21st August 2013, 12:46 AM
raikamalika bhattacharjee

Is Ph.D in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.phil in PSW

my m.phil is in psychiatric social work & my m.sc is in applied clinical psychology.so, my question is if p.hd in clinical psychology possible after completion of m.phil in psw?if yes then what wiil be the time duration of p.hd.?

Related Questions:
  1. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  2. Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW
  3. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology? -- [New]
  4. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  5. Duration of Ph.D in Clinical Psychology program?
  6. What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%
  7. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  8. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  9. What is the syllabus for M.Phil in clinical psychology?
  10. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  11. Scope of PhD in clinical psychology in India: Salary wise and Job wise? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Applying for NIMHANS M.Phil clinical psychology course before completion of MA psychology?
  13. Date of entrance exam for M.Phil in Clinical psychology from IHBAS?
  14. Sample question papers of PhD Clinical Psychology of NIMHANSE
  15. Procedure to join Clinical Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Psychology? List of Institutes offering this course in Distance Learning? Career Options for me after completion of this course?
  16. Can I do M.Sc in Clinical Psychology after completion of B.Sc in Psychology?
  17. When will be the Entrance Exam to join M.Phil in Clinical Psychology after completion of MA in Psychology?
  18. Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?
13th August 2017, 10:34 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is Ph.D in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.phil in PSW

Yes. Few Institutes offer the Ph.D (Clinical Psychology) after M.Phill (PSW). It require at least 3 to 5 years to complete. Clinical Psychology is the discipline of psychology which mainly deals with the psychoanalytic approaches or child and adolescent treatment modalities. You can choose the specialization Health Psychology, Neuro Psychology and Gero Psychology within Clinical Psychology.

Top Institutes Offering Ph.D (Psychology)
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Kuvempu University
- Central University of Psychiatry
- SGT University
- Santosh University, Ghaziabad
- Ranchi Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Allied Sciences
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- SRM University
- Guru Nanak Dev University

Career After Ph.D (Psychology)
As a clinical psychologist, You can work in counseling centers, independent or group practices, hospitals, community health centers, NGOs, clinics and educational institutes etc. You can help mentally and emotionally disturbed clients adjust to life.

Job Roles
- Physician
- Social Worker
- Recreation Worker
- Market Research Analyst
- Labor Relations Manager
- Professor/Lecturer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?