29th August 2011, 02:54 PM
vennamallavamsi

Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
i want to do aeronautical enginering ,
can i do it ,
i have completed my ssc (10th ) .

Related Questions:
  1. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I join into aeronautical engineering after completing 10th or SSC
  3. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  4. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  5. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  6. What should I do further to become an astronaut after completion of 10th?
  7. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan?
  8. Can I apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of 10th class?
  9. How to get admission for study Diploma Aeronautical on 10th basis?
  10. List of entrance exams to study Aeronautical Engineering Diploma course for 10th student? Date of entrance exam?
  11. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering? -- [New]
  12. Can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering after completion of my engineering?
  13. How can I apply for Job Opportunities being a candidate of pursuing Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering? Can I get Job before completion of my course?
  14. Which masters course I can do abroad after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
  15. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. Which Entrance Exams should I give after completion of 10th or 12th class to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  17. Which post graduation course is best to study in Aeronautics field?
  18. How to get admission for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of 10th Class?
29th August 2011, 06:50 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

hello dear

see, after 10th it is not possible to do degree Aeronautical Engineering.

but after 10th you can do diploma in Aeronautical Engineering. which is known as poly technique course.

you can get admission in poly technique course in two ways

1.through the marks basis of 10th.

2.through a entrance.

all the best.....
29th August 2011, 08:43 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

Hello,
Aeronautical Engineering is one of the most demanding stream in the field of engineering with some very bright prospects in fields like Aviation,Defence Systems etc.

However inorder to pursue this very course you need to be 10+2 or some equivalent examination and with some fair percentage.
You can appear in various Engineering entrance examination conducted by the states as well as the IITs(Joint Entrance Examination)and the AIEEE through which you can get addmission into your dream course provided you get some good score.

So please concentrate on your 11th & 12th studies so that you can get good percentage thus helping you in relishing your dream.

Good Luck.
29th August 2011, 08:48 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Hello friend
for doing Aeronautical engineering which is the most prevalent and demanding course in the field of engg nowdays you should complete at least your 10+2 with good marks

then you need to appear for the entrance exams conducted for engineering
So please pass your 12th std with good marks andthen you will be eligible
29th August 2011, 09:18 PM
princestk

It is not possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th.

CAREER IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING

Eligibility: 10 + 2 Science; high percentage of marks in Science subjects and qualifying exam (JEE) To be an aeronautical engineer one should be a BE/B.Tech. in aeronautics. The Madras Institute of Technology offers a year postgraduate programme in aeronautical engineering for B.Sc. students. One can also study for M.Tech. and Ph.D. in aeronautics from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.

Those who have passed the Associate membership exam conducted by ASI (Aeronautical Society of India), which is at par with a bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering, can also become aeronautical engineers.

The Aeronautical Society of India - http://www.aesi-hyd.com/

All the best for you i am glad to help you
29th August 2011, 09:28 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To pursue an Aeronautical Engineering course,you have to complete 12th class with PCM stream with 60%marks in Maths,Physic and Chemistry.After completing the 12th you can apply for admission in any Aeronautical Colleges to pursue your course.But i suggest you to appear for AIEEE entrance exam and get a good rank in AIEEE exam,then you will get admission in top Engineering colleges for Aeronautical Course.So here are list of Engineering colleges is best for Aeronautical Engineering

• Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai 400076 (Maharashtra) - http://www.aero.iitb.ac.in/home/ - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  • IIT, Kharagpur 721302 (WB) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai 600036 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  • Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai 600044 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  • Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, 40 GST Road, P.O.Box No.1306, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016 (Tamil Nadu)
  • Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
  • School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi - http://www.delhiflyingclub.org/ - Full time Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course of 4 years duration duly approved by DGCA
  • Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh 160011
  • IIT, Kanpur 208016 - http://www.iitk.ac.in/aero/
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014 (Bihar) Approved by Airworthiness Authority of India - Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
  • Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507
  • VSM INSTITUTE OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, C.A. No.15/1-A, 13th A Main, Sector 'A' Yelahanka New Town Bangalore 560 064 - http://www.agragami.in - REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRE for Aerospace Engineering for IGNOU and B.Tech. degree program in Aeronautical Engineering via AeSI
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka) - http://www.hindustanacademy.com/ - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering Degree course recognized by IGNOU and 3 year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course approved by DGCA
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering IIAE, C-66, SECTOR-2, KESHAR SINGH MARG, DEFENCE COLONY, DEHRADUN-248001, UTTARAKHAND - http://www.iiaedehradun.org - BTEC HND Aerospace Engineering In Partnership & International Affiliation with City of Bristol College United Kingdom.
29th August 2011, 09:28 PM
rana2011
Banned

To pursue this very course you need to be 10+2 or some equivalent examination and with some fair percentage.

