16th May 2010, 08:32 PM
praveen patel

Should I do long term course after 12th or do B.Tech and then try for M.Tech in IIT?

IJUST COMPLETED MY 12 TH CLASS N I WANT TO GET INTO IIT SO SHOULD I DO A LONG TERM COURSE OR SHOULD I DO BTECH AND THEN TRY FOR IIT IN MTECH

10th June 2011, 10:47 AM
ec061077

Default Re: Should I do long term course after 12th or do B.Tech and then try for M.Tech in IIT?

Hii buddy,
This is very good that you want to join iit .but from my own experience you first exemine your self that are you prepare for fight at iit jee exam level?
are you good in pcm with deep analyitcal knowledge because in iit you must have good knowledge in your subject.
My aim is not demoralise you but many student run toward iit after seeig its bright side but its more harder to achieve it. I am also selected in iit jee pre in 2004 & 2005 but I m not crack mains exam with good rank. And I m waist 3 years of my life . So it's my personly suggestions that if have dedication about iit than you will join long term course otherwise thake admission in good engineering college. Because it make no any hard diffrence from any good college you able to got good job not same as iit but after some years of experience you are reach to same level...
15th June 2011, 10:44 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I do long term course after 12th or do B.Tech and then try for M.Tech in IIT?

Hello friend,

To go for a long term course at this stage will turn to a good decision only if you are strictly determined that you will crack IIT-JEE.

Otherwise it will just be a wastage of one academic year of your career. If wasting one year brings you good rank in IIt-JEE then it is ok.

Rather you can join other courses available for you like the general honors courses or any other courses like computer application courses.

At first think about your graduation degree and then think for the master's degree.

Rest decision is yours.
15th June 2011, 10:46 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

To go for a long term course at this stage will turn to a good decision only if you are strictly determined that you will crack IIT-JEE.

Otherwise it will just be a wastage of one academic year of your career. If wasting one year brings you good rank in IIt-JEE then it is ok.

Rather you can join other courses available for you like the general honors courses or any other courses like computer application courses.

At first think about your graduation degree and then think for the master's degree.

Rest decision is yours.
22nd June 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I didn't get through iit 2011.i want to try again for iit,doing engg(so that 1yr doesn't get wasted if i miss iit this yr).i know its not an easy task.has anyone tried this before? was anybody successful? i need some suggestions n tips about how to study for iit,while going to engg college,time management.....please help
23rd October 2011, 10:41 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen patel View Post
IJUST COMPLETED MY 12 TH CLASS N I WANT TO GET INTO IIT SO SHOULD I DO A LONG TERM COURSE OR SHOULD I DO BTECH AND THEN TRY FOR IIT IN MTECH
hiii friend here i can help you.......if you have good conceptual knowledge andhardworking capacity then go for long term course........other wise dont waste one year.....better to join in btech......and try forIIT'S in mtech by preparing well for GATE exam.............
12th June 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

even i have the same doubt:)
27th June 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I got about 3lakh all india rank in aieee without any coaching.i am not understanding weather to do engg with this rank or longterm iit.please help me
24th May 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i got 115 marks in eamcet without taking any good coaching...will i be able to crack iit by taking long term
11th June 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

i want to long term in hyderabad with low fee . if you know please answer my question?
16th June 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

i hav completed inter with 955 marks but eamcet score 49 jee not qualified where should i take long term
27th June 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 874 marks in inter but i want to get atleast in nits bits iiits so is it good to do long term?
7th July 2014, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

I got 965 in boards.120 in mains and 7000 rank ineamcet.then what to do .pls help me.if I take LT iam facing phy difficult
26th May 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 923 marks in boards n 45 in eamcet n 32 in eee, is it better to do long term in eee or go for engineering
9th July 2015, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

sir, I got jntu Hyderabad but I want to study in iit madras. is it better to take long term and try once again or should I try for IIT in mtech
4th July 2017, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Many saying longterm is not a good choice for bipc students..is that true?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?