2nd February 2012, 09:15 PM
saurabh shau

Required rank in GATE Exam to join M.Tech course in IITs? How to prepare for this Exam from 6th semester of B.Tech?

what should be the rank in gate to study m tech in iit and tell how to prepare from 6th semester in b tech bcoz the time is so scarse?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I prepare for GATE if I am a 6th semester engineering ECE student
  2. How can I prepare for GATE? I am a 6th semester engineering ECE student
  3. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  4. If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?
  5. Which is better, IIT or IISc? How much rank is required to gate a seat in GATE? Tips to prepare for the exam?
  6. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  7. How to prepare for GATE while in 6th semester ECE?
  8. Solutions to last year GATE ECE papers? What rank is required to get into IITs?
  9. Expected GATE rank and chances in admission to IITs after marks withing 49-52?
  10. What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP
  11. How much will be my rank after scoring 44 marks in GATE in mechanical?
  12. How many seats are there in IITs for CSE through GATE? How to prepare well for GATE?
  13. Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE during my 6th semester to study M.E./M.Tech? -- [New]
  14. GATE Entrance Exam preparations: Is solving 10 years papers enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What should I prepare for GATE or PSU exam? Which one is more beneficial?
  16. M.Tech(electronics) or M.Tech(nuclear physics) after M.Sc(physics) for better career?
  17. Is it right to do MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech? Benefits and preparations required for cracking GATE exam?
  18. Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing B.Tech 6th semester?
1st October 2012, 09:18 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Default Re: Required rank in GATE Exam to join M.Tech course in IITs? How to prepare for this Exam from 6th semester of B.Tech?

Dear aspirant,
GATE entrance is one of the toughest entrance being conducted by IIT’s.
So, the preparation level should be of that category.
The selection of best study material and your concepts will play a great role in deciding your rank in this exam.
Generally, students try to get M.Tech seats in IIT’s.
For that you need to score minimum 50/100.
Because many a students will opt for jobs directly so the many toppers won’t join M. Tech.
Work hard and chase your dream.

3rd year is the perfect time to start your preparation for GATE entrance because by now your GATE syllabus will be covered.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
27th July 2013, 05:35 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Required rank in GATE Exam to join M.Tech course in IITs? How to prepare for this Exam from 6th semester of B.Tech?

Hi

Preparation for M.Tech takes around 8-10 months.
Syllabus is same as your graduation/ b.Tech course
So if you have taken your graduation studies seriously then you have to put in less effort and time for final preparation.

If you want to get admission in IIT, you need to have atleast 97 percentile and above.
(for general category)

Try to solve MCQ and mock papers given in GATE book by GK Publication

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?