6th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Out of line PCS exams, knowledge of subjects and recommended books? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?

I need out line of PCS exams, knowledge of subjects and recommended books for the same. Moreover i want to know about the eligibility criteria as well.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for PCS exam? Minimum qualifications required? I want to appear for PCS entrance exam -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Recommended books for PCS-J examination
  3. Can I appear for PCS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?
  4. Suggested books for UP PCS 215 exams
  5. Required Qualification with regard to percentage of marks to be eligible for PCS Exams?
  6. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  7. Eligibility for MP PCS entrance exam?
  8. How to prepare for PCS exam from Uttrakhand without taking Tutions? Books recommended for it?
  9. How can I appear for PCS Allide exams?
  10. Which books are to be referred for PCs exam?
  11. Eligibility criteria for girl candidate to apply for PCS exams
  12. Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration
  13. Eligibility criteria of UPSC exam in correspondence? How to self prepare for UPSC exam? Recommended books to be referred for UPSC exam? -- [New]
  14. Books and writers of Social Work and Public Administration for UP PCS exam
  15. Syllabus and procedure to apply for PCS examination?
  16. Which Art subjects are better for UP PCS exam?
  17. When can I appear for PCS exam if I am doing BCA 4th semester? Can a sub inspector of UP police sit for UP PCS exam? What is the reservation criteria?
  18. Which book gives proper guidance for preparation of PCS exam?
30th November 2017, 07:36 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Out of line PCS exams, knowledge of subjects and recommended books? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?

The basic PCS examination eligibility criteria of any state is that candidate should have done bachelor's degree. Generally, the age limit is 21-35 years with upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You need to have good knowledge of humanities subjects like History, Civics, Geography, Economics and knowledge of contemporary issues at national and international levels. Reading daily newspaper is essential for PCS exam.

Essential books include Polity by Laxmikant, History by Bipan Chandra, Economics by Ramesh Singh, Geography by Savinder Singh.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?