16th April 2018, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech(EEE) for Diploma ECE student?

I am studying Diploma in ECE stream in Telangana. After completing my Diploma course I want to do BTech but I want to change my stream. I want to take EEE stream in my BTech. So,please let me know that is it possible or not?

22nd April 2018, 12:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(EEE) for Diploma ECE student?

Sorry, to say that it is not possible to study B.Tech (EEE) course after completion of your Diploma ECE course. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech (EEE) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in EEE or relevant stream from a Government recognised board/ institute. So, being a Diploma holder in ECE, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech (ECE) course and you are not eligible to study B.Tech (EEE) course.
23rd April 2018, 01:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Diploma candidates are eligible to change their stream. You can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of engineering in state engineering colleges directly.

2. Minimum percentage of marks required in diploma to apply for LEET exam is 60%.

You can also apply for JEE exam for admission in IITs in B.Tech course.
24th April 2018, 11:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No,diploma candidates are not eligible to change their stream in B.Tech course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in ECE stream in B.Tech course. LEET is conducted for admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?