19th August 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Which section should I take in 11th? What are the job opportunities?

i am very confused by thinking what should i take in 11.i love science ,and maths very much...
so please do help me -should i take commerse,computer science,bio-maths?????and if i take computer science what are the job opportunities that i'll get

26th August 2012, 06:54 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which section should I take in 11th? What are the job opportunities?

After completion of 10th you have to decide in which stream you will study further. You should choose based on your interest and performance. As you mentioned that you love science and mathematics very much then I will suggest you to choose science stream in 11th and 12th. In science there are subject physics, mathematics and chemistry. As you love science then surely you will love all these subject. Study in 11th and 12th very much attentive. This study is very much important for your career because 12th marks will help you to take admission in a good course in a good institution.

As you mentioned about computer science then I think you are interested for computer science also. If you are really interested in computer science then you may go for computer science study after completion of your 12th study with science stream. First complete your 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics subject. Then appear in engineering entrance examination. Through engineering entrance examination take admission in engineering with stream computer science in a good engineering institution.

There are so many engineering entrance examination like IIT JEE, AIEEE and other state level and institute level engineering entrance examination. If you can clear the IIT JEE examination then you will be able to take admission in IITs which are the best institution in India for technical and science study. If you can clear the AIEEE examination then you will get chance to take admission in engineering in a institution within India based on your rank. If you clear state level engineering entrance examination then you are eligible to take admission in engineering in a institution within that state. Beside these there are some institution those conduct their own entrance examination. If you can clear their entrance examination then only you will be able to take admission in that institution.

Computer science is a very good branch of engineering. There are very good job opportunities after completion of engineering in computer science. There are so many software MNCs which recruit computer science graduate. If you are interested in computer science then it will be better for you if you take admission in engineering with computer science stream after completion of 12th with science stream.

The scope after studying in science stream is much better than the scope after studying in commerce. In commerce you have to study mathematics beside that you have study accountancy and other subject. If you are interested in commerce and if you are weak in physics and chemistry then you may go for commerce. In bio-mathematics you may choose subject combination like Physics, chemistry, mathematics and Biology. These combinations are really very good. You may go for this.

Best wishes.
26th August 2012, 07:51 PM
soumadeep7

Default Re: Which section should I take in 11th? What are the job opportunities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am very confused by thinking what should i take in 11.i love science ,and maths very much...
so please do help me -should i take commerse,computer science,bio-maths?????and if i take computer science what are the job opportunities that i'll get
After completion of 10th you have to decide in which stream you will study further. You should choose based on your interest and performance. As you mentioned that you love science and mathematics very much then I will suggest you to choose science stream in 11th and 12th. In science there are subject physics, mathematics and chemistry. As you love science then surely you will love all these subject. Study in 11th and 12th very much attentive. This study is very much important for your career because 12th marks will help you to take admission in a good course in a good institution.

As you mentioned about computer science then I think you are interested for computer science also. If you are really interested in computer science then you may go for computer science study after completion of your 12th study with science stream. First complete your 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics subject. Then appear in engineering entrance examination. Through engineering entrance examination take admission in engineering with stream computer science in a good engineering institution.
26th August 2012, 07:57 PM
i am sure
Member+

After 10th you should choose that subject which you interested.But in my point of view
you should take science stream in 11th because science has more scope in future when
you complete your 12th with science stream you can prepare for

IIT-JEE
AIEEE
Defence service
NDA
AIRFORCE
BANKING
etc
26th August 2012, 09:04 PM
incredibleshub

Quote:
Three main streams available after Xth are Science, Commerce and Arts. There are also many polytechnic and ITI courses which are considered of professional value. Below given are the details:

Science Stream :
Science subjects offered - The compulsory subjects are English, a second language, physics and chemistry. You have the choice of taking up biology and a vocational subject or mathematics and a vocational subject or biology and mathematics without any vocational subject. Take up Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics if you want to pursue engineering after class XIIth. If medicine is your calling, do Physics-Chemistry-Biology. If you want to pursue any of the technology courses like Biotechnology, Nanotechnology or any BTech course, Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics-Biology should be your choice of subjects.

Commerce Stream :
Commerce subjects offered - You will study subjects like economics, organisation of commerce, book-keeping and accountancy, secretarial practice, mathematics and statistics etc. If you wish to pursue management in the future, you could opt for mathematics instead of secretarial practice.

