25th August 2019, 10:16 AM
renukaainapurapu

Is SET required for the post of Assistant Professor in universities?

Hi, I'm an M.Tech student with VLSID course. Will I be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in universities after completing this M.Tech? Or, do I need to appear for SET or any other entrance examination? If SET, then please update me about SET exam syllabus.

29th March 2023, 12:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is SET required for the post of Assistant Professor in universities?

Yes, you will have to appear and qualify in NET/SET examination to become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor.

Candidates without appearing and qualifying in the entrance examination are not eligible to apply for the post of Assistant professor. NET is conducted twice in a year by UGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?