13th July 2010, 11:09 PM
kabeeri6

Procedure of joining as a deck cadet without appearing for CET after 12th?

hey myself anubhav, i passed my 12th from lovely public school with 82% in science stream but i haven't given the CET so can u help me out by telling the procedure of joining as a deck cadet now....

14th July 2010, 05:02 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of joining as a deck cadet without appearing for CET after 12th?

Hello friend,

An indivudual needs to write joint entrance exam conducted by IIT to pursue B.Sc in nautical science from T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai. After successful completion of this 3 years bachelor programme, one can join Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet.
You can also join merchant navy as Deck Cadet through direct entry. The candidate joining merchant navy through direct entry will need to undergo a pre-sea training. This training is arranged by the recruiting company itself.
After serving for a minimumof three years, you may write exams conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping for further promotion.
14th July 2010, 04:32 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure of joining as a deck cadet without appearing for CET after 12th?

hai
There is a university-Indian Maritime university.The course offered is B.Sc nautical science.For this , one should qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the university.Once you qualify the exam, they will select you there.Also, they must have completed 12th from a recognised board for this course.
14th July 2010, 11:53 PM
Senior Member+++

you need to appear in the exam conducted by iit to pursue bsc in nautica lscience you can follow the following site it will help you
http://doondefenceacademy.com/Join1.pdf
http://www.nipm.tn.nic.in/
15th July 2010, 01:22 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You can join merchant navy as a deck cadet after 12th.

For that you have to appear at IMU or Indian Maritime University entrance exam.

If you qualify in the exam, you can admit in the IMU in B.Sc ,nautical science or Marine engineering.
Before joining in the course the candidate is given a pre-sea training course. After that course you can gradually get the senior cadet post.

The best institutes offering the deck cadet course are:

T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

All the best!
26th July 2010, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
my rank in IMU CET paper is 1754 please tell me in which college i can get admission for the course DNS nautical science.
thanking you
27th July 2010, 08:31 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Procedure of joining as a deck cadet without appearing for CET after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabeeri6 View Post
hey myself anubhav, i passed my 12th from lovely public school with 82% in science stream but i haven't given the CET so can u help me out by telling the procedure of joining as a deck cadet now....
yes you can appear as dack cadet by passing an entrance exam conducted by iit appear at IMU or Indian Maritime University entrance exam.OK BEST OF LUCK
28th July 2010, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

i want to join as a deck cadet so whats the eligibility for imu i am having 58 percent in 12
31st July 2010, 02:54 PM
nilcon001

sir im from india i want to do cadet so u can tel me me after 10th we can take line science but which special sub.
8th August 2010, 06:21 PM
prathamesh22

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder, after which he/she needs to undergo pre-sea training.

For 10+2 students there are the following courses available.

1.3 year degree course in Nautical Science (Institutions : TS Chanakya (Through IIT-JEE, Southern Academy of Maritime Studies (Chennai), Vels Academy of Maritime Education & Training (Chennai), Vels Academy of Maritime Education & Training (Chennai))

2.4 year degree course in Marine Engineering (Institutions : MERI (Through IIT-JEE), Tolani Maritime Institute (Mumbai), Southern Academy of Maritime Studies (Chennai), Vels Academy of Maritime Education & Training (Chennai))

3.3 month course for Deck Cadets

For diploma students, there are the following courses available.
1. 2 year course for Diploma Holders (Institutions : Southern Academy of Maritime Studies (Chennai), Vels Academy of Maritime Education & Training (Chennai))

best of luck
9th August 2010, 07:18 PM
rohity821

You can join merchant navy as a deck cadet after 12th.

For that you have to appear at IMU or Indian Maritime University entrance exam.

If you qualify in the exam, you can admit in the IMU in B.Sc ,nautical science or Marine engineering.
Before joining in the course the candidate is given a pre-sea training course. After that course you can gradually get the senior cadet post.

The best institutes offering the deck cadet course are:

T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

All the best!
15th August 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I have passed 12th exam with 78 % marks in 2010 then i apply for deck cadet in merchant navy. Now i received a
interview latter held on 9.09.10 so i want to know the interview pattern and topics and further procedure. I am very thankful
to you.My Email id is :- [email protected]
27th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I have passed 12th exam with 66 % marks in 2010.So i want to join as a deck cadet in merchant navy.so i want to know the further procceding to be carried out.i want to know the interview pattern and topics and further procedure as well.I am very thankful
to you.My Email id is :[email protected]
14th November 2010, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12 sci with 62% n i have given cet exam also can u tell me how much duration of this course is my email id is: [email protected]
27th November 2010, 11:26 AM
alimgazyani

