10th September 2015, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to join CA having 48% in B.Com?

I have 48% in b.com so i want to join in ca is possible or not and i want some details for that course

10th September 2015, 04:21 PM
arya8360

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join CA having 48% in B.Com?

Dear aspirant,
as you mentioned that your B.Com percentage was not so good to join the chartered accountant.
because eligibility for CA says you must have 55% in your graduation.
so you can search for different opportunity.
best luck.
10th September 2015, 06:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No,it is not possible to join CA after securing only 48% in B.Com .

C.A stands for Chartered Accountant.

Institute of Cost Accountants of India offers C.A course.

There are three stages in Chartered Accountancy course;

*Foundation course or CPT,

*Intermediate course or IPCC, and

*Final Course.

According to the Central Council,a Graduate student can directly join CA- IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam.

The eligibility criteria required for the graduates to write IPCC directly is as under:

- In case of a Commerce Graduate – 55%

- In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate – 60%
10th September 2015, 06:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after having 48% marks in bachelor of commerce, you are eligible for the Chartered Accountancy course but you will not be directly eligible for the IPCC stage because for direct entry into IPCC after bachelor's degree, a candidate should have at least 55% marks in commerce and 60% marks in non commerce stream.

So if you want to do Chartered Accountancy course, you must apply for the first stage of this course called Common Proficiency Test. CPT is conducted twice every year by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

It is an objective test and consists of questions from Fundamentals of Accounting, Economics, Mercantile law and Economics. To pass this test, a candidate must score 50% aggregate of total marks and 30% marks in the each subject.

The notification for the December CPT is about to come. You must visit the official website of ICAI for latest updates www.icai.org.
10th September 2015, 07:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for the Chartered Accountancy course. It has three stages:

1. Common Proficiency test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence Course.

3. Final course.

You can apply for the CPT at the official website of ICAI www.icai.org when the notification is out for the December exam. Bachelor's degree candidate who have 55% or more can directly apply for the IPCC stage.

Work hard on the following subjects accountancy, economics, mercantile law and quantitative aptitude so that you can clear the CPT entrance test.
11th September 2015, 01:27 AM
JSD.

For doing the CA course one have to appear in the Ca-ipcc exam after the graduation degree.

The basic eligibility criteria for the CA-IPCC entrance exam is, to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university. If the bachelor degree is from a commerce background then aspirant have to score minimum 55% marks in aggregate. Rest of the commerce background aspirants have to score minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

As you are telling that you have scored 48% marks in your B.com aggregate , so You can not give rhe Ca-ipcc exam .
11th September 2015, 11:32 PM
Palace2

No ! You can not do the CA course with having 48% marks in aggregate.

CA course information:-

CA means charted accountant.ICAI is institute which conducts the three entrance exam for this course.

Entrance exam for CA course:-

1. CA-CPT.
2. CA-IPCC.
3. CA-FINALS.

CA-CPT Eligibility:-

This is also called the first stage of this exam.It is necessary to have a +2 course in any discipline from a recognised board with good marks.

CA-IPCC Eligibility:-

It is the second stage of this course. This exam can be given after successfully passing the CPT exam. It is necessary to have a bachelor degree in commerce stream with minimum 55% marks in aggregate to be eligible for this exam.

Or,

Bachelor degree in any stream with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

CA-FINALS Eligibility:-

It is the final stage of this course. The candidate who successfully clears the CA-IPCC entrance exam are eligible to sit in this exam.After clearing this exam one can complete the CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?