You can appear in various Engineering entrance examination conducted by the states as well as the IITs(Joint Entrance Examination)and the AIEEE through which you can get addmission.

So please concentrate on your 11th & 12th studies so that you can get good percentage thus helping you in relishing your dream.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Bullo

Hii...

As far as i know,, for aeronautical engg from any institute, you need to have completed your +2(in science stream).
I would suggest you not to go for a shortcut ..concentrate on your Higher secondary courses and then appear for entrance exams like IIT ,AIEEE..

One more thing...if you have decided to do engg in Aeronautical field..then it is highly recommended that you do that from a reputed institue like IIT..

So you need to work hard for that ..give yourself couple of years time ,study +2 properly and then chase your dreams...

All the best!!
29th August 2011, 11:17 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

no dear, only 10th level is not sufficient....you have to do 12th standard with the science & maths.
after this you are able to give the enterance exam.
then you have a seat in a college.
30th August 2011, 12:10 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennamallavamsi View Post
hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
can i do it ,
Hey friend,

You can apply for aeronautical engineering but you can only apply for the Diploma in aeronautical engineering.

As you have only completed 10th,doing Diploma in Aeronautical engineering is only possible.

The duration of the course is 3 years.If you are interested in doing B.E in Aeronautical Engineering,then you can join in the 2nd year directly if you had finished your Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering.

You my come up with topics such as Structural Design, Navigational Guidance and Control Systems, Instrumentation and Communication or Production Methods or it can be in a particular product such as Military Aircrafts, Passenger Planes, Helicopters, Satellites, Rockets etc in the course.

All the best.
30th August 2011, 12:29 AM
ankurmittal123

My dear Friend,
for pursue an Aeronautical Engineering course,you have to complete 12th class with PCM stream with 60%marks in Maths,Physic and Chemistry.After completing the 12th you can apply for admission in any Aeronautical Colleges to pursue your course.But i suggest you to appear for AIEEE entrance exam and get a good rank in AIEEE exam,then you will get admission in top Engineering colleges for Aeronautical Course.So here are list of Engineering colleges is best for Aeronautical Engineering

Indian Institute of Technology, - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering

IIT, Kharagpur - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering

Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai 600036 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering

Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai 600044 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering

Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, 40 GST Road, P.O.Box No.1306, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016 (Tamil Nadu)

Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)

School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi - http://www.delhiflyingclub.org/ - Full time Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course of 4 years duration duly approved by DGCA

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh 160011

IIT, Kanpur 208016 - http://www.iitk.ac.in/aero/

Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014 (Bihar) Approved by Airworthiness Authority of India - Aircraft Maintenance Engineering

Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507

VSM INSTITUTE OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, C.A. No.15/1-A, 13th A Main, Sector 'A' Yelahanka New Town Bangalore 560 064 - http://www.agragami.in - REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRE for Aerospace Engineering for IGNOU and B.Tech. degree program in Aeronautical Engineering via AeSI

Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka) - http://www.hindustanacademy.com/ - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering Degree course recognized by IGNOU and 3 year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course approved by DGCA

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering IIAE, C-66, SECTOR-2, KESHAR SINGH MARG, DEFENCE COLONY, DEHRADUN-248001, UTTARAKHAND - http://www.iiaedehradun.org - BTEC HND Aerospace Engineering In Partnership & International Affiliation with City of Bristol College United Kingdom.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/possible-do-aeronautical-engineering-after-completion-10th-348223.html#ixzz1WRSvadJB
30th August 2011, 01:55 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, you can not take admission in aeronautical engineering after 10th..

For that you have to first complete your 12th with physics , chemistry and maths as your optional subjects..
After completion of 12th you have to appear in entrance exams like- IIT-JEE , AIEEE, etc..
If you able to qualify the exam then you will get a chance to take admission in aeronautical engineering..
So, prepare yourself to crack the exam.. Try to perform well in that exam, because depending on your score card in that exam you will get admission through counseling..