Humanities Stream :
Arts subjects offered - The compulsory subjects in Arts are English and one second language, i.e. French, Sanskrit or Hindi. Optional subjects include Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Psychology, Economics, History, Literature, etc. While choosing optional subjects keep in mind your interest and the career implications too.

Basically, the moment you enter 10th standard, you start analyzing the subject you wish to take up in class 11th. The preparation begins with self-analysis. While the opinion of your parents, teachers, friends and other social groups are important but it should not be the only/dominant factor.

An ideal thing to do is to consult your teachers, relatives and guardians. Today, options are not limited to science, maths, commerce or humanities. For example If you have a flair for writing and have a good command over language then you can go for arts in class 11th and simultaneously develop your writing skills. Later you can go for journalism course during your graduation.

If you like pursuing a particular sport then do not feel shy or awkward about it. On the other hand, pursue your studies along with sports. Always chose subjects which may give you ample time to practice that particular sport.

if you have a penchant for music or acting or modeling then you can choose subjects that may help you in pursuing these careers after your 12th

Likewise, if you wish to do professional courses like engineering (IIT, DCE) or MBBS (AIMS, DPMT, CBSE) after your class 12th, then you can start preparing right away. You can take professional help but remember there is no substitute to self study. For courses like MBA, nothing can be done now particularly but one can start concentrating on developing his/her analytical, aptitude and English language skills.

Guidelines to choosing a prospective career

• Before choosing a career, you should give due consideration to the circumstances, social status, priorities of your family, your physical attributes, your own limitations and capabilities and so forth.
  • Keep in mind your own priorities.
  • Academic competence increases if you are able to devote your energies towards the field of your choice.
  • You should keep an open mind. You should not go for the traditional careers just because somebody suggested or tried to convince you.
  • You can go for your SWOT analysis i.e. Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. You should build on your strong points, try to minimize your weaknesses, try to grab the opportunities that may come your way and be wary of perceived threats. You may consult a professional Psychologist if you so feel like.
  • These days there is a plethora of information. Do a crosscheck about a given career option. Research well in advance over career options.
  • Do not feel shy of seeking the help of a professional Career Counselor. Feel free to consult National Network of Education.
  • You should never doubt your own capabilities. Half the battle is lost when you start doubting your own capabilities.
Remember that there is no short cut to success. At the same time, if your field of hobby becomes your field of career, chances of success increase manifold.

Arriving at your best career option is possible, only if you gather as much information as possible on diverse professions and educational opportunities. In no way you should be prejudiced about a job and end up attaching unqualified superiority for professions like medicine, engineering, and the civil services, though one can always have preferences for. Remember at the end of the day all it matters is how much you excel in a profession and the rest follows.

The list of careers is endless. Every body has a place under the sun even if the sun is not benign, you can still make your mark under it by choosing a career option close to your heart. Never mind, you are not good at mathematics or science, you can still choose from a plethora of options from the commerce stream, humanities, and vocational courses.

We at National Network of Education (NNE) are trying a role, howsoever insignificant it may seem, to simplify things for you. With the help of National Network of Education, each career option seems like the grains appear as a pearl on the golden beach.
3rd September 2012, 03:47 PM
santoshchintha

After 10th u can choose in every branch u have same opportunities of jobs but u said that u r intrested in maths and science then u can choose M.P.C. By taking M.P.C u can go for higher studies according to computers and at d same time prepare for entrance tests
IIT-Jee
AIEEE
Eamcet
AirForce
etc
25th January 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I want to take psychology in 11th but it is not available in my school,can i take it after 12th?
30th January 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in grade 11? I have no idea at all and I don't have any particular interests but I really want to do Psychology and in my school, there is an option of commerce with psychology. What should I do?
8th February 2013, 04:19 PM
rch91

Quote:
You should choose your stream as per your area of interest.As you have mentioned you have command over maths and science so i would suggest you to take science (non-medical) as your stream in 11th and 12th.
After completing 12th with science you can give competition exams like IITJEE, AIEEE,BITSAT,VITS etc. so that you can enroll yourself in engineering colleges.
Regarding job opportunities there are many job opportunities in engineering line as there are many privete,public sector companies. So dont worry about it and just move on with the area of your interest.
All teh best...!
3rd April 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

apart from engineering what are the other career options for maths science students
12th April 2013, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE GOVERNMENT JOB CHANCES IF I TAKE pcm IN 11^TH
12th April 2013, 08:02 PM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: Which section should I take in 11th? What are the job opportunities?

