8th August 2017, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Can a BA with Geography and MA in Education become a Geography teacher in government schools? What should I do for it? Entrance exams available for it?

I have completed BA with Geography and MA in Education. Can I become a Geography teacher in government schools? What should I do for it? Entrance exams available for it?

13th August 2017, 11:32 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a BA with Geography and MA in Education become a Geography teacher in government schools? What should I do for it? Entrance exams available for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BA with Geography and MA in Education. Can I become a Geography teacher in government schools? What should I do for it? Entrance exams available for it?
If you want to join as teacher in government school after M.ED(Master in Education) then you have to go through the teacher eligibility exam to become teacher and those exams are:-

1). PGT(Post graduate Teacher Eligibility Test):- In every state the PGT exam is conducted under NCTE(National Council for Teacher Education) to check eligibility for teaching of Indian nationals.

2). CTET(Central Teacher Eligibility Test):-To become teacher in schools of central government aspirant has to clear the CTET exam conducted by CBSE.

>> Applicant the CTET and PGT exam is conducted in two parts namely Paper I and Paper II. Paper I of candidate who want to become teacher from Class I to VIII and Paper II for those who want to become teacher from Class VIII to XII.

>> After clearing exam you can go for teaching profession in both public as well as private schools.

>> Candidate must have to score 60% marks to clear the exam.

Educational Qualification Required to Apply for Teacher Eligibility Exams:-

>> Minimum qualification required for CTET exam is graduation or equivalent qualification with 1 year bachelors of education course.

>> Minimum Qualification required to apply for PGT is post graduate degree in education.

Exam Pattern:-

Exam Pattern for CTET from class VI to VIII:-

1) Child development and pedagogy:- Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

2). Language(Hindi, You can select according to state local language):-Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

3). Language(English):- Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

4). Mathematics:- Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

5). Environmental studies:- consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

>> CTET exam consists of 150 questions and carries 150 marks.

Exam Pattern for PGT From class VIII to XII:-

1). Child development and Pedagogy:- Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

2). Language (Selective or Hindi):- Consists of 30 questions and carries 30 marks.

3). Language(English):- Consists of 30questions and carries 30 marks.

4). Social Studies/ Social Science/Geography/History etc:- Consists of 60 questions and carries 60 marks.

>> PGT written exam carries 150 marks and candidate have to score at least 60% marks to pass the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?