All the best.
10th September 2011, 05:20 PM
tanmayeetripathy

It is not possible to do aeronautical engineeringafter 10th... To become a aeronautical engineer you must at least have a degree in b.e/b.tech or at least a diploma in aeronautics.aeronautical engineering is a good course to study and the duration for it is 4 years and if you are doing it in diploma, then you can finish it in 2-3 years duration.

The basic criteria for b.e or b.tech in aeronautics is you must have scored fairly high percentage in 10th and +2.you must also pass the jee entrance exam conducted by the iit's.most of the engineering courses in aeronautics see the jee exam score.

Some of the major entrance examinations are iit-jee, aieee, bitsa iit jee, keam, jnu eee, viteee, gcet etc

after satisfying the eligibilityu criteria ,then you are required to give entrance exam like iit-jee or aieee for best colleges.,

best of luck..
26th December 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

it is possible to do aeronautical engineering after diploma course with electrical engineering
27th December 2011, 05:38 PM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

Quote:
hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
can i do it ,
Is it possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of 10th?

Hi vamsi,

See,It is not possible to do degree engineering course after 10th.

But, you can surely pursue "diploma in Aeronautical engineering" after 10th.And then you can directly take admission in 2nd year of degree engineering course after completing it.

so, I will strongly advised you to join some good Diploma college for aeronautical engineering and then try for degree course, this will enhance your career.

This will also help you to gain interest in the field of aeronautical engineering as it will give you very opportunistic and promising future.

For any other query, do post here.

best of luck

regards.
30th December 2011, 04:34 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
can i do it ,
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for aeronautical Engineering after passing 10th.

If you want to become aeronautical engineer then you have to pass 12th class with minimum 50% mark with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

For admissions in top college you have to qualify the exam like:-
- I.I.T-J.E.E
- A.I.E.E.E
- I.S.A.T
- State-C.E.T exam.
etc

ALL THE BEST!
8th January 2012, 02:11 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
can i do it ,
HI,
You are not eligible for B.Tech in aeronautical engineering after passing 10th class.
If you want you can join Diploma in aeronautical engineering after passing 10th Class.

As per my knowledge you go for B.tech not for diploma So that you may get good job after passing the B.Tech course.

So firstly pass 12th with minimum 50% marks in physics, maths and
chemistry.

After that apply for entrance exam so that you may get top college in Indian.

ALL THE BEST!
10th January 2012, 11:39 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

No, you cannot become an Aeronautical engineer after 10th standard. 12th qualification is required.

* To appear for aeronautical engineering you have to write AIEEE(All India Engineering Entrance Examination) and IT JEE(Join Entrance Exam) exam.

* Candidates should complete 12th from a recognized institute.
* Candidates should get 50% at 12th.
* Candidates should study physics,maths and chemistry as subject.
* If you passed exam then you will get top most colleges like

1. Indian Institute of Technology
2. Indian institute of aeronautical engineering
3. Punjab Engineering college
4. Anna University
5. Madras Institute of Technology
6. National Institute of Technology
7. Anna university

Best wishes
25th June 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my name akshay solanke , sir can i do aeronautical engineering after ssc board, this engineering best stream after ssc?
26th June 2012, 12:27 AM
vidhya86

Hi Vamsi

You can join for Diploma in aeronautical engineering after your 10th completion. There is a famous institute named HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE FOR AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING in Bangalore. This is a 3 years course. Please go through the procedures in the above mentioned institute

All the Best
26th June 2012, 11:17 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

After class 10 you can only go for diploma courses. After that you will be forced to do the full time course because diploma holders finds it difficult to find a decent job.

So i would recommend you to give your class 12 exam first and then give the joint entrance exam to study aeronautical engineering.

You can apply for aeronautical engineering if you have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together.
If you are a diploma holder in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, then also you can apply for this course.

The duration of this course is 4 years.

You can give the following exams to study this subject:-
AIEEE
CEE
SET
IIA
IISAT

Following are the top aeronautical engineering colleges in India:-

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
IIT, Chennai
IIT, Kharagpur
Manipal University
IIT, Bombay
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
Academy of Aerospace & Aviation, Indore
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
26th June 2012, 02:45 PM
artigoyal52

Hi dear,
I am sorry to saying this but its in not possible to do Aeronautical engineering.But don't be sad because you can do diploma in Aeronautical on based on 10th.
You can get admission in diploma on based on 10th marks or by giveing entrance exam.
Good luck
26th June 2012, 10:37 PM
GURINDER BILLING

hello friend....!!!

