28th June 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Should I do B.Tech CSE to become a software developer?

i want to be a software developer. Should i do B.Tech(CSE) or follow the path of doing BCA then MCA

4th July 2012, 09:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do B.Tech CSE to become a software developer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to be a software developer. Should i do B.Tech(CSE) or follow the path of doing BCA then MCA
You can go either of ways, but B.tech course will be of shorter duration and will better equip you with knowledge & experience. MCA is basically designed to create computer application whereas Btech is related to core areas like algorithm, software development .

Many graduates only end up doing job in IT companies like Infosys, Wipro etc.

If you do BCA , it is of three years duration and then MCA, it will take 3 more years while a Btech course is of four years duration.

Since you are interested in software development, Btech would be more beneficial. Although you can find lot of colleges offering computer science Btech course. But you need to find a good colleges, a govt college preferable.

There are various entrance test for Btech course, the most popular ones are IITJEE, AIEEE. They will admit you in either IITs or NITs, both are most Reputed institutes in India. You can apply for these exams after completing 12th Examination.

After completing, if you are further interested, you can go for Mtech in software development, which would further enhance your prospectus. So you have to Decide yourself which one is best for you, so please choose course as per your Interest.
4th July 2012, 10:13 PM
gokuls1

why not dear, by pursuing b.tech degree in cse you wil get one of the best technical knowledge regarding the software development world n its very easy n comfortable to achieve goal of becoming an software developer by doing b.tech.. so I would prefer you to go through it.. Best Of Luck...!!!
5th July 2012, 05:59 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
you have BCA and then MCA
And now you want to be a software developer.
So I must say that you can go for B.Tech
But there are so many other ways
You can also go for M.Tech to appear for companies

You can appear for these companies :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.IBM
5.INFOSYS
6.SATYAM
7.ACCENTURE

S all the best........
9th August 2013, 12:45 PM
srikanth2207

I think it is better to do CSE in B.Tech compared to CSE you have to IT in B.Tech.Because for a software developer programming must be important.In CSE apart programming they concentrate on both software and hardware.In IT they totally concentrate on Programming.So it is better to go for IT in B.Tech if you want to become a software developer
10th June 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to become a game designer in my future, so if I not get placement through college campus, then what I can do to pursue my aim.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?