18th May 2011, 01:56 AM
fit2survive

Should I apply for the colleges giving admission to M.Tech on Merit basis or should I give GATE another try?

i have gone through forums which have stated answers to the same question which i've asked.... well im a graduate..finished my b.tech bioinformatics and am very much interested in studying further. i attempetd gate but couldn't qualify... there are institutes which offer on the merit basis. shoukd i apply for them or give gate another trial..but that would bring in a gap which im nt really into.it would be great help if anyone could suggest what colleges should i prefer??

Related Questions:
  1. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  2. List of engineering colleges which give admission on 12th marks merit basis? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Colleges/universities providing admission to MSc in Agricultural on the basis of merit in graduation?
  4. How to get admission in colleges of Pune for M.Tech after scoring 7.00 in GATE
  5. Can I get admission in M.Tech in India on the basis of my GRE score?
  6. Admission to mtech nanoscience in DU on the basis of JAM?
  7. List of colleges or universities(Government) where I can get admission for B.Tech on the basis of Merit?
  8. Which are the colleges providing placements after doing M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in IT specialization
  9. List of Engineering colleges which give admission on 12th Merit Basis after securing 94.6% in 12th from CBSE Board?
  10. How to get admission in Government Engineering Colleges without giving any entrance exam?
  11. Can I apply CBSE merit scholarship for my PG course also?
  12. Can I get a seat in CBIT with a rank of 14760 in EAMCET
  13. How may I get EE in Asanasol engineering college? I've secured 62627 rank in WB-JEE and SC rank 5529
  14. Can one get into M.Tech specialization of Environmental Science after doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication branch?
  15. Can I get government medical college after scoring 76 marks in MHCET exam
  16. Procedure of admission into M.Tech in R V College of Bangalore on the basis of GATE? -- [New]
  17. List of good colleges I can apply for with GATE marks 46.33 with 367 score? I want to take admission in M.Tech in Maharashtra
  18. List of the colleges taking admission on the basis of board merit? What is the cutoff?
6th July 2011, 10:30 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I apply for the colleges giving admission to M.Tech on Merit basis or should I give GATE another try?

yea you may try for next year GATE examination. but as you are interested in further study so for next year you must be prepared well. this year you may get chance for M.Tech program in any institution on merit basis but then you will not get any stipend for your M.Tech study as you don't have GATE score and also you will not get so much good collage if you don't have GATE score.

so i think it's better to try for next year. but for this you must be well prepared for next year. you should start your preparation for GATE examination from now. you may take admission in GATE coaching institution. they will provide good study material and helpful model question papers.

when you are preparing for GATE examination then beside this try to find a job for you. may be part time or full time which is related to your study bio informatics. then you will be able to show your one year work experience certificate also at the time of any recruitment process. this experience will help you as well as there will no gap in your study.

best of luck.
6th July 2011, 11:05 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Should I apply for the colleges giving admission to M.Tech on Merit basis or should I give GATE another try?

yes you can try for next year GATE examination.but for next year have need good labour and make yourself well.

For next year you may take admission in GATE coaching institution. Who provide you good study material and helpful model question papers.

*when you are preparing for GATE examination then beside this try to find a job for you. (spacically part time ) which is related to your study bio informatics. then you will be able to show your one year work experience certificate also at the time of any recruitment process. This experience will help you as well as there will no gap in your study.

Thanks! Best of luck.
6th July 2011, 02:07 PM
mundhra
Member+

yes you should try for gate once more with a better preparation as gate has more value...best of luck
7th July 2011, 01:05 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiii........
GATE is a better option for higher studies,because in gate topmost IITs are there so gate is preferable.in the merit list if u get good colleges then there is no problem but gate is vey good option because in gate NITs are also there all good govt.colleges are also there.so you better move to gate.
best of luck...............
31st October 2011, 07:58 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes you can apply for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam) , even if you

have backlog still to clear .But before the counselling starts for the GATE exam ,

you should clear all your backlogs .

if you have backlogs during the counselling then your score card becomes invalid

and you will be disqualified .

Basic qualification to appear for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering )exam
Those who are in the second year or in third year Master’s degree course (Post-B.Sc.) in

Engineering/Technology can apply .

Those who are in Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application are also eligible .

Tthose who are in the last year of these courses can also apply .

Those who are still pursuing the last year of any of the eligible courses can also apply .

date for GATE 2012

Commencement of Online Application submission

Monday 12 September 2011
Last date for Submission of Online Application

Monday 17 October 2011
Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office

Monday 24 October 2011

GATE 2012 Online Examination Papers AR, GG and TF

Sunday 29 January 2012

GATE 2012 Online Examination Papers AE, AG and MN Sunday

29 January 2012

GATE 2012 Offline Examination Papers BT, CE, CH, CS, ME, PH and PI

Sunday 12 February 2012

GATE 2012 Offline Examination Papers CY, EC, EE, IN, MA, MT, XE and XL

Sunday 12 February
31st October 2011, 09:22 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Following are the minimum qualifications required for appearing in GATE exam:
[/COLOR]
1 Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2)

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or
equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes can also apply

2 If you are in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme
(Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated
Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology, then also you can apply

3 If you have qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies
recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AME by ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Best of luck
23rd November 2011, 10:32 PM
litunu

as you are interested in further study so for next year you must be prepared well. this year you may get chance for M.Tech program in any institution on merit basis but then you will not get any stipend for your M.Tech study as you don't have GATE score and also you will not get so much good collage if you don't have GATE score.

so i think it's better to try for next year. but for this you must be well prepared for next year. you should start your preparation for GATE examination from now. you may take admission in GATE coaching institution. they will provide good study material and helpful model question papers.

when you are preparing for GATE examination then beside this try to find a job for you. may be part time or full time which is related to your study bio informatics. then you will be able to show your one year work experience certificate also at the time of any recruitment process
18th March 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i have gate rank 12498 . Should i apply for m.tech in cs or it in jadavpur univercity or BESU???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?