27th December 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

What to take PCM or PCB?

I am student of class 10 and i am confused to which stream i should choose PCM or PCB? and my parent are saying to take PCM?

13th February 2014, 03:16 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What to take PCM or PCB?

It's common phase in life where everyone of us get confused of which stream to take in for continuing with our 11th and 12th grade studies and many a times we tend to pick up the stream which seems to be advised by someone else but not with our own self-interest..

Now the first thing which you need to keep in mind is take up the stream which you are really interested. How do you want to see yourself in your career life? Are you wanted to be a doctor? or an Engineer? Entrepreneur? Charted Accountant? etc..? just make yourself settle on one thing first and then check which stream will help you to get there.

I can clearly understand how confused you will be now reading the above paragraph but that's how you need to be with the information cause many a times we just take the stream as it comes without thinking about it but if you can really sit down and work on your future career choices you will be really able to take the best suited one for you.

I have attached a career path picture in this post which clearly shows what are the options you will have of selecting PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths). Just spend some valuable time to analyse the streams and various courses which it can give you then select the one which is best suited for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CareerPath_guide.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	147551  
17th June 2019, 01:55 AM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to take PCM or PCB?

If you want to take up engineering after your +2 you should take PCM. But if you want to become a doctor you should take PCMB instead of PCB. Yes, PCMB. Because if you don't take Mathematics, you will have a lot of problems in solving Physics numerals. But the problem doesn't stop here. If you anyhow clear your entrance, in college you won't be able to cover up Modern Biology. Remember, Mathematics is very important for Modern Biology.

So if you are getting an option of PCMB, be sure to take it rather than PCB.

Or only PCM will work if you aren't interested in becoming a doctor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?