21st June 2012, 01:51 AM
ASWINI E.B

Procedure to join LLB and LLM course? I have completed B.Com

HI,
I have completed B.com by 2012 and also doing cs. I am interested in knowing about LLB and LLM courses and the procidure to join. then the details about the required certificates , fees structure , is distance education is valuable , the colleges conducting regular courses and colleges conducting distance edu courses in Chennai , the availablity of online couching .

1st September 2012, 10:42 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join LLB and LLM course? I have completed B.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASWINI E.B View Post
HI,
I have completed B.com by 2012 and also doing cs. I am interested in knowing about LLB and LLM courses and the procidure to join. then the details about the required certificates , fees structure , is distance education is valuable , the colleges conducting regular courses and colleges conducting distance edu courses in Chennai , the availablity of online couching .

Since, you have completed the Bachelors Degree program, you may seek to apply for the 3 years LLB degree course offered through various Law Institutes and Universities, whose Law Degree is approved by the Bar Council of India. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognized University. Admission is either through entrance test or merit of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, whatever be the admission norms of the University or Institute of concern.

LLM [Master of Law] can be pursued by candidates who have completed the LLB program or equivalent from any of the recognized University or Institute, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. Admission is through entrance test. Common law Admission Test is a National level entrance examination conducted by National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their LLM program.

For detail information refer to the official website of the Universities and Law Institutes offering the same.
2nd September 2012, 10:44 AM
nagaraj g m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASWINI E.B View Post
HI,
friend,
for LLB eligibility is, you must comleted your graduation any stream,with minimum 45%aggregate age should be 20 or above, it is 3 years course,entance exams will be conducted by colleges.and distance education is also good and valuable..
For more information refer websites of law universities.............

all the best,
thank you
2nd September 2012, 06:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I would highly recommend you to pursue LLB since you are also studying Company Secretary (CS). Although CS course alone is enough to get good job in India but the combination of CS and LLB is a awesome and open fresh opportunities for you.

To answer your question, the LLB degree from distance education holds same value as regular course. Since you are also studying Company Secretary (CS), it would be ideal of you apply for LLB via distance education.

After completing CS+LLB you can apply for twin role in the company. You could take the responsibilities of the Company Secretary and the legal advisor of the company. In several companies candidates who have completed CA+CS or CS+LLB are also considered for the post of CFO in the future.

There are two types of LLB courses, first one if BA LLB and second one is LLB. Since you have already completed graduation course, you are eligible for LLB course which lasts for 3 years.

LLB Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university of India.

3. At least 45 percent marks in the graduation course.

4. In case of SC/ST, 40 percent marks are required.

LLM

Master of Legislative Law (LLM) is the post graduation course in law. To pursue LLM you are first required to complete LLB course. I would not recommend you to pursue LLM because you are already studying Company Secretary course. I believe LLB+CS would a killer combination and enough to get you a good job in a company. Therefore my personal opinion is don't pursue LLM.

Top LLB Colleges

Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar

DES Law College, Pune

School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad

Faculty of Law, Allahabad University

National Law School of India University

Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University, Chennai

DES Law College, Pune

Symbiosis Society's Law college, Pune

Army Institute of Law, Mohali

Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
2nd September 2012, 08:39 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

LLB stands bachelor in law and the duration of this course is 3 years and it is under graduate degree course

you can choose law course after 12th integrated course of 5 yrs many university provide this course

you have to give CLAT as an entrance exam in order to get admission in government colleges or you can apply directly in any private university
age limit: 18 to 21 yrs
for sc/st: 18 to 24 years

some of the colleges are:

gujarat national law university

national university of advance legal study
good luck
2nd September 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed my post graduation in commerece and currently pursuing CS Final. i am interested to study law, currently my age is 29 running its possible me to join in Law course. if possible what is the procedure. kindly advice.
my mail id [email protected]
24th July 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHETHER WE CAN JOIN LLM COURSE AFTER GRADUATION
21st August 2014, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED LL.B. AND I WANT TO JOIN LL.M THROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE
26th September 2014, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed MCA-2011 and currently iam working . i am interested to study law(LLM), currently my age is 26 running its possible me to join in Law course. if possible what is the procedure. kindly advice.
26th September 2014, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed MCA-2011 and currently iam working . i am interested to study law(LLM), currently my age is 26 running its possible me to join in Law course. if possible what is the procedure. kindly advice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?