9th September 2018, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Scope in IT Sector for BE(ECE) student?

Hello friends, I want to know about the scope in IT Sector for me as I have secured admission for BE course in ECE stream. I want to make my career in IT Sector. So, please let me know about the scope first. Thank you!

10th September 2018, 06:41 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope in IT Sector for BE(ECE) student?

There are plenty of scopes in ECE field.

They can also apply for a job in different companies.

There are many reputed companies like:-

BHEL
DRDO
BSNL
JTO
SAIL
ISTO etc to which students can apply for jobs . Students who want to join higher studies can prepare for GATE or CAT.
11th September 2018, 05:23 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Electronics and Communication Engineering candidates have good job opportunities in Information Technology MNCs like TCS, IBM, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro etc.

You need to clear written test, technical interview and Human Resource interview for final selection in these companies.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Minimum of 65% marks or above in 10th, 12th and bachelor's degree from a recognized institute.

No pending backlogs. You should have knowledge of C, C++ or other programming languages.
11th September 2018, 08:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Scope in IT sector for BE( ECE) student :-

ECE stand for electronics and communication engineering. There are so much government job opportunities for ECE candidates. But for government job you will have to crack the entrance exams.

Entrance exams in which ECE engineers can apply for government jobs are :-

Graduate aptitude test in Engineering for PSU like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc.

Indian Engineering services examination conducted by UPSC

BSNL JTO Exam

Airport Authority of India Limited Exam

You can also appear for the general competition exams like IBPS exams, SSC, CGL, RRB exams etc.
11th September 2018, 10:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you need an IT job after spending 4 years in BTech, ask your seniors who are in Infosys / Wipro and TCS on how to crack IT interviews.
If you wish to be an entrepreneur, join a Startup now. Government is encouraging students to be entrepreneur and create jobs and not to be corporate monkeys.
There are lots of new electronics, embedded systems startups and old companies you can look for a career in commerce you make you have interest in pursuing your career in the same sector.
Initially struggle is required but later on you will have satisfaction and a better package.
You can prepare for government exams like IES, DRDO ISRO, public sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?