8th February 2012, 01:39 PM
darshan9373

Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?

am giving this gate 2012 and i want to take admission to m tech so how many marks should i required in gate exam...???
is this nessesery that i should qualify the exam or only appeared student also get admission to mtech plzzz reply

Related Questions:
17th February 2012, 09:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?

It is always a good thing to pursue your masters once you have completed your degree course. This would give you in depth knowledge about the subject. This is really important to become successful in your career. Gate score is one primary qualification to almost all colleges for M.Tech admission in the country. So, it is really important that you need to qualify for the same. To get admission to colleges like the IIT’s and other top M.Tech colleges, you need to have really high score.
15th March 2012, 12:58 PM
M.Viswam

Default Re: Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?

I got 17.67 in CS stream gate 2012 and gate score is 121.. is there any chance for me to get into any college
19th March 2012, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 90%ile in gen category. there is any chance to get admission in any college who give stipen
10th July 2012, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

I got 10.67 in CS stream gate 2012 and gate score is 121.. is there any chance for me to get into any college
10th July 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

I got 10.67 in CS stream gate 2012 and gate score is 121.. is there any chance for me to get into any college reply me
1st September 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

plz send the required marks to qualify gate exam by categiry wise
2nd September 2012, 01:39 AM
denwer1

Smile Re: Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan9373 View Post
am giving this gate 2012 and i want to take admission to m tech so how many marks should i required in gate exam...???
is this nessesery that i should qualify the exam or only appeared student also get admission to mtech plzzz reply
It is good great that you are a GATE aspirant. But the foremost thing you have to keep into your mind is that GATE is one of the toughest and also the most competitive examinations of India for getting into any m.tech courses.

If you want to get into reputed and prestigious institutions like those of the IITs or NITs then your gate percentile must be 90% to 95%. However if you can get a gate percentile of 80% to 85% then also you can have nice options. You can also apply separately your gate score to the concerned institutions as and when required. Appearance can also take you to various institutions but performance does matters.
2nd September 2012, 07:54 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want admission for M.Tech course then it is required to appear in entrance exam. If not GATE then you will have to appear in some other entrance exam. It would not matter whether you want admission for Aerospace/Mechanical/ECE etc, you will have t appear in one of the entrance exams for admission. There are several other entrance exams for the M.Tech course like:

TANCET

BITCAT

VITEEE

PTU CET

The reason why General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is recommended by the several people in India is because of two reasons.

1. If you want admission in IIT for the M.Tech course, then it is necessary to have appeared in the GATE entrance exam. Without valid GATE score, IITs would not give you admission.

2. GATE score is very critical for the candidates who wish to apply for the Public Sector Undertakings job. As you may know that a lot of Engineering graduates are hired by the Public Sector Undertakings. These companies conduct a written test to select the candidates. Each company has its own written test but some companies instead of conducting test, give preferrence to the GATE score of the candidate. The better you have performed, more the chances of getting job.

Now there is no fix limit of marks that would get you admission for M.Tech course. It comes down to how students overall have performed in the GATE exam. Merely appearing in the GATE exam is not enough, you would also require to qualify the exam. The qualifying marks for GATE 2012 were:

General - 25 Marks

OBC - 22.5

SC/ST/PD - 16.67

You would have to score the qualifying marks to pass the GATE exam. After which it depends on how well you have performed and how others have performed.

Eligibility of GATE

You need to complete B.Tech/B.E. course in any stream to appear for the GATE entrance exam. The percentage does not matter.

Please remember that GATE score is valid for only 2 years.

Exam Pattern

GATE exam consists 65 questions of 100 marks.

General Aptitude - 10 Questions - 15 Marks

Engineering Mathematics - 11 Questions - 15 Marks

Your Engineering Subject - - 44 Questions - 70 Marks
14th January 2013, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

minum marks for qualifying gate
17th March 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 25.57 marks in gate 2013 i belongs to bc-b am i qualified or not
[email protected]
19th March 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 26.67 marks in Gate 2013 I belongs to SC .
please. tell me what college I choose and I'll be able to take admission or not
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?