Hai friend,

The group which you choose in 11th is based on your ambition.

As you have interest in maths and science,you can take any one of the following groups.

To become,

1. Doctor - Biology and maths (MUST).

2. Engineer - Maths and computer (or)

Biology and computer.

3. Charted Accountant - Commerce.

Future Scope:

*If you have a passion to become doctor, take Bio-maths group.

*Software Engineers have a scope of 6 to 7 years.

*Charted accountant always have scope in present and future. An estimate shows that, there is a need for 50,000 C.A in future.

Salary of C.A.

*At starting - Rs.25,000 to Rs.30,000. (per month)

*After experience - Rs.1,00,000 (per month).

As you like maths and as C.A have well scope in future,it is best to choose Commerce group in your 11th.

All The Best.
15th May 2013, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

what subjest should i take to become an engineer?
19th May 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in both computer and bio-maths and i have an desire of working in abroad,so which group can i choose in 11th std which has more scope in abroad?
20th May 2013, 10:19 AM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

You can choose any stream in 11th , am going to explain you detailly about each branch

1. Maths and science stream
>>After completing this course you can do course like b.tech, b.pharm, b.sc
>>All the above courses are core courses
>>After completing any of the course you can get a salary ranging from 20,000 - 35,000
>>Mostly the jobs in this field is ever green
>>The courses related to computers, constructions ,designinig, gaming, scientists will come under them only

Biology and science stream :
>>You can do courses like MBBS, BAMS, B.Sc, B.Pharm after completing these courses
>>You can get jobs in any where in the world
>>The salary will be ranging above 35,000 rupees
>>Research, doctors, scientists will be coming under them only

Commerce courses :
>>These are also ever green field only
>>These like b.com, bbm, bca, bba, ca, icwa, cs courses can be done after completing 12th in commerce
>>The salary will range above 10,000 rupees
>>All the bank jobs, accountants, huma resouce management, financers,will be coming under them only

all the best....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf indiasalary_guide_2011.pdf(1.98 MB, 201 views)
22nd May 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I want to do BCS, then which subjects should i take in Science stream?
26th May 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I think to study computer maths can I select it?
18th June 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

If i choose commerce in 11th wht job opportunities can i hve ? for job of ca we hve to do any coaching ?
28th March 2014, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

After 11th which stream should I select? I'm a little bit confused between commerce and science! Though, I have been studying science since class 6th and I love it! But I find Chemistry a little unpleasant and not significant.. I don't know a single thing 'bout commerce, that is adding more not to take commerce. I like Science, but I'm afraid if I would be able to do it.. People also told me, like my elder sister, that science is not easy and commerce is. But a/c to me every subject is tough in its way!
11th August 2014, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th class in commerce with I.P. stream and I want career in Computers which exams should i opt after 12th to form a sucessfull career.
I have profession in D.T.P. ; Accounting software ; Java.
Please reply!!!
31st March 2015, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I am confused about which subject should I choose in 11 as optional subject in medical science? I am thinking to choose Hindi or biotechnology. But I also want to know the career oppertunities in these fields.
23rd April 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can we do hotel management course through commerce stream with computer and what are the courses available for it.
30th April 2015, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

What subject I can take for best banking job and how I get the job?
4th March 2016, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Is Hindi compulsory in 11th science group in CHS. I want to apply for 11th SET in CHS if Hindi is not compulsory in the course of science group. So pleasee....tell me whether Hindi is compulsory or not please help me pleasee...
22nd July 2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm in 10th class and I want to get job faster with a good salary so I want to know which subject should I choose. And what are the percentage required for this
25th December 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

What group I should prefer for job in future in IT company
10th May 2020, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a maths and computer teacher.so, can you please help me to take the group in 11th
2nd July 2021, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

If I choose maths bio stream what are the capable job will I get and which degree should I study?
29th August 2021, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Which section should I take in 11th became a lawyer
13th February 2022, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Can you say which job is best
22nd June 2022, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

What group i am take it most salary
25th June 2022, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Which group I should choose after 10th standard to become a lawyer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?