21st August 2012, 01:36 AM
Soumyadip Nandi

Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course through GATE Exam after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

it is possible to gate admition in M tech after passing Msc in physics? If possible , what is the process and what mark will be obtain in Msc in physics? And what sub will refare for M tech?

Related Questions:
21st August 2012, 01:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course through GATE Exam after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

After completing M.Sc it is possible to puruse M.Tech degree from a recognised Engineering institutes like IIT or the NIIT. However in order to get admission for M.Tech course, candidate is required to appear in the GATE entrance exam.

There is a common myth in India that to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), you need to have a B.Tech degree. It is absolutely incorrect. Candidates who have master degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Computer Applications, Statistics etc are eligible to appear in GATE entrance exam.

What this means is that candidates who have completed M.Sc or MCA are eligible for the M.Tech course.

The procedure that you asked for is similar as after completing the B.Tech. You can either apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam when in final year of M.Sc or after completing it. Please remember that a GATE score is valid for only 2 years after which you will have to reappear in the exam.

GATE is one of the most difficult exams in India therefore I would suggest you to prepare for few months before applying for GATE exam. You should check the sample papers, previous years papers and take some mock test available online. Alternatively professional coaching would also come very handy in this situation.

There is no percentage requirement to appear in GATE entrance exam. You just need to complete the M.Sc or B.Tech degree successfully. The percentage would matter when applying for the M.Tech course in IITs or some other universities. Generally candidates who have scored at least 60 percent marks in the qualifying exam (B.Tech or M.Sc) would not find any trouble finding good Engineering college.

Now coming to the branches of Engineering that you can pick. There certainly are several options like:

Computer Science

Aerospace

Aeronauticals

Automobile

Mechanical and many more. You are free to pick what sounds interesting to you.
25th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course through GATE Exam after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

we have to fill application form before gate exam or after for m.tech
12th January 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

what are the option for the courses to be studied in m tech for electronics and instrumentation?
17th March 2013, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to get admission in m.tech after qualifying gate
21st March 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I have not submitted my OBC(NCL) certificate during filling the application form of GATE, so is it possible for me to submit my OBC (NCL) certificate during my counselling process.
24th March 2013, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

HOW SHOULD I JOIN MTECH THROUGH GATE
28th March 2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Msc in physics. Can i give the GATE through XE paper?
30th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

i complted btech in 2011 so now i got 2 yrs gap so i can apply for m.tech now also
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?