23rd April 2015, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Opportunities for Mechanical Engineer in Marine field? Duration of Marine course after Mechanical engineering?

I have completed my engg in mechanical trend bt i m interested in marine should i apply in marine??? Is der any opportunity in dat field to get admission for me??? And the course of marine how many year completed after engg??? If is der any course den plz tell mi d fees of d course nd duration nd placement???

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  2. What are the career opportunities in Marine engineer after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How can I become a marine engineer if I have sight problems? What are the alternative requirement as a marine engineer? I have 70% in B.Tech mechanical
  4. How to do marine engineer after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  5. Is Marine Engineering best course or not? Can I get Education Loan for it?
  6. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. What is the scope of marine engineering?
  8. Can I get loan to study B.E. Marine Engineering?
  9. Is it possible to enter Marine Engineering after completing B.E in Mechanical? Duration of the course and training centers providing the course?
  10. What are the courses in Marine after B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  12. What are the courses available in Marine engineering after B.E Mechanical Engineering? I have finished B.E Mechanical Engineering and want to join in marine engineering
  13. How may I join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering with 61% marks?
  14. How to pursue career in the field of marine engineering? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineeirng
  15. How to become a marine engineer after completing Mechanical Engineering? Age limit for working on ships?
  16. Courses and colleges for marine engineering after completing a B.E degree in mechanical? GME? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  18. How can I do PG in Marine engineering after completing Mechanical engineering? What's the admission procedure for the same? I'm in 4th year B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
15th January 2018, 11:39 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities for Mechanical Engineer in Marine field? Duration of Marine course after Mechanical engineering?

Yes, off course you may go for marine sector after completion of mechanical engineering. Mechanical Engineer has very good career scope in Marine sector. After completion of mechanical engineering, you simply have to apply for 'Graduate Marine Engineering'. Actually, GME is a one year course that opens the door of marine sector after mechanical engineering.
You have to meet some eligibility criteria to apply this marine course:
Your must have scored minimum 50% marks in Mechancial engineering.
Age should not be more than 28 years.
You must have 50% in English subject during 12th standard.

Here are some best institute where you can apply for GME course:

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavala, Maharashtra
Academy of Maritime Education & Training, Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?