 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY 10TH PERCENTAGE IS 83.5% AND 12TH PERCENTAGE IS 7O% I AM TALENTED IN C,C ,JAVA PROGRAMMING ,I AM JOIN IN B.TECH IT,I AM HOPE I AM CLEAR MY COLLEGE ABOVE85% WITHOUT HURRIER.PLEASE TELL I AM GET CAMPUS JOB IN TOP IT COMPANIES IN FUTURE ?
30th May 2012, 06:37 PM
Karthikraja8

sir my 10th percentage is 83.5% and 12th percentage is 70% .i am very much interested in programming.I am join to b.tech IT.please tell i am get job through campus in top IT companies?
2nd September 2012, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am bsc qualified student.am i able for get or not?
23rd March 2013, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, now i am in bca -2nd year , may i for eligible for GATE in computer science and information technology ?
7th January 2015, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I am currently SY B.Sc. IT student. Can I eligible for "GATE in Information Technology" exam after completing TY in B.Sc. IT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?