i have taken comm so can i joint merchant navy course plz rply..... my email id is [email protected]
5th December 2010, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

can u plss tell me about the details of merchant navy...
i am currently in 12th standard and m confused about the cources 2 do after 12th...
plss guide me...i am more intrested in doing deck side...
is it compulsory 2 do b.sc..??
i hav read d above answers ...i got 2 noe dat d entrance xams are conducted by IIT...are the exams very tough...???
plss help...
5th December 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

can u plss tell me about the details of merchant navy...
i am currently in 12th standard and m confused about the cources 2 do after 12th...
plss guide me...i am more intrested in doing deck side...
is it compulsory 2 do b.sc..??
i hav read d above answers ...i got 2 noe dat d entrance xams are conducted by IIT...are the exams very tough...???
plss help...
23rd December 2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

dear,
sir
i have got 71% in 10 so tell me the the proocedure to join in merchant navy as a deck cadet post
my email id is amdwi992@ gmail.com
21st February 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Dear,
sir
I got 53 % in (mpc) in my 12th can i join in as cadet its request ...???

my email id is md.shahid31@ yahoo.com
3rd March 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying in S.Y.BSc(14th) with physics & maths and in coming year i complete my BSc also with maths so can i be cadet or captain
5th March 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my B.Tech(Computer science) in 2005
I am interest in%u201D Pre-Sea 6 Months Certification Course for Deck Cadets%u201D.
Please let me know the process how to take the %u201CDeck Cadets%u201D training.
My are is : 28 E mail : [email protected]
Please replay me
Regards
Maheshkumar
23rd April 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th appeared and want to join as a deck cadet.i had not given cet,iit exams.can i go from this institute
29th April 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

imu C.E.T forms are out. Visit www.imu.tn.nic.in for DECK CADET course . Its one year course, all u need is QUALIFY C.E.T and PCM 55%, age less than 25 years and unaided vision
30th April 2011, 12:20 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

An indivudual needs to write joint entrance exam conducted by IIT to pursue B.Sc in nautical science from T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai. After successful completion of this 3 years bachelor programme, one can join Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet.
You can also join merchant navy as Deck Cadet through direct entry. The candidate joining merchant navy through direct entry will need to undergo a pre-sea training. This training is arranged by the recruiting company itself.
After serving for a minimumof three years, you may write exams conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping for further promotion.
10th May 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

what is the study material or which book is supposed to be used for the entrance exams 2011 since i have filled my form i have to strat preparations and can any one guide me from which book should i prepare for the entrance exams and from where can i download the last year papers
15th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

respective sir, i had already passed the 10 2 exam with 70 %. Now i want to join as deck cadet. So pls sir, tell me about the one year course of de
18th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i got 56%(mpc)in my 12th can i join deck cadet course tell me procedure....

my email-id:[email protected]
20th May 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear student
Kindly contact 09700822637 or email on [email protected]
Thank you
capt venkatesh
30th May 2011, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have done my XIIth from PCM with 60%. But now I am 21yrs old(14th Match 1990). As aftr XIIth I got indulged in my business..
But Can I join Deck Cadet Course now???
1st September 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Two months crash course for preparation of IMU CET starting end Sept.2011 at Navi Mumbai, hostel facility available. Limited seats contact 022-27581065 for registration.
20th April 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

we need to get 60% in pyshics chemistry and math differently or we need 60% aggregrate in PCM...??
Kindly letme know
17th May 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

what are qualifications required to join as deck cadet ?
26th June 2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

what is the cut of mark for imu cet exam?
11th November 2012, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i want 2 be deck cadet wit my 2 qualification. can you just tell me what are the companies offering this course now?
29th January 2013, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i hv cleared 12th with 57 percent in pcmnd i want to join merchant navy without giving entrance if i do so then is it valid or not cn u tell me sir..my email id is [email protected]
6th June 2013, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

my son has scored 66% agg in Science. my queries are as follows:
How can he join as a deck cadet?
which is a better option direct or after doing a course?
after doing a course for how long he has to be a cadet?
after doing B.E(Electronics & Communication Engnrng) is there any scope to join Merchant Navy?
27th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I gt 55% in 12th and nw i want to answer IMU entrance exam what is the cut off required and when it is held n where.
And what are the followng procedures for the course in nautical science plzz reply..
I dnt knoe what to study n from where for that IMU exam so plzzz giv me the detail information...
My emailid [email protected]
2nd May 2016, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Hello .I had Failed in 11 class and have done 12 class from an Open School OF a NIOS board with 72 %. Am i eligible for joining as a Deck cadet.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?