26th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Army? I am 19 years old

sir, i have a confussion in my carrier, my age is 19 and iam the second year student in bca degree. if i will be complete my degree in the age of 22. that the time i have a possible chance to join the indian army? or no chance ya? iam totaly confussed about that, please help me sir

27th January 2012, 12:07 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Army? I am 19 years old

Hi Dear
Yes, it is possible to join in Indian army in 19 years old

Because after complete your 12th exam you are eligible for
entry in Indian army as give the entrance exam NDA

But if you entry after graduation then you get a officer position........

For details you see:-

joinindianarmy.nic.in/
27th January 2012, 01:38 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is going to conduct NDA Exam in order to give admission for the candidates into variety of Defence services like
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing.

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate need to have to be placed in these defence services is 12th class.

The selection procedure for this will be by
-Written Test
-Interview

Later on a medical test will also be conducted to the candidates.

In order to be eligible for this exam, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

If your age is below 19 years, then you are eligible to take up this NDA Exam. If you have already completed 19 years of age, then you are not eligible to appear for this exam.

But, you can join Indian Millitary Academy soon after the completion of your BCA course by cracking CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam)

This Exam is also being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One can apply for this Exam from the official website of UPSC after the commencement of notification.

For update information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
27th January 2012, 02:11 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, its not possible for you to join the Indian army at the age of 19 years.

Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is going to conduct NDA Exam in order to give admission for the candidates into variety of Defence services like Army,Navy and Air force wing.
In order to be eligible for this exam, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

But, you can join Indian Millitary Academy soon after the completion of your BCA course by cracking CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam)

This Exam is also being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.
27th January 2012, 02:42 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

There are many option to join Army like- through NDA,CDS,University Director Scheme,NCC special Entry scheme.

NDA- stands for National Defence Academy. To join tarmy horugh nda, candidate should be 12th pass.Only those candidate are eligible who unmarried male age is 16.5 to 19.This exam conduct by UPSC Two time.

CDS- CDS stands for combind defence service.only unmarried Graduate with science candidate are eligible. this exam conduct by UPSC two time.

University Director Scheme- In this scheme only those candidate are eligible who have enginnering graduate degree and age should be 19 to 25 year.Thosae student to get the entry in this exan join the technical branches.

NCC special Entry scheme- Through this exam you can join army and you can apply for short sarvice commision.only those candidate who unmarried graduate and who have NCC certificate are eligible.
27th January 2012, 02:51 AM
ashishashwini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i have a confussion in my carrier, my age is 19 and iam the second year student in bca degree. if i will be complete my degree in the age of 22. that the time i have a possible chance to join the indian army? or no chance ya? iam totaly confussed about that, please help me sir
you should take a chance in Combined Defense Services(CDS) Entrance Exam twice in a year February and july,
27th January 2012, 03:15 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI,
Yes you can join Indian Army after passing the graduation.
For this you have to qualify the Combine Defence Services entrance exam.
C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Age of the candidate should be in between 19-24 year.

This exam is conducted in three stage:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

ALL THE BEST!
27th January 2012, 06:02 AM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

Yes you are eligible for the CDS exam conducted by the UPSC for the graduate candidates. By giving this test you can also direct reach a post of Army officer. You as a second year students so you can apply in the CDS-II 2012 exam which details are given below:

CDS

1. Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

2. Educational Qualification:

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
2. For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.
3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply.

Date Notification of the CDS exam:

Exam Date Date of Notification Last Date for Apply

CDS Exam-I 29.10.2011 28.11.2011
CDS Exam-II 02.06.2012 02.07.2012

Further if you want more information about the CDS Exam then copy this link either to the Google or address bar to download the CDS Exam -I details 2012 http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2012/cds1/cds1_2012_eng.pdf

Further without the above tests Navy directly provide Navy Officers jobs to the high qualified students. These type of jobs you can check from the http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/

best of luck
27th January 2012, 07:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Sorry to say that you are not applicable for NDA exam now because your age is over 19 year at time of NDA Notification.

So you can try after BCA degree, because after BCA degree you are applicable in CDS ,UES , OTA exam.

The details of NDA exam is given below.

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This examination is conducted by the Union public service commission (UPSC) twice in a year.

As my knowledge there are some basic and important eligibility criteria are described below-

NOTE: - Only unmarried males are eligible.

Educational Qualification : - candidates must passed 10+12th with Physics and Maths and have to minimal 60% in 10th.

Those are completed 12th standard without science group are eligible for NDA exam in the department of Indian Army.

NOTE : - Candidates must be physically and medically fit for the NDA test.

EXAM PATTERN

I have attached the NDA notification so please check it out.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA NOTIFICATION 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 61 views)
27th January 2012, 10:29 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed 19 years then it not possible to join Indian Army through NDA.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appear for the final 12th exam or passed is eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

You can join Indian Army through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian national within the age group of 19 to 24 years of age having either appeared for graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University is eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
27th January 2012, 02:00 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of BCA course you can go for Indian Army wing..

For that you have to qualify in CDS exam..
CDS exam is a defense service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year, to recruit students for different sectors in defense..

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian Military Academy:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Final year candidate can also apply for CDS exam.

3.Age should be in between 19-24 years.

4.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

5.Candidate must be unmarried male.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you will be 22 years old at the time of completion of BCA course , then you can apply for CDS exam for Army wing.

All the best.
27th January 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

what isthe percentage of markes of science for the entrance exams
28th January 2012, 01:25 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.......
Yes , After +2 science you can join in Indian army in the age of 19 yrs.
The details information are as follows...........

Good luck............
28th January 2012, 03:38 PM
INDERPREET KAUR JOHAL

yes it is possible best of luck
10th February 2012, 11:22 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

minimum academic qualification that a candidate need to have to be placed in these defence services is 12th class.The selection procedure for this will be by
-Written Test
-Interview
Later on a medical test will also be conducted to the candidates.In order to be eligible for this exam, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.If your age is below 19 years, then you are eligible to take up this NDA Exam. If you have already completed 19 years of age, then you are not eligible to appear for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?