17th June 2013, 01:11 AM

Qualification and physical fitness required to join? I am a B.E Mechanical engineering student

sir,i am currently doing my B.E mechanical engineering and i am interested in CBI so can you tell me,what are all the exams,qualification and physical fitness required to join...

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Navy? What is the qualification, percentage and physical fitness to join NDA
  2. What is the qualification required to join IES if I am a mechanical engineering student? What is the minimum marks required for B.E? I have scored 58% marks
  3. Qualification needed for NDA exam? What is the physical fitness required?
  4. Time duration for allahabad clerks-cashier exam?
  5. What is the physical fitness required to join Indian Army?
  6. Required Physical Fitness to join NDA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the qualification required for CBI officer? What type of physical fitness is required?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply? -- [New]
  9. Steps to become an Aeronautical engineering for BE(Mechanical student)? What are the physical requirements?
  10. Qualification and physical fitness required to join CBI? List of the coaching classes in Tamil Nadu for CBI entrance exam?
  11. Qualification required for sub inspector post? What is the physical fitness required?
  12. What is the qualification for B.Tech Mechanical engineering student?
  13. What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy
  14. What is the qualification and physical fitness of military officers?
  15. how to become an IPS after passing 12th with Arts?
  16. Qualification and physical abilities required to join Army?
  17. How can I join Air Force after B.E in mechanical engineering
  18. Procedure of recruitment of NSG Commando? Educational qualification and physical fitness required?
17th June 2013, 06:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification and physical fitness required to join? I am a B.E Mechanical engineering student

Dear Friend

CBI stands for the Central Bureau of Investigation.It is the national agency for investigation and criminal intellegence of information.

In order to join the CBI ,you will have to appear for the SSC CGL exam.

SSC CGLE stands for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam .After clearing this exam you will be able to join CBI as a sub inspector.

The minimum qualification required to appear for this exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university .Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

The age limit for the post of sub inspector of assistant in CBI is 20-27 years.

Now coming to the physical fitness:

For men :165cms

For women :150cms

Relaxation height for men and women belonging to hilly areas:

Chest :76cms with expansion

Distant Vision:6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other eye.

Near vision:0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

For any other information you may visit www.ssc.nic.in

Hope the information helps and satisfies you .If you have any more information regarding this then you can leave your message here .

all the best

aashisranjan784
17th June 2013, 10:46 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification and physical fitness required to join? I am a B.E Mechanical engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9994558103 View Post
sir,i am currently doing my B.E mechanical engineering and i am interested in CBI so can you tell me,what are all the exams,qualification and physical fitness required to join...
Staff Selection Comission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination or CGL Examination which you need to give to become a CBI Officer.

Following Posts are filled through this exam:-
  • Divisional Accountant
  • Assistant Enforcement Officer
  • Sub-Inspector in CBI
  • Assistant Officer in Central Sectariat Services (CSS)
  • Auditor's/Junior Accountant
  • Assistant Officer in Election Comission of India (ECI)
  • Central Excise Inspector
  • Assistant Officer in Central Vigilence Comission (CVC)
  • Custom House Inspector
  • Income Tax Inspector
  • Inspector of Posts
  • Assistant Officer in Raiways

Nationality:-

Residents of India, Bhutal, Nepal are eligible to give this examination.

Educational Qualification:-
  • You need to be a graduate first to give this examination. The bachelor's degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • If you are in the final year and intending to appear for the final qualifying exam or awaiting the result of the final exam then also you are eligible.

Age Criteria:-

For Assistants and Sub Isnpectors in CBI: The minimum age limit is 20 years and the upper age limit is 27 years.

There is upper age limit for the following categories:-
  1. SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  2. OBC Candidates: 3 years
  3. PWD Candidates: 10 years

Exam Pattern:-

Preliminary Examination:-

General Intelligence & General Awareness- 100 Questions (100 marks)
Quantitative Aptitude & English Comprehension- 100 Questions (100 marks)

Main Exam:-

Quantitative Ability- 100 Questions (200 marks)
English Language & Comprehension- 100 Questions (200 marks)

Medical Eligibility:-

For the posts of Sub-Inspectors in CBI:-

## Height: For Men 165 cms, For Women 150 cms. (Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals by 5 cms.)

## Chest 76 cms. (fully expanded) (There is no such requirement in cases of female candidates).

Hope this helps :-> :->
18th June 2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

after be mechanical how are way to admission in marine engg.
6th August 2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir Iam studying btech 2 year mechanical engineering. I am interested to do SI .PLEASE CAN you say me What I have an opportunity to do si post sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?