--> no dear it is not possible to do Aeronautical engineering directly.

-->first you have to do your diploma.

--> so,don't be sad if you can't do Aeronautical engineering directly but still you can do your Aeronautical diploma.

-> so, dear friend first give attention on your diploma by giving entrance exam,then go for engineering.

all the best go ahead...!!!
21st July 2012, 08:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Aeronautical Engineering is an Undergraduate Degree.
You can achieve this degree only when you pass 10+2.
Because, then only you will get admission in College.
19th October 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

hi sir.. i just wanted to do my diplomo course in aeronautics? i just passed 10th board exams with 450 marks.......could i do tat course?
30th December 2012, 04:55 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends...........

Sorry friend, its not possible to do Aeronautical Engineering after 10th its possible after 12th only

ALL THE BEST...................
31st December 2012, 02:34 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
hello sir ,
my name is vamsi .
can i do it ,

Dear friend,

As you have completed 10th class and want to be an Aeronautical Engineer, so I want to tell you that you are eligible to become an Aeronautical Engineer. After completing 10th class you can do Diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering. For this you have to appear in Polytechnic exam. There are various Government as well as Private institutions in India which offers Diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering.

Aeronautical Engineers deal with the study of the air crafts, satellites, and space crafts. In Aeronautical Engineering you will have to study about the designing, functioning and construction of various aircrafts and aeroplanes etc. After completing diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering you can go for further studies in Aeronautical Engineering.

There is a wide scope of this branch. Being a Aeronautical engineer you can get job in aircraft industrialized divisions, airline industries and air turbine production plants or designs. This is one of the highly paid branch of engineering. Day by day its scope is increasing. This branch candidates will suffer from recession.

Eligibility for Polytechnic course:-
  • You should have completed 20th class from a recognized board with English,Maths,Science as compulsory subjects.
  • You should have minimum 33% marks in 10th.

OR
  • You should have completed your ITI course from a recognized Institute.
  • You should have at least 40% marks in ITI course
  • Your age should not be more than 23 years.

Various posts for job:-
  • Mechanical Design Engineer
  • Aerospace Designer Checker
  • Assistant Aircraft Engineers
  • Aircraft Production Manager
  • Assistant Technical Officers
  • Consultants
  • Thermal Design Engineer
  • Graduate Engineer Trainees

Various Companies for Job:-

• Civil Aviation Department
  • National Aeronautical Laboratory
  • Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO)
  • Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
  • Airbus
  • Boeing
  • NASA
  • ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)

Institutes offering Diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering:-
  • Falcon Institute of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering - Aircraft Maintainence Engineering
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy Polytechnic - Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
  • Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore
  • Ghousia Polytechnic for Women- Bangalore
  • Government Polytechnic Amravati
  • Government Polytechnic College - Ahmedabad
  • Hindustan Academy - Bangalore
  • Institute of Rail Transport - New Delhi
  • Kalpana Chwala Government Polytechnic for Women - Ambala
  • Punjab Aircraft Maintenance Engineering College - Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
  • Meera Bai Polytechnic for Women - Delhi
  • MEI Polytechnic Bangalore
  • TATA aero engineering college,TATANAGAR
  • Bhanu pratap engineering school,Jaipur
  • Bibhu Oskuka school of engineering,Cuttack
  • St Vincent's holy college of engineering,Bangalore
  • Murty College of science and engineering,Chennai
31st December 2012, 04:00 PM
kiruthika m.m

You cannot do any engineering course directly after 10th as you will have to do intermediate first and score atleast 60% marks in science stream to be eligible for the various state and national level entrance exams for engineering.Aeronautical engineering is available in most of the IITs for admission into which you will have to give the IIT JEE exam after 12th.It is considered the toughest exam to crack and requires lot of effort.Also there is the Aeronautical Society of India(AeSI) which provides membership for students.It has two sets of levels A and B upon completion of which you will be provided with AMAeSI(Associate Membership) which is equivalent to B.E./B.Tech from any recognized university.Also there is SOA(school of Aeronautics),Palam,IIAE(Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering),Dehradun,Anna university,Punjab university and other private universities offering 4 years courses in Aeronautical engineering.But all require a minimum of 60% in intermediate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?