11th May 2017, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

In science what should be selected PCM or PCB to become an Doctor and then an IAS Officer?

Hey I want to become doctor but at the same time wants to be an IAS officer. So I'm very confused what to be taken and what should I follow please give me a proper explanation. I want to go for medical after 12th so I'm confused what to do in medical stream and after medical IAS. So I want to know what to do in medical without wasting my time for ias..

11th May 2017, 06:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In science what should be selected PCM or PCB to become an Doctor and then an IAS Officer?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

The qualification required for IAS entrance examination is graduation in any discipline. You can apply for this examination after MBBS course.

You can apply for NEET exam and clear it to get admission in MBBS course. Along with MBBS course, you can prepare for IAS exam and clear it in first attempt. This will help in not wasting your time.
11th May 2017, 07:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In science what should be selected PCM or PCB to become an Doctor and then an IAS Officer?

If you want to become an doctor you have to appear and qualify in NEET entrance examination.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper. So, you have to pursue PCB.

To appear for I.A.S ( Civil Service examination ) candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. So, after pursuing MBBS, BDS etc you will be eligible to appear for examination.

After qualifying in all three stages of examination you will be eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S officer. For Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in for NEET examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
12th May 2017, 12:43 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you want to pursue medical course then you have to complete your intermediate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Because only after that you will be eligible for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) which is an entrance exam to get admission in MBBS. You can become an IAS officer after completion of MBBS as there is no subject requirements for being an IAS officer. Candidates who are graduate in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. Thanks
12th May 2017, 03:56 PM
ranu shahi

Look, according to my information, for becoming an IAS officer this is not compulsory that you have to take PCB or PCM in 12th. You can take any of them. You must have your graduation degree with any recognized universities.

But for becoming a doctor, you have to take PCB in 12th. After that you have to compete for NEET examination and according to your rank in NEET you will get the medical colleges.

So, i suggest you to take PCB in 12th. This will help you in both sectors.
12th May 2017, 06:36 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To become doctor, you need to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. In case of NEET exam only PCB candidates can apply for it. Once you clear NEET exam, you can take admission in MBBS course to become doctor.

MBBS graduates can apply for Indian Administrative Services examination. For this examination, you need to be minimum of 21 years.
12th May 2017, 11:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you have mentioned that you are interested in becoming a doctor so you must need to complete your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology i.e; PCB group as main subjects followed by MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course. Further to pursue MBBS degree course from medical colleges of India you need to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ).

Further after completion of your MBBS to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> Further to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination you need to have following qualifications :-

i) You must have nationality of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university of India.

For more details about NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in where as details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th May 2017, 12:42 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are keenly interested in IAS as well as Medical. Then first of all complete Intermediate then after qualifying Medical entrance examination go for MBBS. After this you need to continue preparation for IAS.
This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 42 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 45 percent aggregate in graduation.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Candidate should be physically fit.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?