13th February 2013, 09:12 PM
Abhipra

What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy

Can u tell me about the physical fitness required for girl's for joining IAM,AIR FORCE & NAVAL ACADEMY...........

14th February 2013, 07:46 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy

hi.

physical standard for girl:-

Height and Wieght - Minimum height Male - 157 cms, Female - 152 cms
Age limits-19 to 25 years.
Eye Sight - The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 and should not be colour/night blind.

good luck............
14th February 2013, 03:37 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhipra View Post
Can u tell me about the physical fitness required for girl's for joining IAM,AIR FORCE & NAVAL ACADEMY...........

Physical Requirements For Girls To Join Armed Forces

You haven't mentioned anywhere about the exam for which you intend to appear so I am assuming that you are appearing for the CDS Exam..

Combined Defence Services(CDS) Exam

It is conducted in February and September by the UPSC for selection of candidates to the Indian Armed forces..

The candidates may apply for the CDS Exam provided that they satisfy the following conditions :-

>> you should have completed your graduation by the time you appear for the CDS Exam..

>> you should be within the following age limits for different wings :-

> to join the Military Academy..you must be 19-24 years..
> to join Naval Academy..19-22 years
> to join Air Force Academy..19-23 years
> to join Officer's Training Academy..19-25 years

The physical requirements for the candidates varies depending on various factors like age, weight, height and the wing which you desire to join..

I have attached the various physical requirements that are needed to be fulfilled by the candidates for your reference..

You can also visit the official website of UPSC which is http://upsc.gov.in for more details regarding the CDS Exam..

The written exam of the CDS consists of 3 sections :-

>> English
>> Maths
>> GK

3 rounds are to be cleared before you actually join your desired wing :-

>> Written Exam
>> SSB Interview
>> Medical Examination

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Physical Standards.docx(22.5 KB, 124 views)
14th February 2013, 05:40 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy

Dear Abhipra,

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Combined Defense Services Examination every year through which you can join the following :

a) Indian Militant Academy

b) Naval Academy

c) Officers Training Academy

d) Indian Air Force.

The Combined Defense Services Examination is conducted two times every year in the months of February and December as CDS-I & CDS-II.

The Qualifications Required For CDS Examination are :

a) Graduation from any recognized college/university.

b) Age Limit : 18-24 years.

c) There is no age relaxation provided to candidates belonging to any category.

d) There is no specific number of attempts for this exam.

e) Both male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

f) You must be an Indian.

g) You must have a good mental and physical health.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th February 2013, 06:44 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Girls are not allowed to apply for the CDS exams.
Under the CDS exams Girls are only allowed to apply for the Officers Training Academy

But Girls can apply for the Airforce conducted AFCAT exams
For Flying branch-
Minimum Height- 162.5 cms
Minimum Leg Length - 99 cms
Maximum Leg Length - 120 cms

For Ground Duty branch

Minimum Height- 152 cms
11th April 2016, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir I Am A Girl My Name Is Pranali I Want To known how To Join The Indian airforce. Recently I Gave My 10th Board Exam. In 12th Std Which Subject I Selecte????? & After 12th Which Exam is Taken For Joining Indian Airforce Only For Girls. Thabk You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?